[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What am I doing wrong, /fit/? I eat 1500 calories/day or less,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: hqdefault (1).jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
15KB, 480x360px
What am I doing wrong, /fit/? I eat 1500 calories/day or less, i bike M/W/F and ruck T/Th for an hour before my job but now I'm walking 6-7hrs a day, and I'm not losing any noticeable weight for the past month or so. I'm 6' 195lbs and want to cut to 165. Does it matter if I use a digital or manual scale? Should I bike/ruck on top of walking?
>>
You should go see a nutritionist or a Physical therapist.

Chances are you're not counting calories properly, or you're expecting results too quickly. Also, 1500 cals is pretty extreme for your size. Why do you want to lose weight so quickly and be so miserable?
>>
>>41490956
I was 175 briefly before and wasn't really satisfied, still has puffy nips, stomach fat, and I didn't think I looked good overall. I have a weight limit I can be cuz Army and I'm right on the cusp of getting flagged. If 1500 really is that extreme, why is my weight not budging? I was thinking of cutting more but that seemed dangerous and I need to keep as much muscle mass as possible.
>>
you conveniently forgot to mention how long you've been doing this. don't lie, 3 days?
>>
>>41491042
>"and I'm not losing any noticeable weight for the past month or so."

I really had to point this out, huh?
>>
Your body might not be getting the right amount of calories. Eat 1600 at least a day. Also you could be working out to much. Walking is fine though maybe have a rest day inbetween.
>>
>>41491029

Chances are your weight isn't budging because a) you're missing calories/miscounting what you eat in a day

or b) you're trying to see results in a matter of days/weeks, and weight loss isn't instant.

You sound exactly like my husband. Do yourself a favor and stop drinking energy drinks and sugar free sodas if you do. Get a food scale and pre-weigh your daily meals. Don't eat at the chow hall, because that's a great way for you to not know exactly how much you're getting.

Meal planning will be your friend, and based on your activity level you should be eating around 2200 as a deficit.

Seriously, though. You have free healthcare. It sucks most of the time, but the army would love to help you lose weight, so just call for an appointment with the doc, or go see if you have a HAWC (health and wellness center) with a nutritionist.
>>
>>41491082
Well my job includes walking long distances every day so I can't change that unfortunately. It seems counter intuitive to increase my caloric intake, but I'll try it anyway and talk to a nutritionist and see what happens.
>>
>>41490877
If you burn too many calories compared to how much you take in, your body thinks you're starving and goes into fat saving mode. Your metabolism drops significantly. You need to eat normally pal.
>>
>>41491132

Good luck, and don't let the army blow out your knees and back. Get anything and everything out of them while you can.
>>
>>41491103
I use the myfitnesspal app, not sure how accurate it is but it seems to be close enough. I'm national guard so I'll look around my neighborhood and see if a nutritionist is covered. I will get a food scale though, and I'll stop with the Monster Zero Ultra© if I need to. I buy chicken, eggs, and greek yogurts all the time for most of my meals, what else is a good inexpensive option for protein other than tuna?
>>
>>41491240

Almonds are pretty cheap in comparison with a lot of other nuts. Ground turkey is another good alternative, and mahi mahi is another fish-- put the frozen block of mahi mahi in a pan and cover it with pineapple salsa and 2 tbspns of soy sauce, then bake it in the oven at 350 for about 38-45 minutes. It's pretty delicious.

Consider the fact that broccoli and spinach both have protein, and you should be replacing pastas or breads with that. Bread isn't really your enemy, but most breads are super calorie packed due to added sugars.

Fitnesspal is okay. Great for tracking what you know for a fact you're eating, but awful for estimating your cals. Go to a different website to get a calorie count.
>>
>>41490877
how long have you been doing this?
>>
>>41491081
>1 month or so

nigga you probably have a ton of water weight built up and 1 month ain't going to do too much, give it another. Also at 1500 calories per day I would really question your serving sizes and if you are calculating them right. Besides, you left out the weekends, what do you eat/do then?
>>
>>41491240
>I use the myfitnesspal app, not sure how accurate it is but it seems to be close enough.

IIRC fitness pal usually has user submitted estimates, unless it is a prepacked meal then the estimates are always WAY under I have found
>>
>>41491560
Thanks a lot, I appreciate all the help. How much am I going to be spending on food, about $50/week?
>>
>>41491560
just put the fish in the pan and its done in like 7 minutes
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.