[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/ I just bought one of these fuckers. I hear they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: SCCPVI600-S-1.jpg (26KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
SCCPVI600-S-1.jpg
26KB, 500x500px
Hey /fit/
I just bought one of these fuckers. I hear they're goat for meal prep. Anyone have any good recipes or suggestions? Also, general recipes thread.
>>
take some potatos, carrots, cabbage, all different types of beans, lentils, onions, add bone broth, throw the meat on top, close that motherfucker and wait 10 hours
>>
>>41461816
all mine are basically from here: https://theproteinchef.co/category/healthy-recipes/slow-cooker-recipes/
>>
>>41461854
that seems like a bad idea in regards to micronutrients. won't that destroy almost all of the vitamins? at what temperatures do these things run?
>>
3 chicken breasts side to side
Corn and black beans
Add water
Drop in a beef or chicken billion cube (stock also works), and add onion if that's your thing

Cook on low for 8-10 hours
Shred with a fork

This is my goat meal. It makes enough for about 2 meals and is super tasty and good for you.
>>
>>41461816
A lot of your food will be depressing mush but they have their place. For the love of good, brown your meats in a frying pan or oven first and put a little bit of effort into your food even if you're using a slow cooker.

Use tough cuts of meat, not chicken breasts.
Make soup more often, the kind that comes from simmering bones forever.
>>
File: halotopv1.jpg (787KB, 2600x1693px) Image search: [Google]
halotopv1.jpg
787KB, 2600x1693px
Learn which veg and meats work best and understand that 90% of meals don't belong in a slow cooker

They're great but the whole scene of manchildren around them for meal prep is ridiculous because the majority of foods are going to turn into the same bland tasting goopy mess.

Curries, casseroles, slow cooked boned meats and some offal do great in there. Large fibrous veg do well in there. Everything else is better suited to a standard oven or other method of cooking.
>>
>>41462045
>chicken breasts
>cook for 8-10 hours
JESUS CHRIST /FIT/ SUCKS AT COOKING.

FUCK YOUFOR POSTING THIS OH MY GOD I AM SO FUCKING MAD RIOGHT NOW JESUS CHRIST
>>
>>41461816
Brown a roast beef on a range

Cook in that fucker all day on low with onion soup mix , carrots, and a cup or two of red wine.

Eat with the rest of the box of wine. Maybe potatoes too whatever.
>>
>>41462146
You lightly cook them before putting them in the slowcooker, otherwise yeah you'll get salmonella

But cooking them that long makes them just the right level of dry so that you can shred them without them becoming sandpaper
>>
>>41462180
He's right, you should learn to cook
>>
>>41462180
Chicken breasts are already pretty much flavorless unless you season them to perfection and cook them just right.

Slow cooking for eight fucking hours turns them into mush.

You don't lightly cook them before putting them in the slow cooker, you properly fucking cook them in a bazillion different other possible ways and don't put them in the slow cooker at all.

You people need Jesus, and also to check out /ck/

>>>/ck/8931014
>>>/ck/8933864
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=778827byReA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P15nV-XvMSI

And if you don't have the time or care to indulge yourself by pan-fry individual pieces of chicken and and are going for the bulk food prep thing, you're still way better off baking or roasting trays full of them in less time, about the same level of effort, and get something that tastes decent, assuming you actually prepared them properly (give them some time with an acid plus seasoning)
>>
Pressure cooker and a Dutch oven are together way better than a slow cooker for anything you'd want to make.
>>
>>41462446
Seconded
Throw that shit out and buy a PC
>>
>>41462004
You are such a fucking faggot, you know that?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.