[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is being capable of doing a lot of pull-ups a good way to impress

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1495814739035.jpg (29KB, 465x437px) Image search: [Google]
1495814739035.jpg
29KB, 465x437px
Is being capable of doing a lot of pull-ups a good way to impress people? I can do 16. How many more until it becomes a neat trick that people will think is impressive?
>>
>The Guinness World Record for most pull-ups in 24-hours was 4,210, a pretty amazing feat. But, that record was trumped last week by over 100 pull-ups by 54-year old Mark Jordan. Jordan, from Corpus Christi, Texas, cranked out 4,321 pull-ups in 24-hours.

The record holder is Jan Kares (Czech Republic) who did 232 pull-ups in 36 minutes on 19 June 2010
>>
Most normal people can't do more than 1-3. 16 is amazing to the average person
>>
nobody cares how many you can do. how much extra weight you can lift is all that matters
>>
>>41588303
Okay. Good.
>>
>>41588181
Do five pull ups and then a couple one armed one if you can that should be more than enough.
>>
>>41588181
Where and when are you going to demonstrate your spectacular talent to the world?
>>
>>41588181
10+ with strict form is impressive.

Flopping around like a fish for 30 reps impresses no one.
>>
>>41588330
I don't know. I guess you got me there. I didn't really think that far.
>>
>>41588181
34 roughly.
>>
>>41588350

Yeah at one point I could do 20+ pull ups when I was younger but I had probably 30 pounds less of muscle and 10 pounds less of fat PLUS I wasn't going into a dead hang every time.

You can really pump up your pull up numbers if you neglect form.

Also if you weigh less pull ups tend to be easier. A lot of ectomorphs can knock out pull ups but what really impresses me is the 200 lb+ guys knocking em out.

If done correctly, observing proper form, then they are a great indicator of overall strength in proportion to body though.
>>
>>41588330
>walk into store
>finish shopping
>waiting in line
>spot obese woman behind me
>"how much do you weight?"
>start squatting her to show off my gym gains
>her even fatter mother is giving me dirty looks
>trip her and start deadlifting even heavier beast
>cashier twink gets hard
>pick him up and press him a couple of times
>his boner poking my face each rep
>take him back to the meat room for some after workout cardio while eating a post workout meal
>>
If you're form is good then most normies will be impressed if you can do 3, if you really want to show off do the sideways ones, they are easy as fuck and looks more impressive then it is, also one handed ones.
>>
>>41588408
Much kek
>>
>>41588410
>if you really want to show off do the sideways ones
?
>>
>>41588449
probably thinks archer pullups
>>
One armed pull-ups
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.