[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is lifting while cutting even worth it? >be (5'10"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: tumblr_nntcxa2rwL1tr6ha5o2_500.jpg (65KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nntcxa2rwL1tr6ha5o2_500.jpg
65KB, 500x500px
is lifting while cutting even worth it?

>be (5'10" inb4 manlet kys) 230lb 30%bf
>1.5pl8 OHP
>2pl8 bench
>start cutting
>drop to 20% lose 40lbs
>weighing 185lbs right now around 16-18% (goal is to hit 15% first then possibly to 10%)
>can barely maintain 115lb OHP for 5x5
>bench down to 155lb
>squat suffered too, only maintained my diddly 1RM

I count macros: get my fats, crabs, and protons right and eat above my bmr (1950cal) and I eat less than my tdee (2400cal)
what am I doing wrong /fit/?
>>
>>41454948
40 lb cut mate is WAY too long to eat at a deficit. General rule of thumb is bouncing between 12-15% to 20%. Small cuttting and bulk cycles to maintain strength.

Drawback is you cant build strength as fast.
>>
>>41454948
some strength loss while cutting is inevitable. Cut down on the cardio, keep doing high volume low rep sets to minimize some of it.
>>
File: a28.jpg (32KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
a28.jpg
32KB, 480x454px
>>41455005
w-wait you're telling me I should be bulking?

I just wanted to stop looking like a fat dyel
>>
File: download (1).jpg (329KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
329KB, 1000x1000px
>>41455018
I used to do HIIT but stopped doing cardio altogether since I've been spending too much time doing high intensity low volume to try and maintain my strength but apparently I'm doing something else wrong
>>
sorry all that fat was helping you, turns out you wernt all that strong
>>
You NEED to lift while cutting. If you don't use your muscles to signal they need glycogen then you'll lose a lot more muscle. Your body will think it doesn't need them anymore.
>>
File: 1428629180889.png (287KB, 463x493px) Image search: [Google]
1428629180889.png
287KB, 463x493px
>be skinnyfat
>do SS for 7 mo
>make good strength gains
>blow up +40 lbs because I'm a retard
>cut 20 lbs
>ohp/dl stay the same, bench/squat go down by ~15%
right now I'm eating just above maintenance and my bench/squat are increasing again. should I just get them back up to were they were before and then go for another 20 lbs?
>>
>>41455211
wouldn't it be easier to drop to goal body fat and lose all that fat and some muscle along the way then to regain all that strength back?

I can already accept the fact that I've wasted all that progress I've made
>>
>>41454948
1.5pl8 OHP
2pl8 BENCH

something ain't right, fatty.
>>
>>41455042
no, he's saying that dieting for too long can stop your body from fully recovering. your strength and rate of progression will take a hit, you'll be tired all the time, and you'll start burning more muscle mass.
eat at your TDEE for between 1 and 4 weeks, then go back to dieting.
>>
>>41455266
I admit that my bench is weak

I can bench and my chest be really tight but it isn't strong at all
>>
>>41455280
I've been eating like this since March how fucked am I?
while eating tdee for 1-4 weeks how long should my cutting cycle be?
>>
>>41455329
>I've been eating like this since March how fucked am I?
not very, gains are easy to regain and noobs don't have much to lose.
>while eating tdee for 1-4 weeks how long should my cutting cycle be?
as long as they need to be. shoot for 1-2 pounds a week, which can be accomplished by eating ~500 calories below tdee and doing some cardio. keep dieting at a steady pace until you have an entire week of bad workouts or you have doms/excessive fatigue for several days in a row. the breaks are there to let you recover and back in a position to work hard in the gym, so they should really only be used once your performance is noticeably suffering.
>>
>>41455329
You've lost 40lbs since march?
>>
>>41455412
yeah, I know its a big jump but I just assumed it was alright since I was fat anyway
>>
>>41455372
I've stated that my tdee is 2400cal but that was at sedentary since Ive heard around here that tdee calculators are generous when you add in activity

I lift 5 days out of 7 so it gives me 3000cal. Do I eat that much when you refer to eating at tdee? Also, you're basically saying cut until you hit a wall and eat at maintenance for a couple weeks then go back to cutting right?
>>
>>41455469
Tdee total daily energy expendature (includes exercise). Eat below it lose weight eat above it gain weight. Do as they say go "maintenance" and eat 3000 for two weeks. After cut more its really up to you just go slower.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.