[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/, I'm thinking of buying a bench press to work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: bench-press.jpg (21KB, 549x406px) Image search: [Google]
bench-press.jpg
21KB, 549x406px
Hey /fit/, I'm thinking of buying a bench press to work out at home, more likely to stick at it this way.

Question is, can I get /fit/ just by using the bench press and the weights that come with it?

I was also thinking just to buy protein and have that after working out. My diet is fine, I eat a lot anyway but I have a high metabolism.
>>
>>41563133
>more likely to stick at it this way
No you're not

>can I get /fit/ just by using the bench press
No you can't

>My diet is fine
No it's not

>I have a high metabolism
No you don't
>>
>>41563133
read the sticky
>>
>>41563140
y tho
>>
>>41563133
You might wanna buy more weights over time if you are going for linear progression. You can still do overhead press, curls and all that stuff with a single bar. Just gotta be creative.
>>
>>41563169
You're looking for an easy way out, stop trying to get anyone to agree that this is a good way to make it. You're never going to make it taking the easy way out.

If you buy a bench and some weights at home, chances are you'll do it for a while, not really committing fully to it, then quit after a few weeks maximum.

Just get a gym membership dawg, no one is going to care about you doing things wrong in the beginning, we've all been there.
>>
>>41563133
A bar, bench, and squat stands is a way better option
>>
>>41563191
>hes going to quit because im a weak faggot who needs to waste money on a gym membership to feel like im getting somewhere
Post body
>>
Get a cage and bench so you can actually do something useful, this won't work.
>>
>>41563179
That's what I'm saying. There is a lot I can still do with all of this.

>>41563191
>Just get a gym membership dawg, no one is going to care about you doing things wrong in the beginning, we've all been there.

I'm not self conscious about going to the gym, it's just far away and I would rather do it at home.

I have committed to intensive workout before, I used to do boxing for several months, which was hard as fuck at first but I got used to it.

>>41563197
Do I need a squat stand really?
>>
>>41563217
Yes, so you can do overhead press and squats
>>
>>41563217
>I used to do boxing for several months
"Several months" of boxing is not commitment IMO, but you do you
>>
>>41563228
Is that stand there just for convenience? So you don't drop it or something?

I could just be careful when I do it.
>>
>>41563239
Google "squat stands," because I feel like you are confused. If you aren't, you need them because you can't clean and jerk more than you squat to get it on your shoulders.
>>
>>41563264
>If you aren't, you need them because you can't clean and jerk more than you squat to get it on your shoulders.

Oh I hear you. Can't be that heavy surely?

This all sounds like it will cost a lot actually
>>
>>41563289
Squat stands are inexpensive. As a beginner, you could literally only do OHP with squat and deadlift and still benefit. I'd rather you do that than just bench and deadlift. Your body likes to be balanced, you will struggle to gain mass and strength all over if you let a body part lag like legs.
>>
File: 1442032551050.jpg (50KB, 520x391px) Image search: [Google]
1442032551050.jpg
50KB, 520x391px
>>41563217
>"I have committed to intensive workout before, I used to do boxing for several months"
>"several months"
>"committed"
>>
>>41563140

>No you're no
Yes, he is. It's still terrible, he's maybe like 1% more likely to stick with it but 4% is still more than 3%

>No you can't
Yes he can. Adapt to your tools, don't try to force follow a program with rigidity if you don't have the equipment. Front Squats, Overhead Squats, Facepulls, Bench Press, Overhead Press, Bent over Rows, Barbell Hip Thrusts. There's a viable program to be made there without buying more weight (and he could always buy more weight, and add in heavy deads and back squats. Plus, fitness isn't solely 1/2/3/4

>No it's not
Fuck man, who knows? It might be. It's probably not though. Almost no one's is.

>No you don't
Yeah, he doesn't.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.