[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay /fit/ I have a question that deserves its own thread. There

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_20170516-145650_1.jpg (8KB, 348x216px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170516-145650_1.jpg
8KB, 348x216px
Okay /fit/ I have a question that deserves its own thread.

There are a couple of things I'm basing this on:
>natural lifters have a limited capacity for recovery within a specific time period
>higher frequency training can benefit muscle growth more than low frequency training as long as you have enough recovery time.

If this is true, could you periodize specific exercise frequency in a program to train one muscle more frequently and then increase frequency after about a month of that and increase frequency on something else
>>
>>41520105
Maybe an example could help. Given a simple program that just uses the big 6 compound movements.
X
Squat, Ohp, Pullup
X
Deadlift, Bench, Row
X
Squat, Ohp, Pullup
X
And say you want to increase frequency for chest growth.
X
Bench, Squat, Ohp, Pullup
X
Deadlift, Bench, Row, Bench accessory
X
Bench, Squat, Ohp, Pullup
X
And after three or four weeks of that you could switch to another focus
X
Row, Squat, Ohp, Pullup
X
Deadlift, Row, Bench, Row accessory
X
Row, Squat, Ohp, Pullup
X
>>
>>41520105
I have no idea wtf you're talking about. You sound like someone who overthinks and underlifts.
Pick a decent routine and go get strong/swole
>>
>>41520105
ofcourse you can shift the focus to specifically improve in one exercise, powerlifters do it all the time. at a certain level it is rare to improve all 3 of the big lifts at once. usually only 1-2 of them go up and the 3rd will stall on any given program.

that being said as a novice lifter there is no point in doing this because this is a time in your lifting career where you can constantly improve all your lifts and dont need special focus or an increase in volume to do so.

So in essence lift heavy, put in the work and once you can rep 1/2/3/4 pl8 for 5 reps or so you can think about more complex programming.
>>
>>41520105
Yes.
Look up dr. Mike israetels interview on iraki nutrition about training frequency.

This should answer your query fully

Tl;dw: smaller muscles like delts and forearms 4x a week. Big muscles like quads and glutes 2x. You can do more but not above a given intensity threshhold
Grills and novices can train more than advanced lifters because they are putting less of a stress on their body lifting babyweight, so leas recovery is needed.
>>
>>41521106
This guy here.
If you are novice listen to
>>41521103
And do your 6-8 months of 3x5's and get to intermediate before fucking with this.
>>
Can someone post the webm of some kid in a college gym deadlifting with awful form?
>>
>>41520105
as other anons have said. this is literally what powerlifters/actual athletes do all the time. Mike israetels and JTS have loads of info on this

>>41520963
>this is how ignorant regular /fit/ users are to training methodology

theres no point browsing this board outside /plg/ or /owg/. theyre all idiots
>>
>>41521171
That is because 90% of the posters are summerfags (regardless of season) who have only given a fuck about fitness for a couple months
>>
File: good deadlift form.webm (736KB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
good deadlift form.webm
736KB, 202x360px
>>41521157
>>
>>41521341
even the ones whove been lifting for years still dont know what theyre talking about. look on /routine general/. none of them have a clue about periodisation/training cycles, exercise selection, fatigue management etc. most of them dont even seem to understand progressive overload
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.