[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does it take to become elite, how feasible is it for a seemingly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

What does it take to become elite, how feasible is it for a seemingly average person to achieve great things?
>>
all the elite bodybuilders started at 13-14
>>
the elite are those who have both talent and work hard as balls. you need both the talent and the drive, having just one of them isn't enough, and if you're an average person you have neither.
>>
There is a reason its called the elite

Average people do average things thats just the way things are
>>
>>41599846
>>41599846
That's kinda my point, not just specifically speaking about bodybuilding though

Is it safe to assume 99.99% of elite people have always been elite, even as young children their mindset was elite?

Some lazy, unmotivated, average retard can't just decide one day to turn his life around at the age of 25 and suddenly be Elon Musk 10 years later

There is something deeper, something innate, Elon Musk would never have found himself being in the situation to need to turn his life around after wasting years and years doing nothing

Can you think of anyone who is the best of the best, who was late to the game?
>>
>>41599918
you'll find plenty of people who achieved success late in life, but you're speaking in very broad terms. you can't become an elite athlete if you start late in life. you only have a very limited number of years of physical prime to work with, and if you waste a lot of them you simply can't catch up with the elite.

it's certainly possible to become successful in other ways later in life, but you still need something to work with that sets you apart from the rest. the chance of some random, average person who's wasted most of his life suddenly turning it around and becoming successful is very, very low.
>>
>>41599891
But what if I, or you, have the potential to become truly elite but we're wasting it, we just assume we are average, so we accept an average and mediocre lifestyle. How far could we take it if we changed our lifestyle and mindset.

Obviously if you are seemingly average you can only take things so far, the truly "naturally" elite have something special about them, like a perfect storm of genetics, luck, hard work, motivation, mentality, balls, mentors etc.
>>
>>41599834
HGH
>>
>>41600003
I'd say that one of the hallmarks of the elite is that they're willing to work way harder than everyone else. It's not just about the physical talent, it's that they do whatever is necessary to succeed.
>>
>>41600028
He was on all sorts of chems, doesn't really have that HGH core look tho, so I kind of doubt it.
>>
File: bd8.png (270KB, 1190x906px) Image search: [Google]
bd8.png
270KB, 1190x906px
>>41600028
>>
>>41599918

Also, define "elite". And do you even really care about being elite? It just seems like as far as sports or fitness go, starting late means you aren't going to be the next Arnold or the top of the top. It's pretty much impossible.

If you mean can you get in the top 5%? Sure. The bar is set pretty low these days. Most people don't even engage in fitness. There's nothing stopping you from becoming "elite" in that sense.

Mentally, while we do have a kind of mental acuity in our prime, you'll find that most top mental athletes are generally people in their 30's, 40's, and 50's unless it's something that specifically heavily relates to reaction times (like video games).

So generally speaking, the later you start, the worse off you are. Is it absolutely impossible to become the top of the top later in life? Maybe not, but probably. It's best not to even think about it in these terms. How good other people are at something isn't important and it's often a thought that discourages others from ever improving or succeeding. There are guys that started fitness at 30 that become monsters by 40. They're not the absolute best in the world, but does that really matter that much? I guess it really depends on your goal, but I don't feel like winning fitness competitions is something that should be driving most people starting fitness later in life. What is important is that you maximize your own training and improvement.
>>
>>41599918
Personally I think that I've had this innate drive to be great from an early age. However due to circumstances I've been set back. Now I'm just getting back on track to what I've always been. I'm not 30 something and just grasping at a goal and I have many years to works towards my goals. I think there are some people who, like me, are at the whim of other peoples choices and don't really have an option to change until year 2-3 of their prime.

Like the saying goes, "The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now."
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.