[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are they worth buying? I'm beginner. Can they replace

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Are they worth buying? I'm beginner. Can they replace the gym for me?
>>
>>41589761
Why are you even concerned with this? Why does any beginner worry about anything besides just going to the gym and training? That should be your main and only focus as a beginner. Keep it simple.
>>
>>41589761
yes they do have uses. no they can't replace gym.
>>
They're good for some resistance, but if you're looking to get size and mass, it's not a very good option.
>>
Resistance is resistance. Your body doesn't care what it is. Bands do have a few major weaknesses though.

1. You can't measure/gauge your exact progress like you can with weights.
2. Eventually you wont be able to keep adding bands for resistance.
3. Easy to slap yourself and it hurts
>>
>>41590036
>3. Easy to slap yourself and it hurts
probably jinxing myself, but this has literally never happened to me in years
>>
>>41589761

I use them to warm the shoulders up before a workout. That's about it though.
>>
I like them on OHP because usually at the top it's a breeze and too easy. this makes it harder at the top and controlling it down
since using them I'm made mad gains
>>
>>41589761
I got a set to help with pullups.

I suck at pullups.
>>
>>41590049
Well to be fair I've only ever slapped myself with the round ones that have handles at the ends. Recently bought a flat set and haven't had issues with those so far.
>>
>>41590136
Why the fuck are you namefagging here if you can't do pullups?
>>
>>41589978
I do cause I can't lift right now due to my bulged disc, can I gain muscle through bw like chin ups and pull ups
>>
>>41590171
fit reject from years ago.

I enjoy the abuse.
>>
>>41589761
>Are they worth buying?
Probably not
>Can they replace the gym for me?
No. That is, they won't be able to replace the gym if you have any actual goals of getting stronger and building muscle.
If you're injured, just go to the gym and use machines and do bodyweight exercises until your doctor/physiotherapist says you're good to go, you can definitely gain muscle from chin ups and pull ups, but being unable to use barbells and dumbbells is a pretty suboptimal state to be in
>>
>>41590474
Two retarded opinions in one post. Amazing.
>>
>>41589761
The have their uses for rehab, perhab, etc. I also use the for shoulder accessory work. They cannot replace a gym. Look for the kind where you can connect multiple bands of different resistance. This would allow for progression
>>
>>41590489
nope.

bands' usefulness are limited in injury rehab, mobility and warming up. outside of that they are downright useless.

also, there was nothing wrong with his second post. of course bands will never replace weights, are you drunk?
>>
>>41590036
>Resistance is resistance
weights provide a more constant resistance than bands. bands only effectively become taught enough to adequately train a range of motion when its already 80% completed

the only reason i'd ever use bands is to make the top of a deadlift, squat etc more difficult, precisely because they only work over a very smal ROM
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.