[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/, who is up for a challenge? Are you man enough to hyperventilate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: wim-hof-method-iceman1.jpg (105KB, 604x162px) Image search: [Google]
wim-hof-method-iceman1.jpg
105KB, 604x162px
Hey /fit/, who is up for a challenge?
Are you man enough to hyperventilate and go into the shower on cold mode?
Are you ready to inbrace your inner animal and unleash your true power?
>>
Don't do this. You'll pass out, knock your head on the ground and suffer a concussion or worse - die.
>>
It's not very healthy to have cold showers if you're not used to them, despite what broscientific blogs might tell you
>>
>hot water heater broke
>buy a new one
>doesn't work
>getting the run around on replacement
>end up taking a few cold showers in that time

fuck all of that shit man, idgaf, you want to go get cold, jump into the fucking lake off the dock or some shit, I'm trying to get clean and comfortable

I don't wash my dishes with cold ass water, I sure don't wash my ass with it either.
>>
>>41610702
Ok so is this just bullshit?
Because like >>41610721 said, I feel like fainting when doing the breathing excercises.
>>
>>41610721
I shower at normal temperatures in the morning.

But after working out I use the cold shower at the gym that way your muscles cure much better. also after a good workout, your heartbeat should be high enough to not pass-out.

I'm not op
>>
it: weak niggas

I only take cold showers, feels great and makes you feel like a god when you get out. it's not even hard once you get used to it. but if you enjoy being mediocre by all means keep taking nice, comfy showers
>>
>>41610785
>they told me to go running
>but that's bullshit bc afterwards i felt awful like fainting
>>
>>41611165
it is actually really motivational for some reason. i think it's because it always sounds like the worst thing in the world, but if you force yourself to do it you find out it's not that bad. like a small mental victory to start your day
>>
>>41611182
Yeah but isn't that because your body needs more oxygen?
If you just start breathing really fast for no reason, isn't that bad for you?

I really don't know, I just dont wanna go head first into the shower and pass out on the floor.
>>
>>41611220
>If you just start breathing really fast for no reason, isn't that bad for you?
the guy in OPs link would claim it's good for you. not sure there's any hard evidence to support it being good or bad. the idea that it helps your body attenuate it's stress response doesn't seem unreasonable though
>>
>>41610801
My friend is a Physical therapist and has told me that cold showers and ice baths are a scam. They dont help muscles recovery, they slow they healing problems but help pain go away. Ultimately might be bad for gainz but good for painz
>>
>>41610702
I just did this after my last workout and it feels great. I don't know why people are taking about passing out. I'm in a moderate climate in the summer and the water certainly isn't I ice cold.
>>
>>41611364
what was his reasoning for saying they don't help recovery? anything that cranks up circulation should help recovery
>>
How about dont be a sissy and just freshen up and get some mental toughness on the go.
>>
Started taking ice baths a few weeks ago. Fill up with water, dump 4 bags in and sit for a good 10 minutes, your toes go numb and you start shaking near the end but you'll feel 120% when you wake up the next day
>>
>>41611478
then shouldn't hot baths be more effective? Vasodilation would increase oxygen concentration
>>
>>41610736
What if you are used to them? I've been having them everyday for the last few months and I've actually grown to like them.
>>
File: 1495345484011.gif (506KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1495345484011.gif
506KB, 640x640px
Started taking cold showers before bed. Like, skin purple cold. Feels good mang, dont know what these pussies are on about
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.