[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>How can I quit smoking? I smoke for almost 2 years, now.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1487887893013.jpg (102KB, 500x317px) Image search: [Google]
1487887893013.jpg
102KB, 500x317px
>How can I quit smoking?

I smoke for almost 2 years, now. Whatever I try, it doesn't last long. Gums, toothpicks, "cigarette museum", nicotin patches, strong will, nothing seems to work. Not because I have a weak mind, but I'm very impulsive and can be really agressive when I don't smoke.

Any further ideas, especially to release stress? I work in a security agency and it doesn't help anyone if I yell at my collegues or a guest.
>>
>>41575361
>Not because I have a weak mind, but I'm very impulsive and can be really agressive when I don't smoke
You're physically addicted to nicotine and you can't stop because you have a weak mind

Now if you're borderline and so on like acting self destructive to cope with things that's another thing but there is a lot of help out there
>>
Same way you quit all physical/mental addictions. You switch it.

Buy a vape with 3 juices, high nicotine, medium, low dose, and finally a flavored one.

Every time you smoke a cigarette, once you're finished you take a few hits off the vaporizer with the medium dose nicotine. Eventually switching from a medium dose+cigarette into a high dose juice without a cigarette for a few weeks. Then tapering down to medium/low dose over the next few months. Eventually you'll be using low dose long enough to start switching in the flavored non-addictive juice along side your low nicotine % after (like you did before with 1 cig 1 vape session).

Then when you're down to just vaping no-nicotine juice you can just slow that down over time and it should be a pretty painless process.
>>
Get an ecig and some flavor liquid with a 1mg nicotine content. You'll be able to toss cigarettes in a week.
>>
Try being an adult and having some self dicipline.
>>
>>41575361
I can't recommend vaping enough because it worked for lots of people I know.

I smoked for 7 years, and this is how I quit.

The "reward cigarette". Basically I made it so if I went through the whole day of work without smoking, I could enjoy one guilt-free cigarette at the end of the day.

So that made me REALLY enjoy it and did shit to make it even more enjoyable. I.e., work out, make a great meal, fuck my GF senseless, etc.

What I found after two weeks of doing that, was that the cigarette starting tasting like shit and I was doing more active things, and generally really benefitting from stopping smoking. I quit for good like 2-3 weeks later, and haven't smoked for 15 years.

Immediately, I started to appreciate the benefits of not-smoking: (1 ) food tasted better (2) I slept better (3) working out was way more productive (4) sex was WAY WAY better (diamonds bud)

Hope this helps. Changed my life.
>>
Cold turkey is pretty much the best way from what I've seen my friends doing. You do need that discipline though.
Everyone I know who tried some replacements for it ended up smoking again after some time. The only dude that actually managed to do it did it cold turkey, and he was smoking like half a pack to pack a day. You will feel like shit for a couple of weeks and you'll cough up so much black shit you will wonder where the fuck it will come from but in the end you'll be over it pretty quickly.
Also I don't know about your work environment but if you have the urge to yell at something, get a small-ish pillow and take it to the bathroom with you. Just scream into that motherfucker if your yelling to remain somewhat silent. It's retarded but if you need a way to release it, why not.
>>
>>41575632
The idea is so stupid, it made me giggle a little. Thanks anon, your post cheered me up!
>>
>>41575361
You have a weak mind.

Quitting smoking is pretty easy.
Now quitting weed or other drugs that actually have some kind of benefit, or make you feel good, that's hard.
I don't understand why anyone would want to smoke cigarettes anymore. Gives literally zero joy or benefit all you get is negative effects.
>>
>>41575632
>you have the urge to yell at something, get a small-ish pillow
It... it can't be
Are you who I think you are? You have returned?
>>
This is a short living thread, so I'll keep it short:
Vaping seems to be a good substitution. I hope it'll help me.

Reward cigarette is no option. I tried it and I failed miserabely.

It's for sure I want to quit. Some of your words were motivational.

Thank you /fit/, this will work. See you in a month!
>>
>>41575692
It keeps me calm and focused. Otherwise, I run around like a headless, bloodthirsty chicken.
>>
Vaping replaces a shitty expensive habit with a slightly less shitty, MORE expensive habit. Inhaling vapor still fucks with your airway and lungs. You'll have a sore throat and not sleep as easily. Vaping fags will deny this.

Cold turkey is the best way.
>>
The way I am currently quitting (2 months out from last cig) is just not going to anywhere that sells them. After a while the yearning slightly goes away.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.