[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I heard Joe Rogan & some other people say that taking a cold

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: shower after workout.jpg (396KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shower after workout.jpg
396KB, 1440x1080px
I heard Joe Rogan & some other people say that taking a cold shower after lifting is beneficial somehow. I don't remember exactly, but something about how it boosts metabolism and increases fat-burning.

Anyone know anything about this? What are the facts here? Should I take cold showers after lifting?
>>
>>41610015
dunno bout a cold shower, but icebaths after are for recovery
>>
does cold mean actually coldest your shower goes, or just lukewarm in the middle, to where the water hits you and it feels cool, and then slides down you and warms a little
>>
>>41610015

joe rogan believes anything you tell him.
>>
File: Clipboard02.jpg (255KB, 645x811px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard02.jpg
255KB, 645x811px
This is the first shit that pops up on Google, anyway
>>
File: killing_time.jpg (218KB, 479x731px) Image search: [Google]
killing_time.jpg
218KB, 479x731px
I don't about science, but I always take cold showers. For me, they are just more refreshing than warm showers, and at this point it's just another facet of discipline.
>>
>>41610036
This. Joe Rogan is a muscle-head dummy.
>>
>>41610048
>Mercola
>sounds like bullshit
>>
One of Tim Ferris' recent podcasts was about cold and heat exposure actually.

http://tim.blog/2017/05/04/smart-drugs-fasting-and-fat-loss/

tl:dr cold exposure increases recovery, but potentially reduces hypertrophy (research is split about this), and not every shower gets cold enough to actually reap the benefits
>>
I live in the tropics. Fuck warm showers, it's warm enough already that without AC I only wear boxers.
>>
>>41610114
oh shit alright
usually, when it comes down to it, there seems to turn out to be very little actual hard scientific evidence for specific types of behavior within exercise.... shame, really

>>41610134
yea i live in cold country, so warm showers tend to be my shit
>>
Not sure but cold shower masturbation after working out is literally the greatest feeling in the world.
>>
>>41610015
>Hot water knob? Haven't touched it in months. I'm actually currently going through the process of having it uninstalled from my plumbing, they should be coming out sometime next week. I had to list a reason(s) on the work order as to why I am requesting my hot water knob to be removed and discarded. Would you care to hear the reasons? Well stay tuned friend. 3 reasons:

>1. Discipline
>2. Mental toughness
>3. It raises my testosterone

>My property manager was initially questioning my reasons, but I explained to her that by taking cold showers I am actually able to develop discipline and mental toughness. After a long and heated (note that I needn't anything heated, especially my water) debate, I was able to convince her to put the work order in. Now I'm living a great life, warm water free. I even started forcing my gf to take cold showers with me. I refuse to date an inferior female, and I explained to her that if she can't learn to accept and love cold showers as I have then we really have no business being together anyways.

>She's already received a black mark for questioning my NoFap practices stating that she wants my seed and wishes me to release my seed. Should she continue in this non-stoic fashion then I don't see us lasting much longer.
>>
>>41610015
I don't know about beneficial, but I know for a fucking fact that cold showers feel amazing after a hot workout.

If you want a hot shower after an intense workout, then you can go suck your dad's dick forever, gayfag
>>
Although his podcast is extremely entertaining, Joe Rogan believes all pseudoscience and neuroscience.
>>
>>41611176
All of this is legit though and nofap doesn't include nosex
>>
>>41610034
i would also like to know
>>
>>41610034
>>41612010
Slightly colder than comfortable. After a short time turn it a bit colder again
then after a bit slightly colder again.
When your finished with your showering make it a good chunk colder and stay like 40-60 sec
Then turn water off.
>>
>>41610036
>>41610078
To be fair, he's gone back on his position on the moon landing when he stopped to consider the evidence.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.