[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for the best strength program for a intermediate after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1492720522460.jpg (19KB, 425x655px) Image search: [Google]
1492720522460.jpg
19KB, 425x655px
Looking for the best strength program for a intermediate after a cut.
5/3/1 BBB vs Sheiko vs maybe something else?
about me
>185 cm/89 kg
>skinnyfat
>was on SL for four months gained some muscle and extra fat
>currently PHUL on cut till August
I want to start some strength based program starting from September because my bench and press are fucking pathetic.
help me brehs
>>
What are your lifts?
How many years you been lifting?
>>
>>41465420
If you like splits try GVT or OVT.

5/3/1 is trash imho.
>>
>>41465459
>years
I lift for half year now
I didn't try my maxes so for 3x5 now are
>bench 62,5 kg
>ohp 40 kg
>squat 82,5 kg
>dl 115 kg
This numbers were better but my strength got weaker because of the cut
>>
>>41465420
Both Sheiko and 5/3/1 are hit or miss for some lifters.
Generally I'd say Sheiko if you want strict programming, and 5/3/1 if you have problems sticking to a program, since you can program your own accessories given that you aren't awful at programming.

>>41465485
>GVT for strength programming
?????
>>
>>41465485
GVT is more for building mass, not sure about OVT
>>41465558
Thanks Anon that's kinda what I thought about them. Many anons here say that 5/3/1 suck but still some people claim that they've made bretty gud gains on this.
What about Smolov?
>>
>>41465558
It's good for presses. Not so good in the short term for squats and such but in the long term you'll get better strength gains and less stalling.

OVT supposedly sorts a lot of the issues of strength out. It's an eight week cycle too, you can try out other shit in the 2 week breaks until you're ready to move on.
>>
>>41465607
Smolov is a very harsh peaking routine. It is not suitable for you.
>>
>>41465610
thanks anon I like the fact that it is good for presses since mine suck the most
>>
What about Candito OP?
>>
>>41465607
I currently run 5/3/1 and am very happy with it.
For bench and OHP, most people probably have to throw in a bit of accessories however.

I'd add some less strenuous exercises for 3-5 sets, moderately high reps. For instance, feet up bench press, bottom partial OHP, tricep extensions.
>>
>>41465625
I see
thank you very much anon
>>
>>41465746
>feet up bench press
you mean lying on the bench with your feet up?
mate that's one of the dummest things you can do
>>
>>41465497
Starting strength until 1/2/3/4 for sets of 5 then go to 5/3/1
>>
>>41465888
1/2/3/4 is not a good milestone, some people can literaly come to the gym and get in 1-2 months.
% of bodyweight is better
>>
>>41465497
are you sure you're an intermediate? those are poverty numbers for someone who weighs 89kg. you might be able to eke out more beginner gains from something like SS or GSLP—and if you can, you should

after linear progression has been exhausted: i'm of the opinion that 5/3/1 has way too little intensity and frequency and should be ignored by most people—and it's certainly not for someone just entering the intermediate phase. as well as the other suggestions in the thread, also look at nsuns 5/3/1 (very different from Wendler's 5/3/1 programmes) and Nuckols's 28 free plans
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.