[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What work should I do for a bigger chest? I don't feel bench

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3952.jpg (56KB, 644x470px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3952.jpg
56KB, 644x470px
What work should I do for a bigger chest? I don't feel bench press anywhere but my shoulders triceps
>>
Don't flare your elbows out and bring the bar lower down ur chest, lower as in further from neck and closer to belly. Common mistake that might be your problem.

However barbell bench isn't a gr8 chest isolation, do dumbell bench and flies.
>>
>>41461430
This, and just to add to it,

Don't push the bar from the nipples to above the eyes (so the bar makes a semi circle shape)

Push from just below the nipples directly up to the ceiling so at the top of the movement the barbell is still in line with the nipples / just below them where you started from.

If this makes sense? If not ill draw up a stick man diagram if you'd like.

Extra tips that I find helpful:

>Try to "take your arms out of the lift". Lessen the weight and really concentrate on your pecs pushing the weight. If you do it properlly it should be real slow.

>bring the bar all the way down to touch the chest but let your arms and pecs hold the load.

>1-2 seconds holding this position between each rep

>Slow movement on the way down.

>Knuckles pointing to the ceiling, don't hyper extend your wrist with the bar across the inner knuckles.

>Squeeze the bar tightly at all times.

t. A Personal Trainer.
>>
>>41461340
I use use the peck deck
>>
>>41461710
Change careers, you will injure someone. This advice is fucking terrible

And go back to r/fitness from whence you came so I can downvote you
>>
>>41461340
Dumbbel bench press,
Cabel flyes
>>
>>41461777
Lucky trips is right
You're a bit off advising (1) bar moves in a straight line from chest to ceiling (2) holding posing at the bottom
>>
>>41461340
just do paused bench and after wards db flyes.
also you shouldn't feel it ever in your shoulders.
do powerlifting bench where you pinch your shoulders together
>>
>>41461710
I agree but not on the holding at the bottom, only do it for the first few reps during which you are getting your mobility up and remembering the ROM. During a proper lift, definitely not.

You didnt include the whole fucking body being tensed at all, not sure if with purpose.
If I were to push you a little ANYWHERE, you shouldnt flinch too much. Legs, core, chest, all tight. No wiggling.
>>
>>41461340
use a wider grip when doing bench to really get the chest
>>
>>41461777
Trips confirm, >>41461710 kys and/or read a book like SS where proper bench technique is described
As for >>41461340, the wider your grip and the longer the pause at the bottom, the better for chest growth.
Do your normal bench sets with a / bar path unlike >>41461710 described. Bar at bottom should be around nipples and at lockout should be exactly above shoulder girdle because this is the safest position, the other puts unnecessary strain on your front delt and is equally stupid to deadlifts get with the bar in front of your toes. As an accessory, you can do wide grip bench, pause bench or spoto bench press, with 2-4 seconds pause at the bottom. DB (incline or flat) bench can't hurt either.
Good luck
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.