[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is working out under water a meme, or is it Goku's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 300x Earth's gravity.jpg (123KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
300x Earth's gravity.jpg
123KB, 1920x1080px
Is working out under water a meme, or is it Goku's gravity machine?
>>
>>41603535
it's useless
>>
>>41603535
Even dense objects have a buoyant force acting on them desu. The most that would happen is you get increased resistance during movements because you are moving through a medium more dense than air.
>>
>>41603535
are you retarded? there is LESS gravity underwater, it would be easier
>>
>>41604140
Actually it's the same amount of gravity you are just experiencing upwards force from buoyancy
>>
>>41604140
No are you studip or something? Idiot.
>>
File: 1451251084242.jpg (350KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1451251084242.jpg
350KB, 800x800px
>>41603535
For lifting stuff? Probably not so good, buoyant forces act against pull from gravity. Training for explosive movements? Probably pretty ok, hence you sometimes see people hold weights and try to sprint,run,punch or kick. They do it to actively increase drag and train for that power in movement.

I can imagine someones going to fucking kill themselves at the bottom of the pool trying to do some fucking clean and jerks in an olympic sized pool because of this thread though.

>Mfw
>>
>>41604206
>I can imagine someones going to fucking kill themselves at the bottom of the pool trying to do some fucking clean and jerks in an olympic sized pool because of this thread though.

Idiot. How's someone gonna get a weight /weights onto a swimming pool. Seriously. Unless they on some ninja skills abilities then it ain't gonna happen. Lifeguards have eagle eyes haha
>>
>>41604223
You do know people don't just have community complex pools right?

Some people have community pools in their apartment complexes (no lifeguards) or better yet they own a house and have a back yard pool. Where you live do people not have pools?
>>
>>41603535
>>41604223

There was a Speedo(like the company) commercial i just saw the other day that had people using barbells under water. They would rise out of the water for ohp. It was in an olympic pool, but you can absolutely use weights in a pool. The idea is the resistance on your body would give you more of a workout.
>>
>>41604257
>>41604276
Kinda sad that people are prepared to lie over the internet because they were proved wrong... So yeah... Sad.
>>
File: 1450312543061.png (88KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1450312543061.png
88KB, 1000x1000px
>>41604304
kys
>>
>>41604320
Ah,,, the old "bait" "argument". Haven't see that before...
>>
>>41604206
>For lifting stuff? Probably not so good, buoyant forces act against pull from gravity.
The effect on the weights would be minor. Since Iron is denser than water you only have to substract the displaced water from the effective "weight".
Your body is actually less dense than water and accordingly much much lighter under water, so the difference in plate weight might be minimal, but you would be lifting much less than on land unless you increase your working weight accordingly.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.