[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>decide to get into shape >change diet >person at work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1479651823366.jpg (44KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1479651823366.jpg
44KB, 500x375px
>decide to get into shape
>change diet
>person at work tells me sweeteners in tea will give me cancer
>housemate tells me it isn't worth dropping my calory intake so much and I shouldn't bother changing diet because only calories matter
>housemate tells me running will fuck my joints up
>wont let me use his kitchen scales
>he probably posts here

I'm just trying to do the right thing why is everyone trying to crush me.
>>
Crabs in a motherfucking bucket.

Ignore them. Make your gains, make them hate.
>>
>>41555457
Because they hate seeing niggas EVOLVE!
>>
>>41555457
Are they in good shape? If not, their advice is literally jealous sabotage or just complete ignorance.
>>
>>41555514
They are.
>>
>>41555457
Nobody wants to see you succeed.

Do it anyway.
>>
>>41555457
>>person at work tells me sweeteners in tea will give me cancer
correct
>>housemate tells me it isn't worth dropping my calory intake so much
a sudden large calorie deficit can be harmful
>and I shouldn't bother changing diet because only calories matter
correct, if you want to just lose weight. being/eating healthy and losing weight doesn't necessarily correlate
>>housemate tells me running will fuck my joints up
correct

Maybe you're just being sensitive?
>>
>>41555555
>>
>>41555457
> do stretches
> don't run like a bitch
> pay attention, don't ruin yourself

there, I saved your knees
>>
File: 1322468198160.png (66KB, 175x175px) Image search: [Google]
1322468198160.png
66KB, 175x175px
>>41555457
>>decide to get into shape
good
>>change diet
good
>>person at work tells me sweeteners in tea will give me cancer
well not cancer but they're not _too_ good for you either
>>housemate tells me it isn't worth dropping my calory intake so much and I shouldn't bother changing diet because only calories matter
well IIFYM, still try to eat clean though
>>housemate tells me running will fuck my joints up
only if you heel strike an awful lot and/or are fat. lose weight and lurk YT for technique advice, also wear good shoes
>>wont let me use his kitchen scales
cheapest one off amazon is literally 10bucks
>>he probably posts here
ask him if he's feeling fit

so why did you feel the need to make a thread again? fuck the gains goblins, concentrate on your goals, go hard and heavy but don't hurt yourself. we're all gonna make it
>>
>>41555457
>>41555652
This pretty much, buy your own scales, and just don't even put sweetener in your tea, like wtf why would you sweeten tea.

As for running, it can fuck your joints up if you're dumb about it like anon said, get decent shoes and make sure they're the right type for you support/fit wise. You can get insoles that can help if you need, a lot of sports places that sell running shoes will have a treadmill where they can test you to see if you overpronate and can advise what the best option is for you. Although do a bit of research first to make sure you don't get ripped off.
>>
>>41555457
ignore them and keep going

i had the same problem since im from a fat family, they stopped talking when they started seeing results
>>
>>41555767
this (the running part)

get some brooks, they specialize in running gear (compared to other brands who make a thousand shoes for a thousand sports) and with the help of good sport store staff worth their weight you can find one that will fit you like it was made for you. also read https://www.reddit.com/r/running/comments/26wy77/i_am_new_to_running_how_do_i_change_my_over/chvads3/ (yes I know >reddit, fuck off) and follow it religiously
>>
>>41555899
It's just supposed to be some casual cardio while I drop weight before bulking for the first time. I could do cardio in the gym when I join, or ride my bike rather than spend a bunch on running shoes I'd rarely use.
>>
>>41555457
>housemate tells me running will fuck my joints up
it will if you are obese.
>>
>>41556411
well, you can still hurt yourself with casual cardio lol. but I see. stick to riding the bike then, less impact on knees implying correct form and no oncoming traffic
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.