[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finished second week of SL 5x5 and I'm seriously struggling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

Finished second week of SL 5x5 and I'm seriously struggling with Overhead press.

I keep having to arch my back a lot to push it over my head.

Is there an exercise I can do on days I'm not doing OHP that can help with OHP?
>>
Bumperino
>>
>>41552421
lower the weight?
>>
>>41552421
GOMAD
KETO
Nofap
magneisum/zinc
breathe into your balls
aminoacids
proeateans
>>
>>41552583
Im only on 22.5kg so lower it down to just the bar or go down to dumbells?
>>
>>41552421
Start doing handstands until you can do them without a wall. No shit I was doing handstands for a minute at the end of my workout every day and soon as I could do that no-wall my OHP was flawless.
Are you holding it behind your head? If so stop, that shits horrible for your shoulders and you need to do forward OHP. Give it time dude, I just hit after a year
>>
>>41552601
I take it off the rack, hold it to my chest. push it out very slightly so not to hit my chin then struggle to push it overhead causing me to arch my back to help me push it overhead then the bar slightly wobbles at the top of the lift.

Im progressing on all the other lifts but overhead press
>>
Are you clenching your butt?
>>
>>41552421
OHP intimidates me slightly. I don't find it hard but it is DEFINITELY the exercise on which I find my arms struggling at the end. Its the only exercise i routinely have to wait 3 minutes between sets on for the last couple of sets.

Also 2nd week of SL.
>>
>>41552626
>using the rack for less than a pl8

Just clean it off the floor pussy
>>
>>41552601

Are you retarded bro? The strogest lockout position for OHP is to press above your head, head forward so your ears are in front of your arms and your shoulders locked tight with your arms extended completely.

There is a reason oly lifters finish snatch and clean and jerk in this position. There shouldn't be any impingement or anything.

Bench press is far worse than OHP.
>>
>>41552421
Try the form rippetoe explains in this video
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI
When I first started, OHP was by far my worst lift, I started doing this, focusing hard on form and pushing myself, and now it's one of my best
>well, until I fucked my shoulder benching ;_;
>>
>>41552742
>needlessly tiring yourself out therefore limiting how many reps you can do
Yeah no thanks faggot, ill focus on cleans and legs when it's time to focus on cleans and legs.
>>
>>41552700
This may looks like a joke but this anon is right. You really need a strong core for a good OHP
>>
>>41552775
if you're tiring yourself cleaning 22.5kg, you need to reconsider a few things
>>
>I keep having to arch my back a lot to push it over my head.
Sounds like you're not looking up when pushing. The bar has a more linear path without leaning back when you tilt your head because your chin isn't in the way.
>>
>>41552742
Why do that when there is a power rack?
>>
>>41552601
>I just hit after a year

hit what?
>>
>>41552421
https://stronglifts.com/overhead-press/
If you do SL at least read the fckng program.
squeeze your glutes
>>
>>41552421
>>41553021
also, more OHP on your bench days, even with the bar only
>>
>>41553021
>>41552791

>if your lower back continues to hyper-extend, your abs are weak. Be patient and they’ll get stronger. Or add assistance for your abs.

What can I do to make my core stronger?
>>
>>41552775
>getting fatigued after one light weight rep clean

like the other anon said, PUSSY
>>
>>41553060
sqwatz
>>
>>41552421
I find that after heavy OHP I struggle with weighted dips, i dont however struggle with bench press quite as bad, so yeah full ROM dips will help,
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.