[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it cheaper in the long run to buy your own equipment or go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: varg-vikernes.jpg (114KB, 762x464px) Image search: [Google]
varg-vikernes.jpg
114KB, 762x464px
Is it cheaper in the long run to buy your own equipment or go to the gym? Ive been going to the gym for a few months now
>>
A question that can be solved by middleschool maths, anon...
>>
>>41485499
Yes gym is 500+ a year

Amazon Dumbell one time payment of 100-300.
>>
Its about 400/500 for a bare bones setup if its all new. Within 2 years youre saving money.

Check craigslist for used stuff. I got rusted plates for about half price just because they look like shit.
>>
If you plan on lifting for many years, then its cheaper to buy your own stuff.

If you have the space to do so, then its great.

Personally I like the gym anyway, there is a much wider range of kit than you will ever have at home, and my gym jumped on the crossfit fagwagon, so I get to play with calisthenics climbing frames and tires and other fun stuff.
>>
>>41485499
lets see
>leg press costs $2300 without plates
>gym costs $400 - 700 a year depending on where u live
>>
>>41485499
Fuck off, Tim. You'll never have a chance with Farah because you're an autistic fucking man-child.
>>
I bought a basic bench at Walmart for ~$70, barbell was $15 or $20, and 2 dumb bell bars were ~$5-$10 each, I think. Got some free weights from my dad but Im about to spend $40 to get 2 more 25 pl8s. Got a $7 jumprope so I can do cardio without leaving my house.

The only thing I really wish I had was a squat rack. I can barely fit the bench in my house. I have to go outside to deadlift.
>>
>>41485499
Adjustable DB based:
>dbs
100$ new with decent weight, cheaper off craigslist.
>pull up bar
20$
>basic bench
50$, or just use a sturdy otttoman.

You can get everything for less than 3-4 months of gym memberships. After a bit of time you can get some extra plates that will be enough for a couple months more for the price of 1 months membership.

Bar based:
>decentish olympic bar
150$
>weights
same if used
>rack or half-rack
at least 200$
>bench
at least 100$
All told, about 4 times more than the DB variant. Still pays off more than a gym after a year max if you consider resale value.

Not to mention the savings you make on commuting, being able to work out in your underwear before a shower, gym equipment etc.

Also there is a big time saving and time is money.

The downside is obviously the space requirement and the fact that it is easier to put off working out if you think "meh, I'll do it after one more episode of that one show" than when you actually go to a gym on a schedule. Also, dumbells are obviously not a good choice if you want to do powerlifting.
>>
>>41487233
Let's sea, retard
>leg press vs power cage that can also be used for all other lifts
>>
File: 1474346179041.jpg (36KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1474346179041.jpg
36KB, 640x480px
>buy complete home gym setup
>diagnosed with sciatica two months later
>mfw can basically just do ohp and bench now
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.