[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did you get results for your lateral delts bros? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1373541272547.jpg (371KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1373541272547.jpg
371KB, 960x720px
How did you get results for your lateral delts bros? I've been doing 3x10 DB side raises on OHP day for more than a year now and I barely see any changes, on top of getting a pinched nerve whenever I do that.
>>
Pic before/after

You can't grow a lot in that area without roid
>>
>>41557658
>3x10
do em after almost ever set. It should hurt to raise your shoulders after you're done. 10 sets min. KILLL IT
>>
>>41557658
>3x10 DB side raises on OHP day
I do this shit exactly OP
>>
Try barbell side raises
>>
>>41557797
You sir are a retard
>>
>>41557658
I don't have giant shoulders but I've had some gains doing 3x15-20 followed by 3x15-20 front raises. I also do 5x15-20 face pulls

I've heard you need higher reps for shoulders
>>
Do OH presses first, exhaust your shoulders, then do side raises and see how much growth you get. Don't use strict form and use heavier dumbells but focus on the eccentric portion of the lift.

Alternatively, you could do OH presses with dumbells and then do cable lateral raises. The medial delt is a really small muscle.. Sometimes even if you do everything right it's not easy to grow to begin with
>>
Aren't face pulls supposed to be good for shoulders?
>>
File: 1443541108367.jpg (375KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1443541108367.jpg
375KB, 960x720px
>>41557796
They're embarrassing by /fit/ standards, I'd rather not. But I don't expect Dwight Howard delts anyway, just enough size to keep up with my bi/tri and forearms.

>>41557825
I can't lift that much

>>41557843
Thanks for the input. Last week I started trying out getting lots of volume with 5 lb plates on my off days. Worked for my bicep so I guess it's worth a shot for delts too.
>>
>>41557658
incline press
ohp
pullups
>>
>>41557934
Squeeze at the top. Do full ROM, go past parallel. Try thumbs up, pinkies down on lateral raises. Figure out what gets you a delt pump.

I started at 10lbs, now up to 27.5. The reps, squeeze, and pump matter a lot more than the weight.
>>
>>41557658
I will do shoulder today, i first do behind head then ohp
>>
>>41557843
I used to do the same (but stopped because my front delts are disproportionately bigger anyways). How are you doing your front raises? I recommend hammer grip if you aren't already.
>>
>>41557658
Knuckle push-ups and knuckle diamnond push-ups were really effective for me.
>>
>>41558028
I do them with hand at about 45 degrees, I go far above parallel. What do you like more about hammer grip? I'll give it a shot.

I just started doing front raises and I've seen pretty good results, starting to get some front delt seperation and striation in the right lighting.
>>
>>41557832
>sir
>>
>>41557658
palms facing up.
>>
>>41557658
Your form is probably shit with too heavy weight. Very few people do lat raises right in the gym. Most people use the lat and ab muscles and momentum to get the weight up.

The lat raise exercise should be done in controlling manner with pause and squeezing at the top. And you should do it up to 20-25 reps per set. For a 200lb fit man, he should only do lat raises with a pair of 20lb dumbbells.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.