[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DYEL here. How do I overcome my fear of what other people think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: boogie blacked.png (837KB, 809x779px) Image search: [Google]
boogie blacked.png
837KB, 809x779px
DYEL here. How do I overcome my fear of what other people think of me in the gym and just get out there and start lifting?
>>
Say Hi to ppl.
>>
>>41593243
>and just get out there and start lifting

Answered your own question.
>>
File: muscularbuddhistgirl.jpg (141KB, 554x831px) Image search: [Google]
muscularbuddhistgirl.jpg
141KB, 554x831px
>>41593243
:P

it's been hard for me too! the answer probably isn't what either of us want to hear.

do it anyway. it sucks and is horrible and painfully awkward but at the end of it you're still basically fine and better for facing your bullshit fears.

if i can get to the gym you have no excuse xD

get there and do it!
>>
>>41593287
Seriously stop posting, nobody gives a fuck about your mental illness.
>>
>>41593296

it never will, it craves the attention that life doesn't give it
>>
>>41593307
I just don't understand why it fucking just popped out of nowhere. I really wish /fit/ had mods to ban the blatant shitposting. Avatar fagging is still a bannable offense
>>
>this is the person calling you nigger
>>
File: 6yo_dress.png (333KB, 590x648px) Image search: [Google]
6yo_dress.png
333KB, 590x648px
>>41593287
You will NEVER be a woman.
>>
>>41593359
>>41593329
>>41593307
>>41593307
>>41593296
Please, guys. if you're going to throw mud on that poor creature at least offer me some advice as well.
>>
>>41593398
Its constant pampering that made OP a huge faggot
Feelsgood talk wont get anyone anywhere.
>>
>>41593442
But ok, here we go
Bath before you go to the gym
Have clothes to use in the gym, not too tight, not too large
Put weights where they belong
Wipe your sweat
Congrats, despite the crippling autism you are now an standard gym member and no one will notice your existence until you lift big
If despite this you still need someone to hold your hand just kys
>>
>>41593484
was that so hard you meanie
>>
>>41593243
Get a home gym, 1-2 years experience, and 1/2/3/4. Then you'll have so much confidence you won't even care what other people think because you *know* you're doing it right.
>>
>>41593243
You don't you either man up or stay the fuck out of the boneyard like a beta little faggot. Odds are some of the big guys will bully you and laugh at how weak you are, this is a good thing it's used to keep out the weak of heart and to encourage you to use your rage to get stronger.
>>
>>41593243
Stop being a pansy OP, I'm a fat bastard and nothing has happened to me at the gym because everyone is doing their own thing. This is just paranoia in action.
>>
>>41593243
Hungry skeleton here, I don't think anybody really gives a shit.
In my experience many serious gym goers do respect genuine effort and are willing to help out if you need a spot or ever have any questions about lift form. That being said if you don't take it seriously, fuck around, and don't ever push yourself you'll probably be looked down on.

Just don't half ass it.

also this
>>41593484
as far as basic etiquette
>>
>>41593243
wait until your testicles drop
>>
>>41593793
Pretty much this. Also hungry skelly and up until maybe a month ago I was the smallest and weakest person in the gym. Just go. If you go regularly at the same time people will recognize you eventually, since all you seem to care about is people thinking shit about you.
>>
>>41593243
I had a small case of this. Go really early or really late.

My first gym sessions were at 3am when there were 4 people in the whole gym. You'll gradually get more comfy.

But knowing what I know now...nobody gives a shit about you're fitness levels and I wish I would have known that then.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.