[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have an inspirational story of turning their life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 271
Thread images: 35

Does anyone have an inspirational story of turning their life around they can share?
>>
>Used to be very social and outgoing before highschool
>Tons of friends, did competitive dancing, swimming and sports
>Get hooked on WoW and turn into a complete shut-in loser during high school. Haven't recovered since.

How's that for turning my around?
>>
>>41506414
>tired of my life because it's shit
>change it
>still shit but slightly less so
>>
>be loser neet with long term girlfriend in a pretty bad relationship
>she leaves me
>have nothing, no friends or social life, skinny fat and cant lift a pineapple, no self confidence, rampant OCD, unemployed and live with parents
>start going to the gym, dont really care about doing it all right just like doing any lifts and cardio
>throw myself into social events i found online, dont know anybody
>initially view every single person no matter how much of a loser as socially higher and better than me
>start to make friends, i actually make them easily and people seem to really like me
>start becoming quite fit, get more serious about it and start lifting and eating properly
>meet cute girl 8 months after break up, fuck it im going for that, end up making her my girlfriend
>shes a million times better than my ex, more mature, intelligent, reasonable, notagiantfuckingpassiveaggressivebitch
>get back into education, now im on my way to a degree after years of dead end jobs and unemployment
>have a large social group of friends which sometimes gets to the point of being annoying but is generally good
>just hit 2pl8, moving out next month
Just a year on, Life's good now, and I did it all myself, it's given me a new outlook on life and really made me loath weak people who refuse to help themselves and wallow in their own mental and physical filth, i used to be that guy but not any more. Not really inspirational i guess but just one mans experience.
>>
Is it too late to get a degree in law or something well paying in your thirties?
>>
>>41506530
not too late if you work twice as hard as the younglings
>>
>>41506530
shit plan friend, find something you are excited about and make money there.
earning money while cursing your life is shit
but it's never too late to start something new
>>
>>41506530
Law is oversaturated, find some nieche you could become the best around in
>>
>>41506414
top grades, successful, rise through the ranks, quit because IT is boring and NEET is more fun.
>>
the one thing that turned me around was realizing i don't have to satisfy anyone except myself

got some of the girls i wanted because i tried
applied for jobs i wasn't 'qualified' for, made a good impression, made it work
asked for more money, got more money
reflect on my behaviour even when it hurts
show new behaviours instead, be happier
adjusted my point of view, everyone struggles
adjusted my attitude, shit's not stressing me out as much as it did

you cannot control cicumstances, but you control your own reaction
>>
i started hanging upside down
>>
>>41506519
how old are you now
>>
>>41506654
>>
File: Snapshot_20131202_26.jpg (117KB, 454x480px) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot_20131202_26.jpg
117KB, 454x480px
>pretty normal growing up, kind of chubby, poor, smarter than most the kids at school but no discipline with work
>got fatter and fatter around when girls became a thing, got even fatter and more socially retarded while parents got even poorer.
>scraped through highschool and went to uni with friends, still virgin.
>never had computer growing up cause poor, got one at uni and started gaming, got into MMOs and became addicted
>Dropped out of uni because failed everything gaming, cut off contact with friends, stopped paying rent and ruined my credit, got fatter
>@ 21 moved back with parent's in poor shithole and peaked at around 150kg @ 5'10'' still virgin, gaming every day and not leaving house for around 2 years.
>until around age 23 nothing major happened in my life other than maybe that I got like a yeast infection on my dick and couldn't masturbate for like 2 months while it went away, got catfished a few times by guys pretending to be girls on mmos and shit like that
>@ 23 got sick of all games so saved up my unemployment $ till I could buy a 50kg freeweight set and a second hand exercycle
>Lifted and rode bike in room with curtains closed every day while watching an ep of DBZ, started at one episode a day worked my way up till around 4, while learning different lifts and routines.
>Still fat but muscle underneath, started learning keto, moved out of home across the country to live in weird apartment filled with asians in a small windowless room with communal toilets/ kitchen while working at Mcdonalds, still virgin.
>Had lost a bunch of weight, on 24th birthday pay for hooker to lose virginity, . have first girlfriend within 3 months of losing v card.
>get comfortable and happy with her and stop losing weight, she cheats on me.
>start lifting seriously and dieting hard to get back at her or some shit, also re enrol at uni (architecture)
>go from like 3/10 to 8/10 cuz good genetics and face under fat.

face @ 22
>>
File: Snapshot_20161215_3.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot_20161215_3.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
>>41506714

>Currently 27 and acing uni while working part time at an architectural designer firm
>have a couple hundred tinder matches I could probably fuck etc and I kill count for last year was 32
>still largely unhappy but it's slightly better, parents are still poor degenerate fucks though, and most my highschool chums never really wanted to be friends again.

hers current pic
>>
>>41506414
> go into medicine like both parents
> feel uncomfortable from day 1
> earn good money now that I'm 30
> feel like I never knew myself, have no identity, know nothing that brings joy

except lifting which is really nice
>>
>>41506445
Hey, are you me?
>>
>>41506714
>>41506735
good post. you seem pretty awesome and have done well
>>
>>41506445
Hopefully you recovered after that shitty Legion expansion, brah
>>
>>41506735
You should have also changed that facial expression tbqh
>>
>>41506783
can relate, seems like too late to switch careers, ever thought about exercise and sports medicine?
>>
>>41506714
>Paid for hooker
Confirmed for not making it
>>
>>41506735
mirin
>>
>Be me 17
>Parents are drug addicts who've fucked mine and my siblings lives up for years
>Felt a lot of embarrassment because drug addicts
> 4 months without electricity during the winter/ no washer/dryer so no clean clothes
>Reek of cigarette smoke because parents
>One night I woke up and overhead my parents having threesome with some trashy pillhead from my neighborhood
>Next day I pack up and walk to my grandmother's
>Eventually started back in school, joined the Army Reserve and finished Highschool

Ended up working at a grocery store for a while, then a tire warehouse. A stupid useless cunt I worked with lied to HR about me not doing work which got me fired. (Funny, because she had diabetes and couldn't even put the right fucking stickers on the right tires)

Worked at Amazon for a bit, place fucking sucked and I left Started back in school where I went for a semester, then during the summer picked up a job being a literal tard wrangler at a group home. (Tons of stories about that too.) Been here for almost three years, but I started a welding course mid February and plan on applying to a few unions in my area for apprenticeship.

Life is nice.
>>
>>41507046
Not really. Sounds like a meme specialty to me. Have considered switching to radiology or pathology but feel like it wouldn't be worth it.
>>
File: CxwV8XuWEAEdooq.jpg (143KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CxwV8XuWEAEdooq.jpg
143KB, 900x1200px
>life is shit
>feel empty and dead inside
>make changes for the better
>still feel empty and dead
>>
>>41506414
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDGjBb4H2kU&vl=en
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
>30 years old
>No hope, no income, no friends, no social life, no job
>Sit at home and jerk off and play video games all day

>32 years old
>Self employed, successful, most money I've ever had
>1/2/3/4 within a year and a half, strongest I've ever been, best I've ever felt, girls talk to me, more social engagement
>Goals and targets for future, making progress towards several things and enjoying the ride and life

Still got problems and I still suck at some things but I know where I'm headed and why and any obstacles and failures that get in my way are just part of the process

Rock on.
>>
>>41506414
> be me in year 10/11 (about 14)
> all is good, lots of friends, enjoying the teenage years
> stepdad is a wierdo, becomes alcoholic, attempts suicide then becomes tranny
> have to look after him alone because mum cant handle it
> start smoking weed daily
> he eventually fucks off
> feelsgoodman.jpg
> start lifting
> mum gets diagnosed with multiple tumors
> feelsbadman.gif
> start failing at school
> mum wants to move in to her own place without me (i was 16 at the time) and put my dog down
> bitch you arent putting my dog down
> make friends with other guy who lifts and whose mum also has cancer
> help him through it
> turns out his mum was pretending to have cancer to fuck another guy
> move in with him and bring my doggo because he also has doggos
> help the family through it
> become trusted and valued member of the family
> am told I can stay as long as I like
> start working for mates stepdad who is a wealthy dude
> likes me because Im loyal and work hard
> start doing well in exams, get into uni on a good Finance & Econ course
> Smash my first year, smash some sloots, feelsgreatman.bat
> get in good shape cardio wise, join really good Army Reserve unit (am about 20)
> get accepted, fuck yeah
> make great mates
> mates stepdad offers me a good job working for him when I leave uni
> reserve unit offers me a shot at officer selection

Did I make it bros? Am 21 now and the future is looking good
>>
>>41507498
What reserve unit did you join ?
>>
>>41507011
haha just noticed that they're identical

>>41507056
not even made desu, fucking a girl was such a big deal, I paid some blue haired chubby hooker to fuck and realized how uneventful sex really is, probably wouldn't have gotten a girlfriend if I didnt do what I did.
>>
>>41507496
how did he do this?
>>
>>41507541
Sorry friendo, PERSEC. But am R Sigs
>>
>>41507592
Nice mate hope it goes well for you
>>
>>41507611
Cheers man, you in the green machine too?
>>
>>41506414
I'll do my best, friend:

>25 years old
>on second marriage (don't really count the first one since we were young and stupid)
>have two vehicles, both of which are constantly breaking down
>I'm a mid-level NCO in the Air Force
>Working 60+ hours a week
>Wife doesn't really do much
>Money problems because wife can't find good work + trucks breaking down + 600/month in child support for one kid
>Realizing wife#2 was a mistake
>Feeling suicidal, hating life

Now comes the part where some of you will call me a faggot of some sort:

>Discover "The Secret" on Netflix
>Fuck it, I'll see what it's about
>Learn about the Law of Attraction, generating your own vibrations, etc
>Really excited to try it and turn my life around
>Get rid of one of my trucks for a good car
>Over time, wife#2 does plenty of shit for me to divorce her
>Separate from military and start going to school
>Meeting new people, making new friends, visiting my mother regularly
>Loving school, making good grades, very excited to get where I'm going
>Meet the woman of my dreams
>She's kind, caring, treats me like a king, and incredibly beautiful
>We fall madly in love
>Life is amazing

So I should say that before I heard about the Law of Attraction, I was constantly depressed and it just seemed like I was always being shit on regardless of what I did. I abandoned religion because I felt it did nothing for me (still feel that way). However, once I started practicing and meditating and feeling thankful for everything I have and everything I'll eventually have, my life got better exponentially. I recommend trying to out.
>>
>>41507649
I reckon I should mention I'm 30.
>>
went from no girlfriend depressed and started using steroids and was cheating before i knew it.

best thing i ever did steroids.
>>
File: 1100-boobs.png (6KB, 492x328px) Image search: [Google]
1100-boobs.png
6KB, 492x328px
>>41506414
>>
>>41507674
cheating on girls i mean lmao
>tfw can not be single anymore
>tfw have relationships coz im afraid to be single
but atleast im not depressed
>>
>>41506519
>did all by myself
God favored you. God gave you
>>
File: IMG_-6474bi.jpg (19KB, 438x438px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_-6474bi.jpg
19KB, 438x438px
>>41506414
>be me
>make shitty choices through 3 years of college and all of high school
>weigh in at 289.7 this past December
>oh fuck.jpeg

Got my ass into the gym and cut all the bullshit. Yesterday, weighed in at 238.5. Shooting for 190 by the end of the year.

We're all gonna make it, brehs.
>>
> Start drinking and partying way too young around 11 or 12
> Smoke and drink and sleep my way through highschool
> Doing any drugs I can get my hands on by 15 or 16
> Barely graduate high school
> Go to community college, drop out 3 weeks in after best friend passes away
> Lose job, get car repossessed within a week of each other at 19
> Depression sets in, drinking and partying continues
> Work shitty jobs, get drunk, repeat
> No future no hope
> Turn 25 and decide it's time to change
> 27 now, paid off all old debt, phenomenal credit score, in the best shape of my life, and am back in school while starting my career
I'm on my way to making it.
>>
File: maturity_climb1goats.jpg (559KB, 1324x1101px) Image search: [Google]
maturity_climb1goats.jpg
559KB, 1324x1101px
>>41507728
God did nothing, it's within everyones power to turn their lives around.

I missed out the most important part really, which is to stop having self pity and stop believing you're incapable, and to stop blaming other people and accept your own responsibility on life. Also learn that while you can't exactly control your emotions, you can control how you act in response to them.

This image was also quite helpful in this. Saldy some people will never stop being red goats.
>>
File: goat fit.jpg (952KB, 1763x2034px) Image search: [Google]
goat fit.jpg
952KB, 1763x2034px
>>41507801
and then you can ascend to the next level
>>
File: 1493250694868.png (34KB, 700x471px) Image search: [Google]
1493250694868.png
34KB, 700x471px
Used to be a basement dwelling stoner that weighed 360lbs. Now I'm 200lbs and a UAS operator for the military. The only thing that's changed is the location of my basement.
>>
>>41507801
>being this ungrateful
I don't understand how God would you give you so much and yet you don't have the decency to thank Him. I don't understand why an edgy atheist would be bestowed so much over someone who has prayed for as long. One of the many reasons I'm stuck in the abyss of depression
>>
File: IMG_2564.jpg (33KB, 358x401px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2564.jpg
33KB, 358x401px
>>41506414
>Be 23
>Raging alcoholic
>Fucking up university
>Single after breaking up with whore fiancé
>smoke pack a day
>60-65 kilo (skinny Jew.pdf)

Fast forward seven years (now)
>30
>Lieutenant riot squad
>Married for two years
>75 kilo at 12% BF
>Moderate drinker
>Stopped smoking

And the most beautiful ever: first kid was born a month ago!

How I turned my life around? Stopped wallowing in self pity, started working out daily and just got my shit together. Finish your education, get a job, and fucking workout as much as you can (not only lifting, go running, cycling, swimming, whatever floats your boat).

The sooner you realize that you are the only one holding yourself back, the faster you get your life on track.

The quote that has become my mantra over the years: "if you're going through hell, keep going" (Churchill said that)

Keep it together anon and move forward, you'll get there!
>>
>>41507649
Law of attraction works wonders mate
>>
File: 1488415696239.png (216KB, 436x376px) Image search: [Google]
1488415696239.png
216KB, 436x376px
Your life can never turn around from shit to good.
If you ever drop out you're fucked forever.
Nobody can recover from being a 25+ yo virgin for example. Nobody
>>
>>41508131
F a l s e
>>
>>41507844
Oh yea sure, someone turns their life around through their own hard work and then theyre meant to thank some jewish desert God

I'm not even atheist im a deist but piss off
>>
>>41508141
Post anything to prove me wrong, post sometimes someone that wasnt a failed chad ( i.e. exceptional facial aesthetics hidden behind fat) turned their life around.
>>
>>41508161
I mean I'm >>41507796 and sure you'll call it anecdotal or something, but I'm doing alright. Wasn't a 25 yo virgin though, but besides that was a pretty big fuck up. 3 years ago I had a 480 credit score, no desire or drive, skinny fat, pack a day smoker, shit job, shit car, etc. Now I have a career, in school, don't smoke, and am slowly leaving dyel mode after 5 months of lifting, not to mention back in school. It's rare, but sometimes you turn it around.
>>
>>41506714
>>41506735
def mirin man, great job
>>
File: IMG_20170520_095428367.jpg (650KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170520_095428367.jpg
650KB, 1440x810px
>tired of being a 110 loser
>workout for months just seeing progress
>bulge disc in 3 places getting hit by a car.
> now I'm a 128 loser about to commit suicide.
>>
File: makeuthnk.png (181KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
makeuthnk.png
181KB, 1000x600px
>>41508191
>not a virgin
>>
Don't have time to greentext the whole thing because I'm engaging in ny prelifting poop but I grew up extremely poor. Basically destined to be a Meth dealer like both of my parents. Decided that I didn't want to live in Methtown, MS. Got 3 jobs in highschool and moved out when I was 16 as well as making myself emancipated. Adopted my little brother (only a year younger). Joined the Marine Corps as soon as I graduated high school and now I'm a Sergeant about to go to Quantico to commission. My little brother is going to LSU to major in Petroleum Engineering on a full academic scholarship. He's still living in my house probably banging random hos. If we can break out of that life anybody can desu.
>>
>>41508220
kek
>>
>>41508274
Nope, even just ended things with my ex gf/"fwb" because it was a toxic relationship.
>>
>>41507649
>Mid level NCO
How did you stick with it this long? I've been in for a year at a great base and I still know I want out of this shit after 4
>>
>>41507892
It truly does. I had always thought of metaphysical new age shit like that as complete BS but once I gave it a try, my life got so much better.
>>41508420
I was the NCOIC of my flight for a little bit as a SSgt. I joined in '07 so things weren't so bad back then. The only reason I reenlisted was for a 42K dollar bonus.
>>
>>41506519
>social events i found online
elaborate?
>>
>>41506714
>>41506735
I just want to add to the congratulations. You did well anon
Your an inspiration for /r9k/
>>
>>41506414
> join Marines
> leave Marines to please skank
> end up homeless
> gains gone
> manage to get my shit together
> dump psychotic bitch
> get small job
> gains coming back
> end up a firefighter

Complacency brah. It's a gains killer. That and letting other people change your plan or who you are.

We are all going to make it.
>>
>>41506414

>Be WoW nerd basement shut in until 23
>Get tired of it. No friends. No job. Only a QT wow grill
>Notice there's a war going on, enlist in the USMC. Pick infantry
>Deploy 3 times. It sucks but at least i'm doing something with my life other than trying to get the gladiator title in the WoW arena.
>Get out after 5 years and become a civilian. Go to community college.
>Hate community college and talk to AF recruiter.
>Sign a CCT contract. Going back in.

And here I am. Wouldn't call it a success but at least my visits to the friday night feel threads are infrequent.
>>
>>41506735

Mirin bruh
>>
>>41508904
meetup.com and also night classes and stuff
>>
>>41507166
Are you fucking me?

Going on a year in a violent group home with a bunch of nonverbals, going to go for my CNA this June and try to get in at a hospital
t. fellow tard wrangler
>>
>>41509049
i went to a few meetup events and it was an utter disaster. all the other people were just as socially incompetent and autistic as me. left after 30mins
>>
I need to make a change, a big change.

>Be married to what was once the love of my life.
>Slowly started rejecting my advances.
>Didn't phase me at first, but it slowly starts wearing in you.
>Take a sudden look at myself a few weeks ago and realise it's quashed my self esteem, realise that I automatically view everyone I meet as being higher in the social hierarchy.
>Sex becomes more and more infrequent.
>Every rejection I physically feel pain in my gut.
>Try to talk to wife about it, she gives a half hearted response.
>Today I spent the entire day with her, doing a big project with her, I'm passionately kissing her regularly, I took her out for a long walk and treated her at a cafe.
>In bed I try to seduce her, and her exact words are as follows:
"You had some on Monday, isn't that enough?"
>She's either completely oblivious or apathetic to how I'm feeling.
>I'm going to try talking to her once more before I suggest separation.
>It's going to kill me, I'm still head over heels in love with this woman, 9 years on, but it's just damaging my psyche trying to stay.
>We have a mortgage and everything, shit is going to be nasty.
>>
>>41509350
First things first, are you in somewhat decent shape? Has your bodyshape changed since the start of your marriage?

Ignoring that, this is why you shouldn't get married. Women get bored sexually. If she hasn't started cheating on you yet, she's almost definitely started fantasizing about other guys. If you can get a painless divorce, I'd look into that like now
(sell the house to pay off your mortgage)

I don't say this to be mean, but a lot of guys have been through the exact same situation and it pretty much always goes the same way
>>
>>41509433
I'm in way better shape than when we met.

It's gonna hurt, but I need to do it.
>>
File: 1494552057175.jpg (298KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1494552057175.jpg
298KB, 960x960px
>>41506414
>be autist in middle school
>turn it around in highschool
>have friends, girls all i can hope for
>settle down with the qt blonde everyone wanted during college
>get fat
>friends stop talking to me because im fat
>qt blonde cucks me for some dude at a concert cause im fat
>mental breakdown ensues
>start lifting
>lose 75 pounds in 7 months
>life slowly turning around
>girls have started coming back
>people talk to me like im human again
>going to a different college where i'm going to start my own business straight after
All you have to do, is learn how to do it once anon, after that it's hard coded in your brain to be on top and no matter how hard you fall, you'll be able to get back there again if you put the effort.
Just hang in there
>>
File: Eleni11.jpg (253KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Eleni11.jpg
253KB, 960x960px
>>41509502
>see eleni post
>(You)
>>
>>41509518
>>41509502
she's so hot it makes me want to kill myself
>mfw just ended things with a girl who has the same body :(
>>
>>41509350

Huge probability she is cheating on you. Consider that and attempt to find proof before you proceed with any legal action.
>>
>be 16 years old
>be pretty ugly, fat, antisocial, and extremely dirty too (there was time where I wore same socks and underwear for a month I think
>have fat landwhale friend
>fat landwhale friend has paki friend 5-6/10 at most like I could see a mustache on her lmao
>talk to paki for a while
>realize I'm finally catching feels for her
>get courage to ask for her Skype (tfw no cellphone)
>decide to improve self a little, shower daily, actually clean clothes, try harder in school
>talk to her on skype, mentions she has bf
>reeeeeee internally
>school year passes, summer starts and decide to lose weight
>fall arrives, lost some weight
>i ask one of her friends where she is tells me that she moved
>too shocked, only really hits me when I was running that day, get extremely sad
>Decide, fuck it I've progressed too far I'm going to keep going at it, maybe our paths will cross again one day
>fast forward almost 3 years to now
>actually in good shape now, I can actually look at myself in mirror and feel proud
>in an ok college, great grades and graduating early
>gotten a few jobs and internships, bosses and coworkers love me
>had gf for a while and even went out with people more attractive for me
>tfw I still can't stop thinking about her despite all that
>I still hope one day we'll meet again and I doubt it'll ever happen
Tfw I used my obsession for a girl to turn myself from a borderline neckbeard to a normie. We're all going to make it
>>
>>41509605
I already looked, tracked her using GPS and RATed her phone.
She's not cheating.
>>
It's not particularly amazing but 4chan helped me go back to college.

I dropped out when I was 19 and turned into a shut-in workaholic for five years, thinking I just wouldn't be able to afford to go to school. An anon on /biz/ convinced me to apply for financial aid and now I get enough every semester to pay for my classes and books, plus the school has a gym students can use. So I've been learning and working out for free since last fall. It's definitely helped me think more about what I'm going to do for myself instead of living for a job I didn't care about.
>>
File: Ome_lAyv.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Ome_lAyv.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>be poorfag
>trouble maker, go to juve twice as a teen
>HS dropout
>pothead and druggie
>21yo 159lb skellyboi working at a call center
>get dumped by gf
>join army
>promoted to E4 at 18mo, become team leader
>OIF/OEF combat veteran
>medically retired at 90% disabled
>can still do all the main lifts
>get $1,800/mo for the rest of my life
>use GI bill to get into shitty community college
>do really well for 2 years and get accepted into private Catholic uni
>4.0 as a philosophy major
>on my way to law school
>no drugs legal or illegal
>no alcohol
>193lbs with 300+ Wilks
>practicing Catholic
>have gf
>>
>>41509350
feels
>>
>>41509650
Dude, that sucks. Have you put on a lot of weight, or is that age when a woman's sex drive supposedly crashes?
>>
>>41509760
Funny thing is I put on a lot of weight years ago and it's only since I lost the weight that this is happening.

I don't have excess skin or anything, so I don't think that's it.
>>
>>41509350
Is she on antidepressants or any other prescription medication? They can affect women's hormonal balance and sex drive.
>>
>>41509797
She used to be, years ago.
>>
>>41507496
What is it that you do?
>>
File: Punished Chris Chan.jpg (10KB, 200x251px) Image search: [Google]
Punished Chris Chan.jpg
10KB, 200x251px
I'll give it a try

>Very active in sports through teens
>Autismo destroyed every bit of social value I attained through that
>Broken arm and concussion in a drunken accident in late teens
>2 fucking years recovering
>Now 3 years on
>The few friends I had are gone
>No gf
>Talk to average girls online sometimes
>Have done a single social activity since the new year
>No education
>Lifts are better than ever

>Punished Anon
>>
>>41509773

Anything else going in your lives? Change jobs, get promoted, anything like that? Possibly she may just be 'bored' with you, as horrible as that sounds but women are very fickle creatures.
>>
>>41510050
Nothing.

Man, I'm still crazy about her, which is why I haven't left her.
The added pressure of the mortgage just kills me.

And getting rejected just kills any motivation to go to the gym.
>>
>>41509350
Do it. Pull the plug. Reinvent yourself
>>
>>41509084
unlucky, where i live its 50% freaks 50% norms who want a new social circle
>>
>>41510087

I mean I know it's leddit, but check out /r/deadbedrooms

People have been through it before, and they will probably be able to help more than I can.

If you're 100% she isn't cheating then you may be able to salvage it. Maybe.
>>
>>41509049

What night classes did you take?
>>
>>41507684
Pick one nigga. Trust me, its not worth the drama.
>>
>>41509350
This is why you don't get married kids.

(Hire a Detective to catch her cheating so you don't get totally fucked on the divorce)
>>
>>41509350

bad feels my man. this happened to me but she was addicted to amphetamines, that is ultimately what broke us up.

on another note:

>was addicted to meth
>overdosed
>4 day bender, did an extra line and it threw me over the edge
>couldn't walk, heart was stopping, making deals with god
>had a bunch of xanax, before i took it to maybe not wake up, tell myself that im going to do something about this
>wake up, start almost immediately at the gym
>pre-workout was awesome, great substitute for meth,was taking 3x the dose, but whatever
>end up making nasty gains, get fit, start competing
>fall in love, lose it all, and by all i mean everything. i had quit my job, changed careers, totally broke, she moved out, rock bottom
>end up branching out. contacted all my old friends, lifting harder than ever, focus on school
>get a job that pays as well as the one i lost in a career i actually like, meet a qt cop girlfriend (on tinder, of all places), bigger and stronger than i've ever been, with money in the bank and my degree done next semester
>found out my ex is still addicted to amphetamine, running through men trying to find a replacement for me because i was "almost perfect", but not quite

tl;dr img ay
>>
File: 1353576859030.jpg (63KB, 660x528px) Image search: [Google]
1353576859030.jpg
63KB, 660x528px
>typical weeaboo loser
>had friends, but never wanted to hang out with them outside of school or work
>all I did was play video games and watch anime, never had motivation and never did anything useful with myself
>drop out of college after bombing my second year by skipping half my classes and never doing classwork (Spring 2010)
>destroyed various relationships and went broke
>almost get kicked out of the house
>started lifting occasionally during my second year of college, didn't take it seriously until a year after I dropped out
>lifting forced me to discipline myself and made me much more outgoing
>got fortunate jobs as a server that made me a lot of money
>finally figured out what I wanted to do with my life, went back to college in Fall 2014
>just graduated with a BA this semester and finally have an idea of what to do going forward

I'm not kidding when I say that if it weren't for developing a passion for fitness and strength training in particular, I would be a deadbeat without a home right now; hell, /fit/ actually helped me along the way too.

Also helps that being more fit makes it far easier to interact with women.
>>
>>41508999
It's my goal to be a fire fighter as well desu
>>
>>41507002
Every expansion people say the same thing. Legion is fun dammit. So was WoD. Fuck Pandas though
>>
>>41507813
>completely misses the point fo that picture
>ruins it with a meme
>>
>>41506414
> Me, 20 in college
> On academic probation because I spent my first two years of college failing classes and having no discipline
> Fat as fuck, hadn't had my dick touched in over a year
> Parents don't know I'm on probation at college
> Only allowed to take 9 units max until my GPA is back above water
> Have some spare time
> Step into rec center at my college for the first time ever
> literally have no idea what I'm doing too, kind of fuck around on machines
> start reading about diet and workouts, suddenly I start making real progress
> study hard every day, bring books to the gym
> lose 45lbs, get out of academic probation
> come back home, confess to my parents that I had been on probation
> I thought they would blow up on me but they were understanding
> reconnect with a girl I used to like but never had the balls to make a move on
> still with her
> graduating next month, if even a year late
> don't hate myself

TL;DR: I went from being fat, lonely, and on the verge of expulsion to getting my shit together.
>>
>>41507498
Honestly, I wanted to do what you are doing now. I am in uni but my first year is almost over so I want to join a reserve unit (4para) next year. The only thing is that I am going abroad for my third year so I don't know what they'd say about that.
>>
>>41510549
Best of luck brah.
>>
>>41506631
underrated post
>>
>>41510806

Agreed. Life is full of pain. But suffering is optional.
>>
>>41509350
leave
>>
>>41510287
>dont get married

Dumbfuck. Don't Get Married To Girls That Don't Really Like You.
>>
File: joko.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
joko.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
if anyone out there is looking to get themselves motivated or just push yourself past your normal limits listen to some Joko podcasts, they're outstanding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQTYWxeAy9k
>>
>>41510895
Tautology
>>
>>41507166
Please share tard story
>>
>>41510223
Thanks, reading this helps.

I'm going to have a bit of an intervention with her tomorrow and ask her to be 100% honest.
I might hate myself after it, but it's better than living a convenient lie.
>>
>>41508274
Only virgins place so much importance on virginity
>>
>>41506735
What a fucking transformation
>>
>>41507684
geez...
i remember the first time i got dumped
being single hurt so much at the time

don't want to be in a new one now because i don't want to get comfortable
>>
>>41507883
congratz nigga
look after your son
>>
>>41509773
has it occurred to you that maybe she is less attracted to you now youve lost weight? maybe shes into fatties
>>
>>41509696
I like this story. Great job anon
>>
>>41506714
>>41506735
Mirin'
>>
>>41509350
heartiste.wordpress.com

You've shown too much beta so your wife is slowly pulling off and getting ready to jump ship. Read his articles on maintaining LTRs and marriages along with dread game and gaining inner alpha
>>
>>41509003
how old are you now?
>>
>>41512739

This. It sounds weird but there are a small percentage of girls for every body type. It's just that the majority prefer otter or muscular mode.

Born prematurely and have a baby's metabolism for life looking like a twig? There's a surprising amount of girls for that.

Fat? Yep

Now ask yourself, what did her father look like when she was little?
>>
>>41506414
> life long alcoholic and drug addict

> alone and masterbating

> am homeless

> decide funk this

> 6 years later

> sober as fuck

> married

> buying a house

> bench 275 for reps

> feels good man
>>
>>41510236
I think i did a latin class and history, it was mostly older people though, the meetups helped most.
>>
>>41506553
Not them but I needed to hear that, been really struggling lately. Thanks, m8.
>>
>>41507796
Nice turn around, good for you
>>
>>41508220
>he thinks he need to workout to lose weight
you deserve to die early from obesity if you think you need to go to gym to lose weight you mongoloid
>>
>>41506714
>renenrol at university
>get fit
Good shit my man.
>>
>>41508999
>tfw I got discharged from recruit training a week and a half ago for refusing to train
>made it to the beginning of phase 3, but I just didn't feel like committing 4 years of my life to the Marines
>sat in RSP for like two fucking weeks
>I've sent out like 60 fucking applications, and still have yet to hear back from any employers
>realize I would have had a comfy life in the Marines
>I should have listened to the company commander deus.
>I will never graduate with Bravo nation

Why even live
>>
>>41506714
>>41506735
Were you always able to grow a beard or just after the weight loss? I still can't grow much but I noticed it got a lot better when I started seriously lifting
>>
>You really want to know how much I have fucked up my life?

Was a shut in/basement fag most of my life
Turned 21 and wanted to do something different in my life
I lost my job you see and needed a change while living at home
College wasn't going so well either
Ended up finding some weights in the garage my dad bought when I was 15, he always envisioned me working out and making something of myself
I started lifting weights and ended up eating better
Most of my time was spent on elitefts, misc, and powerlifting forums
I joined /fit/ in 2008 and ended up slowly leaving and returning over the next few years of my life
I went to college, got fit and became very social and enjoyed life up until I turned 25
Made some decisions to leave my job for a better career and ended up failing at 25
Got injured in the gym, started to gain weight from depression
26 ended up getting into my chosen profession and have made a well career for myself
Went from full blown /neet/ to fit guy around the campus to fat ass in his late 20s
I've failed over the last few years but I will climb back up and crawl back into society

>I've recently learned what it means to have kids and what it means to have a normal life
>Staying in and sitting on the internet while your life washes by is cancer
>>
File: prog body.jpg (243KB, 1000x398px) Image search: [Google]
prog body.jpg
243KB, 1000x398px
>>41514121

Yeah I had facial hair since I was around 13, but losing weight definitely improved it, spread over less area I guess.

>>41513789
>>41512884
>>41512462
>>41509018
>>41508942
>>41508192
>>41507097
>>41506996

Cheers, not there yet though gotta finish my masters, land a six figure+ job and get abs.

Regret not taking more photos of when I was fat but I guess when you're crippled by depression you're not feeling too photogenic.
>>
>>41513880

You're a fucking moron.

Boot camp was the easiest god dam thing you would have done in the corps. The DI's tell you everything you have to do and the mission is never vague or ambiguous or changes.

No wonder no one wants to hire you. You fell out of the one job where consuming crayons is an expected behavior.
>>
>>41507883
Don't know you but just wanted to say thanks
>>
>>41506414
>go gym
>git gut
>exit gym
>>
>>41507496
what's this 1234 meme?
>>
>>41514563
its number of plates
1 ohp
2 bench
3 squat
4 dl

so 60kg
100kg
140kg
180kg
yw faggot
>>
>>41506414
>graduate high school
>get into a decent uni
>have qt gf one year behind me
>depression sets in at school
>start missing classes
>next year gf follows me to the same school
>my depression and my parent's (long story) drive us apart
>downward spiral
>start lifting to try to ease the pain
>make gains but it doesn't work
>gpa is in the shitter
>drop out
>get set up on a date somehow (this is now 3 years after my breakup)
>goes well for a little while
>my self loathing ruins another relationship
>stop lifting, start drinking
>become an alcoholic
>blackout 5-7 times a week
>this goes on for 9 months
>consider suicide frequently
>my parents help my get a shitty job working retail
>it's not much but I'm grateful
>still depressed
>work for a year
>go back to school
>drop out again
>get an internship working for IT company
>I know fuckall
>internship expires, I'm jobless again
>eventually get a new IT job
> they actually teach me things
>everyone there is super nice and helpful
>my work ethic improves over time
>customers constantly leave positive feedback
>get a raise
>decide to start cutting (alcoholism had made me fat)
>cut from 6'0" 205 to 155 in 8 months
>tell my boss I'm sorry but I have to go back to school
>thank him for his support and for the opportunity
>he understands and wishes me the best
>go back to school
>easily the smartest and hardest working person in all my classes
>make deans list (4.0)
>professors are willing to recommend me for an assistanceship program to work towards my masters
>getting /fit/ one step at a time
It's been a long journey. I'm 26. I never gave up though. If I had given up, I would have hurt my family and lived a pointless existence. Willpower is the most important attribute a human being can have. I still have problems. My dating and social lives are non-existent, but I haven't given up. I'm a little behind in my career. I still need to churn out more grades for my GPA's sake, but I have absolutely no doubt I can succeed.
>>
>>41511083
One specific time that really sticks right in brain folds goes something like this:

Periodically throughout the night, I would have to go check on this one particular guy because he wouldn't piss during the day, and would only piss in his bed when he was asleep (later found out he had a fuckton of kidney stones and UTIs, shitty but I don't feel bad)

It was probably around 1 in the morning when I checked on him, and right when I walk in I see him in his bed moving around. I knew he was awake, because he sleeps like a fucking rock and doesn't move. I turn the light on and immediately see the shit he had smeared on the headboard, on the pillows, blankets and sheets, even in his fucking mouth on his teeth. I got so mad, I felt like leaving the home right then and there and leaving the three guys to let God sort em out.

Helped him out of bed, washed him off and got him in his reclining chair to sleep.

The worst part is that he was laughing the entire time like it was funny. It made me want to push him over in the shower or something, but I wouldn't want to deal with the legal shit.

I've got a lot more stories, different stories of guys running around neighbors yards naked, biting themselves and breaking ceramic sink counter tops with their fucking heads. People really don't know what these guys go through, because if they did, they would abort as soon as they found out their child might have some sort of mental disability.
>>
>>41509071
The group home setting really showed me that I couldn't deal with this shit for the rest of my life. I love the guys in a completely non homo, paternal way, but I can't wait to leave and never have to deal with their bullshit ever again.

Good luck on the CNA. I know nonviolents and nonverbals very well. My advice to last long term would be to just let the shit go when you leave work.
>>
>>41515368
i cried a manly tear for you brah love you keep it up
>>
>>41515368

Just choose a field full of old people like I did (architecture) and your age won't mean shit, not that it really does.
>>
>>41516021
>>41515982
Thanks lads. I'm a history major, which is less useless than people make it out to be if you have a good head on your shoulders. I plan on going to law school once I've finished my masters and built up some references. I still have a lot of options due to my skill set and work ethic.
>>
>>41510565
t. Casual
>>
>>41506445
did the exact same thing brother
>>
>>41506735
mirin story bro
>>
>>41506445
I have a different story, but with the same theme. It's like my life is the remake of your movie.
>>
>>41515368
>It's been a long journey. I'm 26. I never gave up though. If I had given up, I would have hurt my family and lived a pointless existence. Willpower is the most important attribute a human being can have. I still have problems. My dating and social lives are non-existent, but I haven't given up. I'm a little behind in my career. I still need to churn out more grades for my GPA's sake, but I have absolutely no doubt I can succeed.
Keep it up anon hit me in the feels mane
>>
>>41506714
>>41506735
Motivating as fuck anon
>>
>>41506414
>feeling semi-depressed for pretty much my whole life since middle school
>spend most of my time playing video games and watching TV
>completely passive all day just sitting on my lazy ass
>at least have friends over from time to time to play vidya with, so I'm not completely autistic

fast forward to college

>have amazing roommate in my freshman year
>he forces me to start working out
>think it's stupid at first but fall in love with the feeling of weekly progress
>he teaches me how to dress like a well adjusted human
>he drags me along to social events and parties
>get more comfortable around people and finally made out with a qt
>join the schools rowing crew
>learn to play the guitar

I don't know where I would be had I ended up with any other person in my dorm.
I fucking love you Jake.

All the feelings of inadequacy and anxiety that caused my depression vanished by simply learning to take an active role in my own life rather than the passive second row audience shit I've been rolling with for pretty much my whole existence.
>>
>>41507166
>picked up a job being a literal tard wrangler at a group home
kekd
>>
>>41506530
Look up Barbara Oakley. 10 years in the army translating Russian then went on get a PHD in electrical engineering. Anything is possible if you put up the work. Just make sure your investment in time is worthwhile because years don't have the same value when you're +30.
>>
>>41507258
Keep at it bro, it get better although it can take time.
>>
>>41507844
God helps those who show the willpower to help themselves
If you make an earnest attempt to better yourself, you'll find more doorways open up and life won't shit on you as hard, and when it does you'll be able to take it in stride
>>
File: 1486924028463.jpg (171KB, 384x277px) Image search: [Google]
1486924028463.jpg
171KB, 384x277px
>>41510708
>>
>>41507258
fuck are you me?
>>
>>41517691
>I-it get's better! You just have to try
I don't know if I can believe this anymore at this point desu.
>>
>>41517876
You may have forgotten all the times you were proven wrong, so keep at it and it will happen, and you'll wonder why you even doubted in the first place.
Eventually, these doubts will be rarer and rarer, but it takes time.
Besides, you know the alternative is an hero/be miserable without any hope of salvation. So keep at it, and trust an oldfag: it gets better, it just does slowly.
>>
>>41508278
That's amazing if it's true. I'm proud of you brah
>>
>>41506414
the absolutely vile, rotten things I would do to worship those tits...
Does she know she is a prominent /fit/ memebabe?
If I can find a bitch with natty tits like that... who is willing to fuck my ass... who will worship my cock... that is the motivation brah. wew
>>
>>41518125
to clarify, by fuck my ass I didn't mean pegging but rather to have sex with me.

I swears it.

lel

I'd probably let her shit in my mouth if I got free access to her lady parts
>>
>>41518141
>to clarify, by fuck my ass I didn't mean pegging
Why not?
>>
>>41518163
hehehe ok maybe I did hehehe
>>
>>41506530
I'd consider a trade school instead. Welding, plumbing or electrician.
>>
>>41507844
Envy is a cardinal sin, friend. There is a reason it is also known as the sin of sorrow, despair and despondency. Stop focusing on what others have, be grateful for what you do have, and sort yourself out. God helps those who are willing to help themselves.
>>
File: 1480308918709.jpg (67KB, 480x608px) Image search: [Google]
1480308918709.jpg
67KB, 480x608px
>be poor kid
>childhood is relatively normal
>dad has mental breakdown
>abandons family
>now me, mom, and brother have to live off of her income as a supermarket employee
>life is horrible
>I snap my shit bad in a back injury
>can only stand/walk for 10 minutes before the pain becomes unbearable
>have to drop out of school
>become a hermit playing video games all day
>become majorly depressed and suicidal
>eventually have surgery
>commit myself to walk as far as a can everyday to help with recovery
>start by walking around the block
>everyday go a little bit further
>eventually work up to walking around 10 miles per day
>eventually start feeling good so I start running
>start getting into pretty good shape

basically i completely turned my life around. Got a great job, making a lot of money. Now I'm studying for a PhD.

When you hit rock bottom, the only thing you can take solace in is that now you've found a solid foundation on which to build something new, brick by brick. start laying bricks motherfucker
>>
>>41507844
god isn't real though.
how do grown ass men get suckered so completely by some ancient jewish retard's ignorant interpretation of the world that just happened to snowball into the modern day? how fucking gullible are you
>>
>Be a loser NEET
>Begin lifting, get fit
>Look really good, but still have shit personality
>Start tindering
>Go on several failed dates until I slowly learn how to not be such a sperg
>Finally acquire the sex from a hot girl
>Confidence levels through the roof
>Social skills finally caught up to my looks

Feels good. You just have to fall down a lot and keep getting up.
>>
>>41507235
Current specialty?
Salary?
>>
>>41506414
>be me at the time, 17 year old finishing high school
>Barely passed
>Now I'm 18, have a shitty job at Kfc, don't enjoy life much
>In first year Eng and struggling
>Mostly my fault, but I did get dicked by my school; several people lost their positions over how myself and about 100 others were treated by the school
>ENOUGH,jpg
>Was browsing a reddit sub some time (inb4 plebbit)
>Saw a thread from some roiders, they were having awesome times banging sloots
>Wasn't ready for roids, and don't know if I ever be, but I wanted to lift It seemed like it'd let me improve myself
>Started lifting with buddy
>Signed up for MMA class; didn't last long, but I don't regret it
>Start larping; sounds gay but made me a few friends and had a safe place to vent my autism so it didn't leak into other areas of my life
>Start studying; actually pass most of the shit I failed first time round
>Flash forwards; just turned 19
>Slacked off on lifting; then another friend started
>We hold each other responsible; haven't missed a gym day in months
>Enlisted help from uni friends; my marks are going up and half the time I'm one of the only ones in the class who actually knows what the fuck the teacher is trying to tell us
>Quit fast food job; got a job in a fancy restaurant, no idea what I'm doing half the time, and I'm pretty sure I'm not a very good employee, but it's teaching me how to deal with stress
>Acquired gf
>Be now; be me. 19 still, but gonna turn 20 in a few months
>Exams in a week
>If I pass these my school will take me off their shitlist
>Job is giving me shifts despite me being shit, so I might be less shit than previously thought
>Starting to gain weight; not only fat this time
>Lifts aren't good, but they're above normie tier
>I dress better now; I'm no longer the ugliest dude in the room
>Have the confidence to call people out on bullshit now

I feel like it's slowly coming together. Not super inspirational, but I'm slowly clawing out of the darkness anons.
>>
>>41508278
Enjoy the poop anon; sounds like you did pretty good breaking out of this shithole, and taking your brother with you to boot.
>>
>>41519081
Neurology
Depends a lot on how many weekend and night shifts I do, after taxes it's mostly 3-4000€/month for 3-4 night shifts of which 1-2 are 25h weekend shifts
>>
>>41507844

The rain falls on the just and the unjust alike. Don't buy into that prosperity Gospel everyone likes to hear nowadays. Fellowship with God through his Son promises forgiveness of sins, not a million dollars, natty gains, and a qt3.14 gf. Jesus himself died on the cross, he suffered, and to follow him means to take up the cross. This does not mean a joyless life, but a life filled with the ultimate truth and meaning in the midst of both joy and suffering.
>>
>>41519170
Not bad
Thought you were in the US. Where are you?
My brother switched from neuro. Said it was depressing. Im also interested in radiology. Whats your reason for switching?
>>
>>41506592
>mirin NEET status
Being NEET isn't an easy task. I think it's something to be proud of one's CV.
>>
>>41507235
Become an anaesthetist. My mate is one and he hardly ever works but makes a lot. Gives you time for other stuff you enjoy
>>
I couldn't lift heavy things and then I lifted light things and now I can lift heavy things.Thanks /fit/.
>>
>>41519263
What did your brother switch into?

It's true that it's depressing but you get used to it. It's also unsatisfying, but then it's really interesting. It's also one of the specialties favored by projected demographic developments, even more so since I do stroke.

I'd think about switching because I don't want to do science anymore, maybe want to live in another city, and want to do something without night shifts and perhaps without direct interaction with nurses and patients. It's just constant demand and interruption, a lot of talking and having to be extra-nice towards people of lower socio-economic status that, like all people, are sensitive towards the concept that somebody may objectively be "better" than them. I like it better when I can do my thing and then go home. I also would like to have a private life and to be able to do some other endeavors in existing free time, although I don't know whether I just need to pull through residency for this.
>>
>>41519291
Yeah I heard that it's the roach motel of medicine that people don't switch out of. Also I have a colleagues whose boyfriend is an anesthetist and he works a few weeks and then doesn't work a few weeks. Because he's a replacement at different hospitals the pay is so well he probably still makes more than me. I really thought about that. It's just that it seems really boring, just sitting there watching the monitor. One thing that's nice about neurology is that it's so diverse, it has fascinating diseases like the epilepsies, and it's rapidly evolving.
Although I really don't know what anesthetists are allowed to do during an operation. Many read the news. Maybe you can browse here?
>>
>>41519340
>working in the medical industry in any way
i'd become paranoid as fuck about disease. dunno how doctors do it.
>>
>>41519393
well there is medical student syndrome where you imagine that you have the disease you're learning about right know

but on a more general scale it's just depressing to see that your own decline and death are inevitable, although it can also give you a clear perspective on your existence
>>
>>41519316
>>41519316
He just started cardiology. But i dont know if hes going to stick with it. You see, like quite a few docs, his satisfaction to some extent is tied to prognosis. Ofcourse, prognisis for any internal med field is piss poor where i live.

Oh man, all those factors really make me want to stay away from internal medicine and go into rads(the only 2 fields i really want). The thought of interventional radiology sounds nice too.
>>
>>41519597
Yeah bad outcome is depressing and common in both internal medicine and neurology.

I'd say go into internal medicine if you truly love it and love being "the doctor" that can treat all the most common and the classic diseases, at the cost of a bad work/life-balance. If you just want a stable high-paying job radiology is probably a better choice.
>>
>>41508131
>Nobody can recover from being a 25+ yo virgin for example
What about a 30+ yo virgin? Is that possible? Asking for a friend of course haha.
>>
>>41506445
>thinks anything you do before high school is important or relevant past the age of 12
lmao
>>
>>41506519
>I'm a total loser you guys
>have girlfriend
>outgoing
>make friends fast
>finds another gf 8 months after ending the last relationship

Still happy for you though. Gj anon
>>
>>41510298
>>pre-workout was awesome, great substitute for meth
>caffeine
>good substitute for meth
Confirmed for making this shit up and having the knowledge of a 12yr old when it comes to drugs
>>
One more thing
If i have to option to move to US(after exams ofc) or UK for internal med specialization? Where should i settle?
>>
>>41513218
>Now ask yourself, what did her father look like when she was little?
Epitome of dadbod.
Tiny arms, light gut, hairy as fuck.
>>
>>41506735
congrats bud. great story!
>>
>24
>hs dropout
>addicted to benzos, opiates and adderall
>working shitty warehouse job in returns department at Johnson&Johnson
>feel completely empty and alone
>have friends and family that care for me but i still feel like i'm the only person on the planet
>will an hero before i turn 25 of i cant fill the void
>>
>>41507588
>>41509821
Launched a business selling video game licenses wholesale, launched another selling medical products

Have my fingers in a few other pies now but generally just started taking my income seriously.
>>
>>41509350
fuck man this hit me hard. hope it goes well brother.
>>
>>41507844
The gods like strenght and courage and dont be so quick to label things as blessing and curse. Sometime a blessing is just a noose that you put around your neck.
>>
>>41517586
>>41517586

this is a great story. having a wingman/mentor is huge. you were lucky you ended up rooming together.

for those of us who do not have this, persistence and self-motivation is the key. just stick with it, dont miss your workouts!
>>
i am a bit older than a lot of you, but getting in shape flipped everything in my life for the better

>played video games all through HS, wasted every spare moment i had
>socially awkward going into college, didn't know how to talk to women, felt short (5ft 8), weak, inadequate
>unknowingly stuck in cyclical patterns of escapism (drinking, video games, procrastination, jerking off) for about 8 straight years
>age 26: realized i needed something more in my life
>started running, pushups, free weights
>life priorities completely flipped 180 degrees
>focused on eating right, adding more weight to lifts, running further distances.. what the hell are these muscles all of a sudden?!?
>stopped playing video games, scaled back on drinking, life decisions & use of free time drastically improved, productivity increased
>confidence improved massively
>recently started online dating over the last year, hooked up with 5 girls (nothing amazing, but better than having no results prior)
>grown salary significantly doing work that i love to do & am engaged with
>took up guitar, play each week in a class
>started going to a therapist (lol) to get the mental situation figured out, exploring meditation

the big thing for me was prioritization and having a routine. if you start your day playing video games, you'll probably end it doing very little. get the shit done that you need to get done first (gym, laundry, errands, whatever) and set a limit to your vices. good luck guys!
>>
Guys, it was 6y (25now) since i have finished high school. Is it still possible for me to go to college ? Couldn´t go then because of the money problem. I fear that working manually and doing nothing after work completely dulled me and that i will never be able to study again. I have also been a neet for a almost 2 years.
Can i still do it ? Won´t i stick out between 18-19 olds ?
>>
>useless neet
>Waste time working menial retail, getting tired of it and quitting, learning nothing and not even having a work history
>Go long stretches of unemployed neet, have to lie to parents that I'm job hunting and such
>Dad calls me out on it eventually and Everytime we talk it becomes bitter.
>A good, noble man. Makes me sick to my stomach to lie
>Get a kitchen labor/stocking/prep monkey job
>Useless retard that I am just stick with it
>Five years later and don't entirely hate myself anymore but fucking horrified to go back to school
>Have paid off half my debts from fucking around, being stupid and [spoiler]terrible mother[/spoiler], terrified to get more debt
>32 and the only skill I have in life now is to endure patiently and to be punctual
>At least can hold my head up and act like a real human around my pops

This thread is nice, makes me feel like I could have a real career in a few years of school. All my fears block out anything I could consider a practical passion though.
>>
>>41513325
living the dream youve made it anon
>>
>>41521073
It's never too late Anon.
You can be 35y old, still at the same position you are at right now.
Or you can 35y old with a degree.

It's all up to you.
>>
i was addicted to bars for 2 years then almost got a dui now i lift and talk to like 1 person a week

i made it bros
>>
>played WoW gambled did drugs
>dropped out of college 3x
>skinny depressed suicidal
>no money no life
>toxic friends and family
>30 yr old making 60-65k 20k saved deadlift 410x5 bench 260x5
>good friends
>hopeful for future
>>
>7th grade 13 years old
>can't do a single pushup
>fat
>teased by people at school
>start doing calisthenics religiously
>become strong, stronger than the other kids
>learn how to lift weights a year later
>it snowballs
glad things ended up taking a much better turn
>>
>>41521117
This one is very right.
>>
>>41506445
same thing but with runescape
>>
>>41513218
>baby's metabolism for life looking like a twig?
>There's a surprising amount of girls for that.
how do i find qts that are into skeletons?
>>
>finish HS and move to new town
>be 17 (skipped a class when i was little)
>Go to uni for my first year of med school (i'm french so the first year is a selection process)
>No friends because new town
>I drop out after 2 week and i don't tell my parents
>Full escapism (tv shows mostly)
>Next year i go to first year of biology in uni
>Start pretty good, friends and shit (even a one night stand)
>End up getting back into escapism and cut contact with all friends
>Do ok in uni and i pass all my exams
>Decide to give med school another shot
>Same as first time (drop out, old habits...)
>After first semester i decide enough is enough and get into CS program
>Lose a lot of weight and get kinda /fit/
>Still can't motivate myself to study
>Still friendless
>My exam are in 3 weeks and i'm in deep shit
>I'm 20 and feel like shit
>>
>>41521391
You're only 20, you have lots of time to figure things out.

Why do you feel unmotivated to study? What was your motivation to pursue medical in the first place?
>>
>>41521408
>Why do you feel unmotivated to study?
Hard to break old behavioral pattern i guess. Sometimes i successfully work very hard for a week and it's great. Then i end up breaking my commitment with a small thing like a tv show episode or a quick wank and all goes to shit real fast

>What was your motivation to pursue medical in the first place?
To do like my parents and sibling. I don't really give a fuck about being a doctor or a fucking dentist but it's hard to know that i can't do something that all my family did
>>
>>41506631
You got it.
>>
>>41507751
DAS MA BOI
>>
>>41519812
1,3 is an amphetamine but I wouldn't even call it a replacement for adderall

t. Snorts adderall
>>
>>41521043
The brain doesn't finish developing till about 25 so you'll probably do better. Going to college right after hs is literally the meme to end all memes
>>
>>41521117
This. Fagots want to act like your life is over if you're not pulling in 6 figures by the time you're 23. If you live in the west you'll probably live well into your 80s. Chill out, yall got time.
>>
>>41522560
Even if i wasn´t studying for years ?
>>
>>41522741
Might have to get back in the habit but I don't see why not. Almost everything I learned in hs was either not needed in college or retaught anyways.
>>
>>41522560
>Going to college right after hs is literally the meme to end all memes
Except you know, employees tend to prefer younger candidates
>>
>>41515938
MOAR TARD STORIES!!!!
>>
THICC
H
I
C
C
>>
File: mw.jpg (97KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
mw.jpg
97KB, 1024x768px
>>41508161
>"post something that proves me wrong!"
>"except don't prove me wrong because anyone who does clearly is a Chad underneath their fat!"
nu-r9k lookism hybrid pls go
Fat is what keeps you down, and I can see it in your post.
>>
>>41522804
Not him but you're going to need to cite credible sources for that one. Remember, credible.
>>
>>41524579
f u c k
>>
>>41506414
I quit smoking.
>>
>>41506519
How the fuck do you meet people dude? When you have no friends and out of school it's just suffering
>>
>>41526200
Start volunteering
Join a club of some sort
Do martial arts

There's plenty of opportunities. I know it's hard to see them when you're depressed, but sometimes you've got to force yourself.

If you google some of your problems, you'll also see people online who've dealt with your issues and overcame. Again, it's hard due to the depression but you have to force yourself
>>
>currently 25 years old
>havent had friends since i was around 13
>no friends in high school, don't learn how to socialize, carries over to college, carries over to post-college life
>basically been a shut-in for my entire life, not even video games just watching tv basically
>no idea how to socialize at all
>read stories like these hoping that someday maybe something will change, but i know it never will, im too far gone

i dont even have any siblings to bond with because im an only child
>>
>>41526321
Just to clarify

Do you lift?
>>
File: 1471131239712.jpg (371KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1471131239712.jpg
371KB, 1920x1080px
>>41506735
Proud of you bro!
>>
>>41509611

That's an amazing story, I'm really happy for you!
>>
>>41509696

kill yourself government leech
>>
File: IMG_2344.jpg (2MB, 2448x3060px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2344.jpg
2MB, 2448x3060px
>Moved to a different state starting freshman year of high school
>no friends
>skinny, acne, and still in a social shell
>would skip lunch to avoid the awkwardness of being alone
>never got senior pictures taken or went to prom
>barely graduated because of my depression and unwillingness to succeed
>decide I'll enlist in the Army as a last ditch effort to save myself
>also felt patriotic duty.
>best four years of my life
>spent three in Korea
>made tons of friends
>did crazy shit, and have tons of stories
>leave the Army and find a job as hotel security searching for a career
>changed jobs to fire fighter in the Army Reserve
>finally got a job at a fire department about 7 years ago
>still here, 32 years old, natty competition winner shape, happy, married, with a little girl and another on the way.

My teenage years are a distant memory of another person. Times like now I can't believe how far I came, and only because I did something about it. You're all capable of something better too.
>>
>>41507498
just don't fuck up a drug test
>>
>>41506414
>be me planned to be a police officer straight out of high school
>ace all the written tests but they turn me down because I don't have life experience
>go be a wage cuck and lose interest in the police
>end up spending my days only either at work or in bed watching tv, no friend and a kisses, hugless virgin
>end up doing that for four years straight
>get sick of just existing so I quit my job and go to Europe
>see a woman in a store bend over and her tit falls out
>decide when I get home I'm going to do whatever it takes to get a gf
>get home and join the army and still a virgin for the next three years but I have heaps of friends
>Finally meet a girl who doesn't last long but that gave me the confidence to be with lots of other girls since

Still a wage cuck but working on getting into the police. Years of being alone left me a bit socially anxious
>>
>>41521553
Same my dude disciplines a habit that I've had to learn and relearn
>>
File: 1410964660897.png (164KB, 303x303px) Image search: [Google]
1410964660897.png
164KB, 303x303px
>>41521319
Runescape still exists?
>>
>>41508131
>point of no return

Honestly I wish I cared half as much as I did back in high school. Guess I might as well shave my head and become an ascetic.
>>
>>41519735
>30+
28 here.
>get to college
>realize that high school never taught me any social skills, I only ever made friends with people I was 'stuck with'
>college social ecosystem is all about seeking out groups and initiating those connections
>spiraled out of control from there.
>>
>>41527344
yeah man thats exactly what happened to me and i'm 25

>have friends in high school basically only because i knew them for years and we are always around each other
>college happens
>even though i was in a dorm i wasnt desirable by others because ugly and awkward and weird
>if you dont make friends within first week of being there youre screwed
>most people in my freshman classes knew people from their dorm and hung wtih them

>spirals out of control
>social skills get even worse
>only friends i end up with by graduation are my roommates and their friends when they pity invite me places
>never talk to anyone again after college
>>
File: standing rock.jpg (278KB, 1198x684px) Image search: [Google]
standing rock.jpg
278KB, 1198x684px
>was a fat neet who failed remedial college algebra at 21
>start going to the gym for an hour every day
>planning my workouts helped me planning for studying in math and scheduling test reviews
>still suck at math but at least get a C on every exam
>get to Calc 2 and transfer with an AS in geology to a 4 year university
my mom was crying when I graduated community college a week ago
>>
>>41508131

I'm the guy posting earlier and was gonna disagree but I was 24 when I lost my v to a hooker so I guess I saved myself
>>
>>41527402
>That image
>JAV models
>In a shoot for a German site
>About American political issue
>Using costumes that would be considered terrible taste by the people actually involved in said issue.

really makes you think.
>>
>>41527446
the text is a shop but I do bet some SJWs would rage at the nips for culturally appropriating chestlet culture
>>
>>41527461
Okay. That seemed to a bit too absurd to be real and unintentional.
>>
>>41527149
rs3 is a different game entirely from osrs, and i like it more
>>
>>41510708
> tfw started college in late twenties due to military service
> Hard to connect with people in my classes because I'm older and a vet so they think I'm some terminator robot fuck
> tfw I just wish I was normal and could make friends with my peers
>>
>>41527629
> Hard to connect with people in my classes because I'm older and a vet so they think I'm some terminator robot fuck
I know you're the one who has to suffer through it, but it's really a problem with them more than you. Depending on where you're going to school you might be socially fucked because you aren't in the "went to college fresh out of high school, 18-21" group.

Focus more on making connections within your major or activities that you're committed to. You'll have common ground there, and it might help the fact that you're older and not in the same cohort as the rest of those kids.

But in the end, they'll probably always be too young to ever be your "peers" and you'll always feel awkward socializing with them instead of people your age.
>>
Alright, I'll do this, more for personal motivation than anything else, because my life was never as difficult as some of you unlucky fuckers.

>homeschooled throughout high school
>get really depressed senior year, slide through the final year with ok grades
>get offered a scholarship to go to a small state school because I had a decent gpa and act scores (my homeschool program was accredited, so they considered it the same as a gpa from a regular school).
>spend 4 crazy years, drank with friends, did really well in school, had a great time
>unfortunately still had self esteem issues from being fat
>didn't lose my v card in college
>decided to minor in math, which made my graduation date one year later
>after 4 years, all my buddies left cause they graduated
>move back home hoping to finish my degree at a uni closer to my parents
>procrastinate and fail to take classes during my first semester back
>end up depressed, feeling like I'll never graduate
>slowly I get my ass back into gear as my parents tell me they'll have to start charging rent if I'm not in school
>get a shitty retail job that pays decent for something that requires no skill
>get registered for classes, and pay for them out of pocket, since I never spend money, as I live at home
>buddy at work becomes a workout partner, forcing me to consistently lift (I'd been to gyms before, but never stayed consistent)
>start building muscle and getting strong
>feel confident and ready to make a life

Continued
>>
>>41527789
fast forward to now
>attend bachelor's graduation a few weeks ago, finishing in the summer
>got a job that pays better and is close to my graduating field
>the process of getting this job totally required me to get out of my shell, and gave me a ton of confidence
>starting next week
>still lifting, gonna do a 3 day water fast to test my willpower
I was really afraid that I wouldn't graduate, that I'd be forced to work that shitty, low paying retail job for the rest of my life. I'm now about to finish, and have my first non shitty job lined up. Losing weight slowly atm, but truly feeling my confidence surge and self doubt diminish.

I'm still fat, and still a khv, but I can see where I'm going. I've actually got plans that seem possible to me. I'm gonna work this job for a couple of years and move around in the company, and then decide on moving on to a masters and maybe a PhD. Also gonna save money, I want to invest in real estate. I'm finally feeling like I'm moving forward in life.

Don't give up guys. Any life you dream of is possible, you just have to stay hungry for opportunity. Keep yourself in a good place, and when opportunity happens, you'll be able to seize it.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
>>41506735
What's with the blue steel look?
>>
File: somethingbyvictoria.jpg (21KB, 297x165px) Image search: [Google]
somethingbyvictoria.jpg
21KB, 297x165px
>>41507649
this?
>>
>>41506530

I went straight into law school from undergrad, at a Tier 2 school. Consider:

>Most of my classmates were older than me, average student was at least late 20's even in the full-time day division
>Older students always had a rep for being more focused, for being less stressed/more sure of their decision to study Law, and for knowing precisely what their JD is actually going to do for them/having a plan

You still have to be *really* sure you want in on Law for the ROI on getting into it to be remotely worth it, but the age thing isn't a problem at all.
>>
>>41515368
How'd you go through all that and only be 26?
>>
>>41506735
>>41506714
well done bro
>>
>>41517586
>>he teaches me how to dress like a well adjusted human
What did you mean by this? How were you dressing before?
>>
>>41527822

grasping at straws
>>
>>41506414

>Be me decent looking guy girls showed lots of interest in
>Cant talk to them at all
>Spaghetti everywhere
>Start working out and thinking I'm better then most girls because I take care of myself better then they do
>Start leaning more towards right wing politics women belong in the kitchen kind of stuff
>Start talking to them like that
>Started sleeping with them
>>
>>41519085
You're already 3 years ahead of me anon, good shit. I just wish I got my shit together when I was 19/20
>>
>>41528185
Are you actually right wing, as in, do you reject political ideas that are liberal? Or are you one of those faggots who are "conservative" and believe in democracy, religious freedom, and other cuck philosophical ideas that reject inherent hierarchy?

If you believe Protestantism is valid, that capitalism is valid, or that nobility is an outdated idea, you're not right wing.
>>
>>41526619
Would you say your life is awright?
>>
>>41521043
I was a neet for 2 years after hs. Literally just played vidya 24/7. Enrolled in my local community college. It felt waaay easier than highschool work and actually interesting. Easily maintained a 4.0 and I'm transferring to UCSB this fall. I think you'll do fine.
>>
>>41528243
>cuck philosophical ideas that reject inherent hierarchy
>If you believe...that capitalism is valid...you're not right wing.

wew lad, reminder that only the "nat" in natsoc is right wing. Fuck outta here with that socialist crap
>>
File: 1483706469394.png (412KB, 600x565px) Image search: [Google]
1483706469394.png
412KB, 600x565px
>log onto facebook the other day, never use it
>FB algorithm shows me profile of some guy who used to try to make fun of my high school self
>his face as barely changed, ugly as fuck looks like a kid for his age, dyed his hair blonde like a hipster and let it grow out
>meanwhile I kept getting more attractive, have been traveling the world living in world cities learning new languages
>mfw looking at his shitty life
>>
>>41521170
how did u go from dropping out 3x times to making decent money ?
im in a kinda similar situation
>>
File: 1491222133893.jpg (22KB, 383x418px) Image search: [Google]
1491222133893.jpg
22KB, 383x418px
>>41506414
I did it a couple of times or more, and always ended worser.
Now I'll make it again in september
The fuckin ride never ends.
>>
>>41506519
Dont forget your parents mang, they pur up wit tlu being a neet.
>>
>2009 year of our Lord
>shooting heroin in the high school bathroom and falling asleep against urinals in front of the principle,barely getting As and Bs, America in general is just not doing so hot and I made it much, much worse
>2017
>straight A college student, bilingual, married the best woman created thus far, have kid, lifting hard and reaping gains, Stout recurve archer, Skateboarding, working with an engineering firm part time and another full time job as well, lovely lack of conspiracy charges, not falling asleep against urinals,trying to make the world a better place
>>
>>41521043
dont let your dreams be dreams, yo

but seriously, who gives a shit what snit nosed freshmen think. do your own thing. you might even hook up with some young hotties.
>>
File: smugfrodo.jpg (132KB, 642x963px) Image search: [Google]
smugfrodo.jpg
132KB, 642x963px
>>41507801
>blames self for the world
>>
File: 1492901049002.webm (3MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492901049002.webm
3MB, 720x480px
>>41521043
>Won´t i stick out between 18-19 olds ?
no, not really. In reality, if you don't look like a burnout, or an idiot who dresses like he's 70, it will be totally okay.

Go to college. Think of the people who had to get the money themselves to enroll. They had to start jobs and then be allowed to go.

Freshmen are mostly fucking idiots with too much time on their hands and too much alcohol in their blood.

School is an opportunity for those who want to study. Gaining knowledge doesn't end when you are 25.
>>
>>41528731
Who is that woman on the right? She looks like loyal gf material.
>>
My """story""" isn't ispirational AT ALL. Just lucky.

>be 16yo me in high school
>lost all friends, they changed and became assholes
>retire from school because couldn't handle the easiest of things like getting up from bed and experiencing the most simple social interactions with people I dislike
>live something like 7 months shut inside my house, playing games and watching movies on my PC
>Parents put pressure on me and go back to school the year after
>Actual nice dudes in class approach me and invite me to go out with them, make friends
>19yo, got a driving license and car, pretty independent even though I don't have a job, lifting, and still got friends

No gf, but lost weight, gained muscle and will to live. Also friends and regularly hang out like a good normie. So basically friends saved me.
Thread posts: 271
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.