[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Ketosis is the body turning to stored fat for energy to convert

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

>Ketosis is the body turning to stored fat for energy to convert into ketones instead of glucose from carbohydrates
>"Sweeteners spike insulin bruh! You'll get knocked out of ketosis!"

I don't get it. If I eat no carbs, or keep them lower than 20g, then why the fuck does 0 calories/0 carb stuff suddenly have the same effect as eating actual carbs? If I chew 7 pieces of sugar free gum that's like 14g of carbs at the very most. Yet somehow this will knock me out of ketosis because it 'spikes insulin :DD' what the fuck??
>>
do whatever you want. the fact is, there's been very little research on how artificial sweeteners affect your body. better to just avoid them.
>>
>>41461700
>Ketosis is the body turning to stored fat for energy to convert into ketones instead of glucose from carbohydrates
>if you don't eat carbs,body uses fats
>if you eat carbs, body uses carbs, after carbs deplete, body uses fat
>both let you achieve same amount of fat loss in the same amount of time

lmao are ketofags retarded or what
>hurr keto is good for fat loss
no idiot, keto helps you maintain your diet longer by making it easier
nothing less, nothing more
>>
>>41462503
I like how you did no research whatsoever before making this post
>>
>>41462530
>keto can bend laws of physics
wow ketofags ARE in fact retarded
>>
>>41462562
I'm not an expert since I'm OP but from what I understand keto promotes ACTUAL fat loss not fat+muscle.

So, since the body is in fat-burning mode, it likely won't convert your muscles into glucose for energy.

Since I'm OP though I need to ask if I should have an upper limit on protein intake. Apparently excess protein 'knocks u out of ketosis bruddy!!! ::DDD' so yeah

This is why I should just buy some anavar
>>
File: sad-man-sad-rain.jpg (86KB, 615x407px) Image search: [Google]
sad-man-sad-rain.jpg
86KB, 615x407px
>>41461700
https://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=ID&feature=relmfu&hl=id&v=1V4AscLidWg

I am so old
>>
>>41463051
You're only 22 that isn't old love
>>
>>41461700
Wat. Insulin spikes are the response to elevated blood sugar levels, most sweeteners like erythritol have almost no effect on blood glucose. Also you have the entire basics of ketosis wrong go pick up a book or rather a better diet.

>>41462630
It's the opposite, in ketosis you literally have to burn muscle mass to keep your glucose level up, those 20g every day are not enough. Keto is not "promoting fat loss" either, it's just your body switching primary fuel sources, you will still get fat(ter) if you eat too much. It is not like these are 2 mutually exclusive settings. Everything is running in parallel and in the normal fed state you are just storing more fat from carbs than you are using fats for energy because you still have full glycogen stores.

Keto is not some super diet, it still works by creating a deficit. For some people it's just easier because they feel more full eating mainly fats. Then again is less healthy.
>>
File: 1493273023710.jpg (76KB, 660x660px) Image search: [Google]
1493273023710.jpg
76KB, 660x660px
>>41461700
>>41462630
All carbs spike insulin, it doesn't matter how much you have. The response is what you should be concerned about.
Do more research. If you've come to this conclusion then you're clearly being lazy.

There's a reason why too much protein knocks you out of ketosis, it's called gluconeogenesis.

Quit being lazy and you'll find the answers you're looking for.
This >>41463275
>>
>>41461700
retard. insulin is the REASON you build muscle. without insulin ((you)) WILL not pull protein into cells for repair. If you're still trying to build at all, dont go full ketotard, just control your diet you fat piece of shit
>>
>>41463143
I was 22 when this first aired
>>
>>41462503
>if you eat carbs, body uses carbs, after carbs deplete, body uses fat

thats wrong, when you run out of carbs you "bonk" because your body has not adjusted to burning fat right away like it would if you were in ketosis
>>
>>41461700
Insulin response =/= high blood sugar

Insulin is not inherently evil. Insulin resistance resulting in prolonged high blood sugar is

Tldr: dont listen to retards
>>
File: 1494212125769.jpg (71KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1494212125769.jpg
71KB, 640x640px
>>41462630
yeah , avoid protein powders.
>>
>>41461717
>very little research
Aspartame (an artificial sweetener) is actually one of the most heavily researched and studied things to have ever been approved by the fda
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.