[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can somebody help me explaining how do i unrack the barbell on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 123456789.jpg (128KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
123456789.jpg
128KB, 768x768px
can somebody help me explaining how do i unrack the barbell on bench press (using a power cage) when the weight is too heavy?

i dont have a spotter and the rack's Jhooks (pic related) are too thick and deep to lift the bar off easily. If I place the bench too much in I hit the jhooks at every rep.

somebody say to lift the butt up to unrack the bar, can somebody explain?

assume i dont have people around who can help with lift off.
>>
Can you heighten your bench by an inch? Being closer to the bar should give you a little more power to unrack it
>>
why are you trying to bench something you can't unrack? snap city.
>>
>>41455790
This. There's a good chance that if you can't lift it a few inches, you can't lift it the foot or so you need to press it proper.
>>
oh jesus christ are you a fuckin lizard? if you're barbell is hitting the spotters you move the bench forward until you can do a regular rep without hitting them.

even my turtle moves when he hits something. goddamn this is why people think muscular people are stupid.
>>
>>41455797
But your leverage is different when it's racked vs. when you're pressing, and safety rails make spotters unnecessary. For 1-2 reps, getting the bar off the rack is a legitimate problem.
>>
>>41455845
Then lower the pins or raise the bench. You'll look like a nonce if you ask to be spotted on your unrack.
>>
I cant heighten the bench.
I can move the jhooks up or down, but i've set them already low, at like half of the ROM itself.
basically to push the bar out i have to do almost a pin bench press.

>>41455819
if i move the bench out relative to the jhooks, the shoulders are in such a disadvantageous position that i cant get the bar out of the jhooks.
if i stay too in, and i can get it out (with lots of energy wastage), i hit the hooks during the rep because they hover my chest.

>>41455790
>why are you trying to bench something you can't unrack?
because i can bench the weight but the damn hooks are too deep to unrack the bar.

anyone has tried lifting their butt to unrack the bar?
>>
>>41455984
Ok anon but be safe remember nobody cares about how much you are lifting nearly as much as you think they do.
>>
>>41455728
Put a sheet or two of plywood under your bench.
>>
>>41456097
What would this achieve ?
>>
>>41456578
The additional 3/4" op requires to unrack the weight properly
>>
>>41455728
don't.
>>
>>41455984
>anyone has tried lifting their butt to unrack the bar?
this is what i do and i'd recommend it. a lift-off would be better, but it's better than nothing
>>
>>41455984
>>41458442
should add: for me, the j-hooks are close to being at the lockout height. you really want to be able to (horizontally) 'pull' the weight out from the j-hooks
>>
>>41455728

Lower the Jhooks you retarded ass faggot.
>>
>>41455984
>>41458463
see also 6:18 in this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji5ieq8JdnQ
>>
>>41458463
tried this. the bar won't slide up the incline part of the hook that you see in OP's pic.

>>41458442
>this is what i do and i'd recommend it.
can you explain how to do it? is there any video that shows properly?
you do the same thing as this? >>41458519
>>
>>41455728
> tfw its the retarded bait topic of the day
In
[SPOT FOR SALE PM ME]
>>
File: disgusted lad.png (1MB, 1084x714px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted lad.png
1MB, 1084x714px
>>41455728
>bench press (using a power cage)

>bench press
>using a power cage

what tHE FUCK
>>
>>41459559
it is the same thing as that. (i'm the poster of all 3 comments you replied to.)

when i talk about 'pulling' the bar, obviously you've still got to push the bar up enough to clear the lip. if you look closely, you can see Brian Alsruhe do just that in the video
>>
>>41459605
his jhooks are so flat. the lip is paper thin.
the op's pic jhooks are thick and deep.

anyway i'll try doing like in the video!
>>
>>41459587
>that guy who deadlifts in the squat rack
>>
>>41455845
This

>>41455790
>>41455797
Weaklings detected
>>
>>41459828
>the guy who squats in the curl rack
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.