[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best foods to get if I'm trying to gain weight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1394926055708.jpg (114KB, 532x786px) Image search: [Google]
1394926055708.jpg
114KB, 532x786px
What are the best foods to get if I'm trying to gain weight? Skellymode here, trying to get big over the summer so I have about 2 1/2 months to gain 15-20 pounds. I feel this is a realistic goal. Of course I will be going to the gym at the same time. Unfortunately I'm broke so I need recommendations as I'm about to leave to the grocery store.

So what are the foods with the best calorie-to-dollar ratio that won't make me obese?
>>
Peanut butter
It's what homeless people buy just so they can get enough calories in them to survive.
>>
milk and peanut butter
one PB sandwich with a generous serving of PB can easily be 350-450 calories. then you add the jelly, which if it's that kind full of more corn syrup and food coloring then actual fruit, can easily be another 100-150 calories.
two slices of bread usually around 150 calories
and then there's the milk, a tall glass of milk can be anywhere between 300-450 calories.
at least with this little snack (none of this is very filling, maybe the bread will be) will be anywhere between 900 calories to 1200 calories. all in a simple sandwich and cold milk to wash it down.

when I was bulking this was my go to. tasty, easy to make, somewhat cheap, and stupidly calorie rich
>>
File: 070.png (719KB, 613x1083px) Image search: [Google]
070.png
719KB, 613x1083px
>>41583641

I have two 1.5 kg peanut butter jugs already, need more ideas

so far I have:

avocados
chicken breast
brown rice
beans
eggs
milk

but obviously this isn't meeting all my nutritional requirements. It will also get boring eating the same thing over and over so I'm looking for some variety.
>>
>>41583673
>chicken breast
chicken is cutting food boy. buy pork and beef if calories is what you need more of. hell, if you got the money, cold cuts like salami are pretty calorie rich for being a thin piece of tasty meat. A stack of those goes down easy, doesn't fill you up much, and can be pretty high in calories depending on how fat rich the cuts are.

other things to take not: grains. you can easily get an extra 200-350 calories a meal when you add a side of rice, couscous, or just bread/muffins. I fucking love a nice warm pumpkin muffin/cornbread with extra butter, that's a solid 300~ calories right there.
>>
peanut butter, coconut oil, peanuts, milk, yoghurt, granola, pastries (croissants, pain au chocolat etc)

im skelly mode and it works for me
>>
>>41583673
>I have two 1.5 kg peanut butter jugs
>tfw i downed one 1.5kg in two weeks
>>
4 raw eggs, 1 or 2 bananas, 300-400ml milk. Blend it well. That's around 800 calories that you just drink. Easy to make, easy to consume. I use bananas so it tastes better, you can replace them with whatever you like.
>>
>>41585458
>raw eggs

But muh salmonella.
>>
>>41583629
>135 6 ft 10%
>Start summer bulk, eat 3000-3500 a day
>get scared when I start gaining fat and put on 5 lbs in a week
did I overdo?
>>
File: 1480235121515.jpg (25KB, 500x356px) Image search: [Google]
1480235121515.jpg
25KB, 500x356px
>>41583629
Former skelly here, ate a lot of almonds, oats and gainer shakes inbetween meals. I ate almonds, but you can basically eat any nuts you want
>>
>>41587045
Yes, a pound to two pounds a week max dude.
>>
>>41587270
bulking is fucking hard
it's like impossible to know my tdee
>>
>>41583629
You absolutely must consume 12-ish scoops of mutant mass over the course of the day
>>
File: 638_1000.jpg (492KB, 946x1231px) Image search: [Google]
638_1000.jpg
492KB, 946x1231px
>>41587746
take my advice, just bulk for two full years if you're skelly, then cut, then slow bulk
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.