[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do you enjoy cardio? Shits horrible. I guess it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 5

How the fuck do you enjoy cardio? Shits horrible. I guess it doesn't help that my area is nothing but steep hills but still I just can't see the appeal. It takes fucking forever and you're stuck doing the same shit putting one leg in front of the other. I'm bored out of my mind after 10-15 mins
>>
>>41470761

Why not ride a bike? I fucking hate running with a burning passion but riding bike is my love since I was a kid.

Ride to some isolated place, relax and think a bit, ride back. Fucking running.
>>
>>41470761
by doing sports. I can't understand how anyone can enjoy running. it's like all the work and none of the fun of sports. at least while playing something the running part comes secondary as a tool to achieve something so it doesn't bore you out of your mind
>>
>>41470761
BJJ is my cardio. Straight-up cardio drives me insane from boredom.
>>
>>41471208
Yeah man I feel you there, exact same for me
>>
>>41470761
Listen to a podcast or something. I have a bunch of hills on almost any route and its fine.
>>
File: 1494750629117.png (651KB, 680x628px) Image search: [Google]
1494750629117.png
651KB, 680x628px
>>41470761
> I'm bored out of my mind after 10-15 mins of being alone with myself
>>
>>41470761
>Listen to music
>Look around and enjoy nature
>See how beautiful the world can be

Its not that hard, anon.
>>
>>41470761
>>41470931
Either find a running club or use it as a time to focus on yourself, almost like meditation.
You really shouldn't be thinking about the actual process of running unless you're an uncoordinated shit.
>>
>>41470761

Music, listen to a new album every time
If you play sports cardio would be logical, something you must do if you are going to better your performance.
If you hate running, cycle.
When you get that runners high, you'll rethink your hate for cardio.
>>
>>41470761
I wouldn't say I enjoy it so much as I like the high after about 40 mins and the afterglow that last for a good day or so.

Plus finishing an hours worth of cardio and wringing several cups worth of sweat out your tshirt is oddly satisfying.

But seriously. The reason I do it alongside lifting is because it works like a natural anti-depressant, I feel pretty good 90% of the time because I'm perpetually on a buzz. Feelsgoodman.

Oo and one last thing - music. Helps incredibly in zoning out.
>>
>>41470761
I like swimming.

>wet almost naked in very fitting shiny clothing girls

Swimming confirmed for the best form of low impact god tier cardio?
>flat
Not everybody can be as gay as you fit.
>>
>>41471300
>I like the high after about 40 mins and the afterglow that last for a good day or so.

This

It's basically a sacrifice that you make so that you feel good after, or towards the end
>>
>>41471306
Dont know why, but those swim suits are fucking hot.
>>
>>41471312
Runner's high is a myth.

Been running 50 miles a week since I was 16 and never experienced it.

If your body is on autopilot you're not running hard enough.
>>
>>41471350
> I didn't expirence it, therefore it isn't true
That's not how it works lad
>>
>>41471350
endogenous opioid release, read up on it homie
>>
>>41470761
don't run you fucking idiot. Theres so many options of cardio that are enjoyable. Jump rope, skateboarding, surfing, swimming, bike riding, high intensity sports etc
>>
>>41471350
What are your race times?
>>
>>41471412
>>41471421
I don't need to read up on it, I researched it first hand.

I've trained and competed with members of the US Olympic team, and runner's high has been a meme within the competitive running community long before the internet.
>>
>>41471462
You're going to have to specify which races bud
>>
File: betterthanrunning.jpg (729KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
betterthanrunning.jpg
729KB, 1024x768px
>not enjoying the climbs

Never gonna make it.
Also, get a bike, go swimming, jump rope, hiking, etc basically anything besides running because shit's intrinsically boring.
>>
>>41470761
I used to love it before I started lifting, now I'm too tired to go for a run and when I go anyway I can't keep up with my old times

feels bad man
>>
>>41471463
yeah i know

sometimes i go for a run and get a bit delirious and it's the sunset or something and i would describe the feeling as "a good time" but people act as if it's something that you specifically get from fucking running and as if it's the second coming of jesus

i reckon it's the emperor's new clothes kinda deal, everyone wants to look like a super cool pro runner, us runners man runners high us runners
>>
Question kind of related

How do you run 42km without literally dying??
I can hardly reach 10k, how do I go beyond? Is it just genetics?
>>
>>41471471
Are you running ALL the races or something?
>>
>>41471471
>You're going to have to specify which races bud
There are only a handful that matter.

800m
Mile/1500

Is that too much typing?
>>
>>41471502
I intend to hop over to Italy in the next couple of years to ride that.
>>
>>41471510

The lighter you are, the better. There's a reason why marathon runners look like a walking skeletons. You're probably just not conditioned enough, don't drink enough fluids, carry unnecessary mass (even too much of leg muscles is unnecessary, let alone upper body muscles or fat), etc. It's not genetics, you just need to train more.
>>
>>41471576
You can make decent times as a big guy. US races often have a heavyweight category, but I forget the breed of horse it's named after. It's also not that heavy tho, it's like 165 lbs or something.

Anyway even at over 200lbs you can get within 4 hours more than likely and if you're lucky and train well people have got as far as sub 2:30. Sub 3:00 is not necessarily reasonable but at least far from impossible.

>>41471517
No response after 15 minutes is telling huh? I like how he asked you to pick distances as if you know what he runs.
>>
>>41470761
>my area is nothing but steep hills
>takes fucking forever
Put 2+2 together you doublenigger and do HIIT
>doing the same shit putting one leg in front of the other. I'm bored out of my mind after 10-15 mins
Might as well stop breathing, so boring after 15 minutes amirite :^)
>>
>>41471662
What the fuck else is there to do other than listen to music and look at suburbs?
>>
>How the fuck do you enjoy cardio?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv0iUKb80C8
>>
>>41471517
800m was 1:56. but didn't compete after hs
Mile was 3:51.2 at a local road race (all downhill so take it as you will)
3k isn't a race so I assume you mean 3200: 8:40ish only ran in time trials
5k was 14:18 from cross in hs
10k is about all I do now, my best is at 32:43 but I'm still getting used to the distance.
Half marathons and beyond are for lanklet tryhards.
>>
>>41470761
Ride a bike
Take a hike
Play sports

Cardio doesn't have to be a drag
>>
>>41471699
I believe your 800-meter and your 10K, but the rest sound like shenanigans. Nobody gives a shit about a downhill mile. With an 800 meter of 156 you should be capable of 4 15 or so. If you've got that kind of 800-meter leg speed then it was a waste to not run in college
>>
>>41471699
Also, 3000 meters is a very commonly raced distance in indoor track and Outdoors for the steeple. You would know this if you had gone to college to run
>>
>>41470761
I don't know, man. It's just a habit at this point. I don't even listen to music. My mind just wanders for 2 hours.
>>
>>41471699
Respectable HS 800m, but pretty much everything else is bs. I buy the mile, even though it doesn't count because lmoadownhill, but with a 1:56 you'd be closer to 9:30 3200m, and 16:00 5k. That's just from watching the people in my region who ran 1:56, anyone who ran faster peaked out at 1:53 and he ran a 15:40 5k
>>
>>41470761
A lot of people put in headphones and listen to music. I personally can't stand listening to music while running, I only do it while lifting. I think of running as a personal reflection time, no electronics, no other people, just me and the sounds of birds and wind, I'm constantly around electronics for work and while at home so to be honest it gets a little mind numbing.
>>
>>41470761
I play indoor soccer, futsal or however you call it. It is sprinting up and down the court.

Also this >>41471306 Watching girls and geeting mired by swimming instructors is always welcomed
>>
>>41470761
Do you compete?
If not, why are you doing cardio?
Don't bother if you want to lose weight, just eat less and lift, anon.
>>
>>41472388
you luddite
>>
Play a sport instead! Tennis is awesome cardio. Rowing is awesome.

BJJ is god tier though.
>>
>>41471278
I can regularly run 10k and have a 21.5 minute 5k. I have yet to achieve this so-called "runner's high." Running makes me want to kill myself.
>>
Do sprints uphill. Easier on your knees and better for muscle. Plus it's more like doing reps that way. Not so mind numbing
>>
I get up and do insanity a few days a week before work. Fun and the girls on there are sweaty and bangable.
>>
Do windsprints, my nigga. Get that shit done, then go home. Pounding the pavement for hours on end is bullshit
>>
>>41472816
>why are you doing cardio?
Endurance, general health, etc.
>>
Just fucking listen to music, its not that hard
>>
>>41471502
Swimming is not a good way to burn calories. Too much learning required for most fucks here. Also if you hate running you're fucking gay. Hate how proud people are about it.
>>
>>41470761
yeah it is horrible
i recommend you do sprinting for 3 minutes a day, give it your all, and do it in intervals. That should burn like 200-250 calories and you will get it over with.
>>
>>41471250
>projecting this hard
I can sit on a bench with no music and no stimulus or company for an hour and enjoy it. It's the repetetive nature of running that sucks.

Just like I wouldn't want to be working at a mailing room or something where it's just endless one second loop you have to repeat over and over again. Nothing to do with being alone.
>>
>>41472852
Lol I'm not afraid of technology. Just staring at screens all day hurts my eyes. Too much blue light.
>>
>>41473089
>burning 250 cal in 3 minutes of running
>>
>>41473151
of sprinting, yes
>>
PLAY DDR

https://youtu.be/mkvFQW7USSs

Or Pump it Up or ITG or whatever. Seriously, last summer I was at the arcade for 5-7 hour hour sessions (the music gets your really into it) and my calves evolved.
>>
>>41473162
Not even the guy you're replying to but you're an idiot if you think that's possible.
>>
>>41472964
I do it too but it sucks living on the top floor and trying to do the jumps
>>
>>41473162
you're fucking retarded. you have no idea how much energy a calorie is obviously
>>
I used to listen to techno, repetitive music like that is pretty hypnotizing and after a while you just get in the 'zone' and run on autopilot. Now I just play rugby for cardio, which is actually enjoyable.
>>
Running is thinking time.
It definitely helps my mood and energy levels afterwards.
>>
>>41471502
>because shit's intrinsically boring.

Bike
>just rotating one leg after the other!

>swimming
>just flailing one arm in front of the other whilst paddling your legs!

>jump rope
>just jumping swinging a rope over and over and over...

All that shit is intrinsically boring when you apply the same retarded attitude you have to running as someone who doesn't ''enjoy'' it.
>>
>>41470761
S T A I R S

10minutes of fast stair climbing you burn what you would in 40 of jogging

seriously, go for the stairs
>>
>>41471677

And you think being in a swimming pool, cycling the same routes, or jump rope on the spot is going to change that?

Face it - the problem is not the sport but the attitude you have toward it.

Doing anything else isn't going to change that.

Being in a swimming pool with the stench of chlorine and the constant noise of the water against yourself/pool, jumping on the spot jump-rope just staring at the same damn spot for however long you're doing it, cycling the same route as you ran - you're just doing it faster but with the same boring scenery.

You're quite simply a dick trying to justify why you can't stand something.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-17-15-21-34.png (320KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-17-15-21-34.png
320KB, 1080x1920px
>>41473282
>>41473364
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWoQS_JDHoU

woah
>>
I like listening to podcasts.
>>
>>41473801

I could see that, if you absolutely ran as fast as you can for 3 minutes. Shit, you may run half a mile in that time.
>>
>>41473870
you can do it in intervals
>>
>>41470761
Find someone you can run with.
I'm doing running intervals with my gf. Which is fitter than me so it's additional motivation for me to not stay behind.
>>
>>41471350
I call bullshit. 50 miles a week.

You do the equivalent of 10 miles (16 kilometres) 5 times,
OR
2 full length marathons
every week and you've never hit that sweet spot?

Make up something believable if you want to bullshit.
>>
>>41473257
I'm pretty sure DDR isn't good cardio since you don't maintain a steady heart rate throughout and most songs don't reach target cardio bpm anyway.
It is fun and better than nothing but pretty much any form of cardio is better.
>>
>>41470761
Here's an idea. Run with a basketball dribbling it if you're that bored. I've done it it's fun. Try to find like a paved bicycle path to do it in in a wooded area because your will look like a real faggot if you don't.
>>
>>41470761
Enjoy the scenery instead of focusing on the burning
>>
>>41474507
you will look like a retard no matter where u do that play on a court by yourself just sprinting across court
>>
>>41475406
How can I enjoy seeing suburb and the same few trees for miles on end?
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.