[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Farmers Walks are one of the best lifts, but i seldom see people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

File: fw2.jpg (50KB, 600x630px) Image search: [Google]
fw2.jpg
50KB, 600x630px
Farmers Walks are one of the best lifts, but i seldom see people doing them.

Couple them with the obvious Squat, Dead, Bench, OHP and you got yourself the body and strength of a titan
>>
>>41612109

that word "seldom" triggers me everytime, it's like it means something totally different than it actually means
>>
>>41612126
kek

t. professional linguist
>>
>>41612126

Dafuq do you think it means?
>>
>>41612126
Language evolves and is only useful contextually. Or do you go around speaking like you're in the fucking King James bible?
>>
>>41612139
>>41612183
why do you people feel the need to be so hostile all the time?

t. professional linguist
>>
>>41612109
If your gym has farmer handles you're lucky desu
>>
File: straps.jpg (115KB, 740x1000px) Image search: [Google]
straps.jpg
115KB, 740x1000px
can anyone recommend a good and relatively cheap brand of straps for farmer walks?
getting sick of holding single 45s for upwards of 3 minutes just to feel a burn
>>
File: assanti.jpg (42KB, 807x657px) Image search: [Google]
assanti.jpg
42KB, 807x657px
>>41612195
>>41612137
Samefag and also redditor detected
>>
I farmer walk kettlebells around the indoor track for 1 mile at the end of every workout.
>>
>>41612213
>Samefag

what gave it away? cretin
>>
>>41612203
>>41612209

OP here

Unfortunately not, but Kettle bells work perfectly, though i would not recommend DBs, they become a pain in the ass to hold if you're not holding them perfectly down the middle.
>>
>>41612109
>the obvious Squat, Dead, Bench, OHP
Seeing those 4 in a list without pullups is one of my biggest pet peeves on /fit/
>>
>>41612109
Why put handles on barbells for farmers walks, why not just use dumbbells or I don't know fuckin barbells.
>>
>>41612272
Barbells are better than dumbells because dumbell plates are too close to your body and bounce around when you're walking
The handle is there so that the barbell is easier to balance
>>
>>41612272
>dumbbells
awkward to walk with due to the size of them and how close they are to your thighs. when I use to use those, the big 55lbs ones would either rub against my thighs or bump into them. it's just a hassle to do.
as for barbells, it's just kinda awkward too, they're so fucking long and it would require two barbells. do you really want to be that cunt in the gym taking up not only two barbells but half the gym for your turns during your walk?

straps like these >>41612209 are my preferred way to do farm walks. can easily load up to 4 plates on each hand, hang right below the hand, don't take up space, don't smack into your thighs, easy to balance
>>
Probably because they will fuck up your spine and there's no real way to protect yourself with muh form unlike deds or other big lifts.
>>
>>41612418
>stand with proper posture
>walk with proper posture
how do you think people do farm walks? sure some idiots have rounded backs because they carry too much weight, but if you know what you are doing they're safe as can be.

my biggest concern when doing them is just losing my grip and dropping my weight. but that's only so because I do not want to damage the floors
>>
>>41612215
Post traps and forearms please
>>
>>41612126
Go back to /lit/ nerd haha *flexes*
>>
>>41612209
Can just use a length of chain and a weight-bearing carabiner
>>
Newbie here. My elbows were hurting when doing BP the other day, so I forwent my usual SL with accessories routine and decided to try some new stuff. I picked up some 50 pound kettlebells, walked 40 feet, did 10 shoulder shrugs and calf raises, then walked back. 5 sets of that fucking obliterated my forearms, holy shit. My shoulders were sore for days, too. I usually end with 5x8 chin ups, but my arms were useless by the end, they were shaking all night. I plan to make farmers carries a regular part of my routine.
>>
File: farmers_handle.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
farmers_handle.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Use actual handles if possible (like pic related) and go heavy for short-medium distance (15-20m if possible)
A good initial standard to aim for is bodyweight in each hand, 1.5xbw is advanced bordering on elite.
>>
My gym doesn't have the equipment or space. :(
>>
>>41612209
pinch two plates together in each hand

one of the greatest grip/forearm exercises
>>
>>41612209
just grab he plates with your hands and get additional grip gains
>>
>>41612109
>no rows

goodbye shoulders
>>
>>41612418
I use kettle bells and always keep a neutral spine posture while doing farmers walk. I do them on Saturday when I have plenty of time for accessory lifts.
>>
I've been doing 5-6 sets of em after every workout (3 times a week). I alternate between trap bar farmers walk, which seems to work my traps and forearms the most, dumbbell farmers walk which seems to work my grip and forearms the most, and suitcase carry which really work my core and obliques the most.

I was fucking stuffed after 3 sets when I first started, had to up the sets and weight quickly though, and my forearms are responding really well, you gotta hold on until it burns so much you want to cry and give up.
>>
>>41612109
no proper equipment
>>
File: You-Dont-Say.jpg (19KB, 620x460px) Image search: [Google]
You-Dont-Say.jpg
19KB, 620x460px
>>41614123
>I alternate between trap bar farmers walk, which seems to work my traps
>>
>>41612109
we should rename them Boogie walks
>>
>>41612235
And rows
>>
>>41612126
some words are just like that to people. Appreciate is one that triggers me, so I seldom use it.
>>
>>41614190
Even if you're using that image ironically I'm still concerned.
>>
>>41614190
Db ones work traps too faggot, just saying which has worked the most. I also vary between weight and time.
>>
>>41612109
If you had to pick, you should row instead of bench. Your pulls are so much more important.
>>
>>41612183
Stfu Ludwig
>>
>>41612109
>bench
>ohp
>not variations of landmine press
Pleb
>>
>>41612109
This is probably the most functional lift one can do.
>>
>>41614204
I was on the verge of posting it too, but I always saw it as an accessory lift for pullups and deadlifts.

Pullups are irreplaceable, deadlifts are irreplaceable, rows... I don't know. For lat activation they are replaceable, for "pulling in a horizontal plane" they are not.

But then again, what is a row? Chest supported? Pendlay? Yates? How much cheating is allowed?
>>
>>41612109
They need a lot of space.
A lot of gyms don't have the space for a good "runway"
>>
>>41615768
Doesnt matter but you need rear delt work just as much if not more than chest
If you bench more than you row you are cucking your back
>>
>>41612126

What the fuck? Seldom means not very often, and OP was using the word in the correct context, or am I missing something?
>>
>>41615785
A real man makes space
>>
>>41612109
Yeah, regularly compacting and crushing your spine is the best way to a broken back in your 50s. If you got the $100,000 for the disc surgery by then go for it now.
>>
>walk into gym
>look around to see if "he" is there
>"he" is not
>doing my routine
>start hearing a commotion
>everyone is looking the same way
>get up to see whats happening
>oh god no
>its "him"
>a 5'3'' hulking mass of destruction
>"he" is doing the farmers walk
>dual wielding ikea bags with every weight of the gym plus a few that "he" brought from his house
>the ground begins to shake
>i get out of the gym before anyone because i know whats happening
>the entire building crumbles
>"he" is the only one alive coming out of the wreckage
>sees me
>"sup dude, didnt knew you worked out here"
>now i have to find a new gym for the fifth time in the month
>>
>>41612314
>55s gave me sand in my pussy
>I couldn't push that shit out slightly, getting a little extra delt activation
Quit being a fuckin pussy.
>>
>>41612213
you dumb fuck
>>
>>41615958
kek
>>
>>41615859
What the fuck are you talking about?

It's literally one of the most simple and 'natural' (if you'll excuse the faggotry) exercises out there.
>>
>>41615801
I'm wit choo mane
>>
>>41614242
So you seldom use "seldom".
I can appreciate that.....
>>
>>41615801
i think what he was trying to say is, the actual word seldom does not look like it would mean, "not very often."
>>
Would static holds provide the same benefits?
>>
>>41615958
Good shit m8
>>
>>41612215
Do you deadlift a lot? I don't work on my grip too much because my forearms get fatigued and I worry it will inhibit my DL progress. Thoughts?
>>
>>41615800
>doesn't matter
It matters if all you're using is erectors, hams and glutes to jerk the weight up. If your aim is to train those, do deadlifts
>rear delts
Rear delt work can be supplemented with facepulls

That is why I said rows are replaceable
>>
>>41612126
Holy shit this is so fucking true
>>
>>41620400
I always do my pullups with knee tucked as much as possible , do you think they work my rear delt more or less than regular pullups ?
>>
>>41612109

>add pullups and dipps to itt faggit
>inb4 strong ppl dont really pullup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrPbOvakqkU

strongest man in the world here for ya
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.