[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /fit/izens. I'll start going to gym on friday, and I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: lee-labrada-lean-body-logo.png (16KB, 583x208px) Image search: [Google]
lee-labrada-lean-body-logo.png
16KB, 583x208px
Hi /fit/izens. I'll start going to gym on friday, and I decided on this plan https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lee-labrada-12-week-lean-body-trainer.html
Now, there's a problem. It has a lot of cardio, but I walk tons at work with a strimmer on my back all the time or pushing a mower, and even by eating tons I still struggle to put on weight, since I'm 185cm and skinny.
So, do you think I should ditch the cardio, or just go with it?
>>
File: SKruJBF_d.jpg (86KB, 481x584px) Image search: [Google]
SKruJBF_d.jpg
86KB, 481x584px
I think you should do pic related instead of a meme routine
>>
>>41544567
Ditch the cardio

Eat good (mid-high carb & clean)

Do high weight - low reps

Stick to it
>>
>>41544567
>>41544588
True, do what's in pic
>>
>>41544588
Only 3 days? I was prepared to do 6... I need to get stronger fast so I can get a job where I get paid more.
>>
>>41544665
You obviously didn't read the sticky. The single best way to get stronger as a beginner is a full body program 3x a week. Not even debatable. If you really need to get stronger, at least read. the. damn. sticky.

Also constant caloric surplus.
>>
>>41544776
I did, except it was one year ago, and as far as I can remember, it didn't have specifics nor plans+meal plans like bodybuilding.com, so it was good for basics, but it didn't explain some begginer stuff.
>>
>>41544818
Okay so I'm assuming you are new to weightlifting. Choose one:

Starting Strength
StrongLifts 5x5
Lvysaur's 4-4-8

Doesn't matter which, just choose one and actually stick to it.

Increase the weight a bit every workout.

Eat a lot.
>>
>>41544567
1) you should do a real beginner routine not a bb.com meme routine. somethiing like >>41544588 posted, or something outlined in the sticky (SS). more days =/= better results. this is a common beginner mistake

2) walking with a strimmer on your back isnt burning nearly as many calories as you think it is. labours always overestimate how hard their jobs are. its were the myth of "brick layers strength" comes from. what youre actually doing is underestimating the amount of food you eat. we get it here all the time. skellies complaining about how they eat 4000 calories and cant gain weight, when in reality theyre eating 1500/ day
>>
>>41544852
>you are new to weightlifting
Never lifted and never went to a gym. I don't even know how to change weights nor adjust the bench.
>a bit
It's this kind of advice that I don't get. Is a bit 1Kg? 2Kg? I'm read that you should follow the 3 rep rule instead.
>Eat a lot.
This is another one. Apparently eating the right proportions of carbs, veggies and protein is much better than just eating like a savage.
>>41544885
>meme routine
Why meme? Because it seems pretty solid to me, and the other posted doesn't even train some muscles, like calves.
>more days =/= better results
So do you mean I can do a full body train once a weeks instead of training 3 different groups 3 days per week? Because that would be perfect, since I save a lot of time.
>walking with a strimmer on your back isnt burning nearly as many calories as you think it is
Maybe not. It's just that some days I walk around 16000 steps carrying that heavy shit, and since I get tired and can't put on weight, I assumed I was burning lots.
>underestimating the amount of food you eat
I do between 2600 and 3800. My stomach isn't used to getting so much food in one day, so that's why I varie so much.
>>
>>41544588
for this program, does the set count include warmup sets, or are you meant to do 4-5x8/4-5x4 working sets?
>>
>>41544985
The program in >>41544588 tells you how much to increase.

Don't fret about the ratios of carbs/fats/protein, just make sure you get enough protein (1g/lbs of bodyweight) and a caloric surplus, use the formula in the sticky.

The best way to acquire strength is full body 3x/week. Nothing more, nothing less. Just pick one of the 3 programs I mentioned.

Also the program I posted does not include warmups. Do one set of 50% weight and one of 75% (so if you plan to bench 80lbs, do 40lbs then 60lbs then 4-5 sets at 80lbs)
>>
>>41545157
Got it, thanks.
>>
>>41544985
increase weight by however much you can. this will probably be 2-5kg on lifts like squat and deadlift and 1~2kg on bench and ohp

for a beginner the most important thing to track is calories. do this religiously, from the numbers your putting out youre probably guessing/overestimating. second most important is protein. get around 2g/kg bodyweight

its a meme routine because all bb.com routines are. theyre one level above the routines you get in bs fitness magazines or ones pts in commercial gyms try to get you to do. routines in the sticky are time tested and have worked for thousands

3 days /week full body is the "sweet spot" for most beginners. there are 2/4 beginner routines out there that might work, but 3/week is time tested as I said

16000 steps with (relatively) light equipment isnt burning calories. I dont have the image, but what youre doing reminds me of an image of a fat woman who walked all day and her fitbit told her she burnt 100 calories or something, you she said it must be broken and she must have burnt close to 3000

the fact it varies then over a week it probably averages very little. alot of skellies do this. they "eat big" all week, but dont eat on the weekend and fuck themselves over. also, youre probably overestimating. I was a skelly too. told people I was eating 4000 calories but not gaining weight. when I actually started writing down exact numbers on labels and weighing my food I realised it was actually sub 2000
>>
>>41545172
If you are serious about getting quick progress, I'd spend a little cash for a PT to show you correct form on the exercises in the program. Just don't let them sell you on anything else than that. Alternatively, ask a friend who lifts to help you get started.
>>
>>41544567
Meme routine aside, all I'm hearing from you are excuses. You'll never make it with that attitude. Do the cardio you pussy. Eat more.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.