[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypothetically, could you live on nothing but shakes? Only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Hypothetically, could you live on nothing but shakes?

Only consuming whey, oats, banana/other fruits, PB and milk/water, only in blended/liquid form. Let's say you could include whatever veggies too, but always in smoothie or soup form; other shake-ish foods like Greek yogurt, raw eggs if you're willing to risk salmonella, replacing whey with other sources of protein powders like meat protein for variety's sake, almond instead of PB etc. With some multivits and whatever supps you'd find necessary on the side.

I ask this because you can easily consume 1000cals in a shake while barely feeling it and in less than one minute, whereas eating 1000cals in a single sitting leaves you bloated and takes time. But you obviously don't feel as filled up after drinking 100g oats instead of eating them, it still leaves the feeling of hunger and less satisfying. I'd like to know more about the real differences, on health especially.

What would be the consequences of such a diet, besides awful shits and potential digestive issues, if any? What else would you add and how would you make the best of it to make up for lack of chewed up meat? Does the body digest nutrients differently (absorption speed, etc) wether the food is solid or liquid?
>>
Also thoughts on Soylent?
>>
>>41532074
processed food is bad mkay, its like hay fire eat solid food you baby
>>
File: 1262366727113.gif (2MB, 274x183px) Image search: [Google]
1262366727113.gif
2MB, 274x183px
>>41532074
probably explosive shits
>>
There's a documentary about this called "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead"
>>
It can cause issues in blood sugar and potentially diabetes. Recent research has shown a link between masseter activation when chewing and signals being sent to the pancreas to release insulin in the blood. Without those signals the pancreas gets shocked with a sudden increase in blood sugar and works harder to release insulin. Doctors have observed that patients on IV nutrition have blood level spikes and drops constantly.
>>
>>41532539
Not op but would i be at risk if i was having a 1000 calorie shake every morning? I struggle to eat in the mornings
>>
>>41532074
>Eating 1k makes you feel bloated

It's like you're not even trying baka
>>
>>41532074
Your teeth are blenders. They make shakes out of food and saliva.
>>
>>41532074

Your body's satiety sensor does not recognize liquid calories. That's how people drink 2000 calories worth of pop and then eat food. Your body only recognizes its full when it eats solid calories. If you drink your food you will be hungry and probably over eat.
>>
>>41532834

Yes it fucking does you uninformed retard.
>>
>>41532834
Was gonna post this.
I researched this a Long Time ago. Your brain doesn't recognize drinking the same as eating, what I read was that if you want to do a shake diet you'd have to drink the shake, then eat one or two of the components that you were going to put in it afterwards. For example, put half a banana in the shake and eat the rest after, or don't out in the banana and just eat the whole thing afterwards. chewing the food is what lets your brain know you're eating or something like that.

You can also try lots of fiber to curve the hunger.
>>
>>41532074
Is good to mix oats with protein powder?

I only add water or milk
>>
>>41532834
nice broscience
>>
>>41532881

No it doesn't you meme educated nigger.
>>
>>41532834
>>41532930

It's a huge simplification to say the there's no satiety caused at all by liquid food. Sure, there's a difference but the satiety sensor looks at a whole lot of things. Like the taste (of course), how you chew, how much saliva gets secreted, how filled your stomach gets, initial gauges of the macros once it reaches the stomach, the water content of the food, etc. Cutting out the chewing is certainly going to have an effect but you're definitely going to have different satiety levels from different kinds of food blended into mush. And if you're adding water to it to make it easier to chug, that's going to change the amount of satiety achieved too. I'd imagine food being less satiating on average when its' blended into liquid versus being chewed as a solid but definitely not zero satiety.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.