[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am on phase 3 of SS, and my Triceps and Deltoids are falling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1490058139214.jpg (22KB, 320x456px) Image search: [Google]
1490058139214.jpg
22KB, 320x456px
I am on phase 3 of SS, and my Triceps and Deltoids are falling behind. What can I do to work them better and catch them up?
>>
do delt and tricep exercises
>>
>>41591450
I am doing Overhead press every other workout as part of the program and skull crushers on fridays, what else should I add?
>>
>>41591425
do lying tricep extensions and strict lateral raises for assistance at the end
>>
>>41591464
F A C E P U L L S

also lateral raises
>>
>>41591501
>>41591516
How would I incorporate lateral raises into SS?
>>
>>41592135
you do them
>>
falling behind in size, or in performance?
>>
>>41592180
Mostly performance, my gains are slow and size is affected a little bit.
>>
>>41592180
>size

you are not pressing or benching enough, those should be enough to keep up with size

Front Raises are a great addition, but done for volume, not weight, on OHP days along with rear delt flies.

>performance
I suggest microprogression 1/2-1lb plates to keep OHP progress from stalling, as well as doing the rack pull version of an OHP, setting the safeties up high enough so the bar starts at the forehead area. Makes pressing much easier and I usually have my clients do that as a failure protocol.

Failure protocol is: do 3 instead of 5.
> if you fail a 3 rep.
Do a board bench, forehaed press (above), box squat/ reverse bands or rack pull of the lowest assistance possible to.

Even deloading to have chains/bands if you fail that works too.

Seen lots of success with people resorting to those for 1 week then smashing that failed weight 3 days later.
>>
>>41592246
Thanks for the good reply, my progression on the OHP is 5 pounds every other workout, where I usually can increase the weight on every other lift by 5 every time I work it. I am not sure what I am missing, Deltoids are the chief problem although my Triceps are a little behind, probably related to the Deltoids.
>>
>>41592135
On press days
>>
>>41592273
maybe do OHP/Bench/CGBP

rotation for a few weeks
>>
>>41592135
On squats day
>>
File: 1492705128677.jpg (29KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
1492705128677.jpg
29KB, 475x475px
>>41592766
That's every day
>>
Oh, I don't know, it sounds like you want to develop a muscle, I dunno maybe you could target them? Like nigger do a few sets of tricep extensions.
>>
>>41591501
This is exactly what I would recommend. I started on SS and my tricep long head development was horrible. Doing the laying tricep extensions caused a big breakthrough. And strict lateral raises are great for delt development without interfering with lifts.
>>
>>41592246
I think it would be a very bad idea to target your front delts while doing SS of all things. Your front delts get worked a lot and can be a source of needing deloads.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.