[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>click on sticky >I don't want to become some huge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Steve-Reeves-32.jpg (183KB, 873x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Steve-Reeves-32.jpg
183KB, 873x1100px
>click on sticky
>I don't want to become some huge bodybuilder freak, I just want to get in better shape and look better. Should I read this?

I DO though. I don't give a fuck about strength, I want to reach my natural limit of muscularity as efficiently as possible. How do I get there? What routine progression should I follow? Where's the sticky for this?
>>
>>41591760
Maybe you should read the sticky a bit more
>>
>>41591797
Show me one person who achieved that picture doing SS, stronglifts, ICF, 5x5, 5/3/1, or the Texas Method.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 236x358px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 236x358px
To develop all your muscles, you must isolate them all.

Split your workouts according to musclegroup. The muscle groups are: arms, legs, shoulders, back, chest, and you will do 3 sets of 10 reps on MEDIUM weight, so that is the DOABLE weight for you, not too light, not too heavy, but hard to do.

Here was my starter routine

Arms day:
Bicep isolation curls seated
Hammer curls
Bicep curls standing
Two handed Triep extension 1 db behind the neck
Tricep extension seated
Tricep press cable
Barbell curls standing
21s
Over the head rope tricep extension
Preacher curls
Reverse preacher curls
French press

Shoulder day:

Lateral raise
Shoulder press
Military press
Overhead press
Dumbell press
Seated behind the leg rear flys
Roman salutes
Arnold press
Plate shrugs
Db shrugs
Straight bar shrugs
Monkey rows

Leg day:

All the leg machines
Deadlift with trap bar ( it focuses on legs)
Front squats
Calf isolations
This is the day to do ab workouts at the end.

Chest day:

Flat bench
Incline bench
Decline bench
Closegrip bench
Reverse grip bench
Flys
Incline flys
Dumbbell flat press
Db incline press
Db flat reverse press
Db incline reverse press
Cable crossovers
Pullovers

Back day:

Lat pull down
Pull-ups
Close grip lay pull down
Wide grip lay pull down
Seated rows
Close grip seated rows
Wide grip seated rows
Lawnmowers
Straight at deadlift
High rows
Low rows
Bent over rows
T bar rows
Back extension

This routine will will slaughter every muscle in your body.

DONT FORGET TO DO 10 MINUTES OF CARDIO EVERY OTHER DAY. STRONG HEART=WELL FED MUSCLES.
>>
>>41592070
yes OP do everything this guy says 3x a week
t. big boi
>>
>>41591855
No one you childish dick, you start off with an LP porgram and then if you wish so you can move up to a bodybuilding routine. Learn to fucking read.
>>
>>41592125
Name one person who looks halfway decent who ever started with a 3x a week linear progression.
>>
>>41592170
Me
>>
>>41592198
Post pic and how long lifting
>>
>>41591855
The sticky is bullshit, i wouldnt do any of the workouts there. You just need to utilize progressive overload. Lift for high volume, eat in excess as im sure you know. Creatine will make your muscles retain water giving the appearance of being bigger.
>>
>>41592070
don't you need a rest day? and it seems weird to wait nearly a whole week to hit chest or legs again.
>>
the powerlifters and dyels meme it, but you can do PPL.
It's a good enough split where you get decent frequency and won't turn into a t-rex.

also dont do >>41592070
this is a fucking awful routine. Its bait but you probably dont know since youre a dyel. Anyway above all else make sure youre doing the compounds (bench, OHP, squats, deadlifts) and you'll be fine.
>>
File: 61AJB7D89FL.jpg (68KB, 376x475px) Image search: [Google]
61AJB7D89FL.jpg
68KB, 376x475px
>>41592228
>You just need to utilize progressive overload. Lift for high volume
Would a routine from pic related be alright or is that too much? Would I need to add an extra rest day?
>>
>>41592286
Alright I'll find a ppl to do, thanks
>>
>>41592170
Jesus, just go straight to an intermediate bodybuilding routine then. Have fun wasting your noob gains.
>>
Candito strength and hypertrophy
>>
>>41592297
It's easy to design your own, just put it down on paper. You only need a few key points:

>Make sure your sets, reps, and exercises are consistent for at least a couple months at a time before changing
>Attempt to increase weight or reps on every exercise, every day
>Don't worry about fitting it into a week, 3 on/1 off is the best way to do PPL.

PPL(Heavy)xPPL(Light)x
>>
>>41592378
Is this good?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

Just asking because it doesn't alternate between heavy and light.
>>
>>41592378
Thank you, I do appreciate it
>>
>>41592438
that should be fine. Honestly at the beginning its just a matter of doing the compounds and then finding what accessories work for you. For example I personally love flys/ cable crossovers, incline bench instead of flat bench, etc. but some people have different joints or just preferences. As you lift more you'll develop your own routine.
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 417x353px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 417x353px
>>41592286

But it's not
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.