[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Close grip hammer curls? Are they anatomically safe? I can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Close grip hammer curls? Are they anatomically safe? I can't find any instructional videos.
And what does this variation work?

To be clear, it's where you're in a neutral position with your wrist and the weight is near your dick.
>>
>>41452129
I hear it works the peak on your bicep and helps with grip strength a little bit.

Try it I dunno. Why the fuck would they not be safe?
>>
>>41452129
what are you talking about

seriously

>>41452144
you cannot work the "peak" of your bicep. The bicep just gets bigger or the muscles deep to it (brachialis) get bigger to push the bicep out more
>>
i heard this works the triceps a lot i wouldnt do these if i were you
>>
>>41452184
There are across the body hammer curls, standard hammer curls, flared hammer curls, what the fuck don't you understand? I was pretty clear, retard.
>>
fucking summer...
>>
>>41452184
I'm sure by peak he means long head you dweeb
>>
>>41452202
>Incorrect grammar
>Weird short sentences
>Question marks for no reason
>Didn't define "it" in the fourth sentence

Yeah, you were totally justified in calling him a retard.
>>
>>41452262
>but your grammar!

Lol.
>>
>>41452202
>cross body hammer curls
replicate a closer grip slightly emphasizing the long head but in terms of practicality you will never significantly work one head vs the other
>>41452202
>standard hammer curl
ok, yeah. works the brachioradialis and biceps mostly.
>flared
sort of replicating wide grip. might slighlty emphasize short head but in terms of practicality you will never significantly grow one head vs the other

also, none of the examples you provided are what OP said. "Close grip".

>>41452244
As I said you will never significantly work one head vs the other. Spend years trying and see if you can do it, if you can show me it's remotely possible I'll happily admit I was wrong.

Who the fuck needs all these variations of curls anyway? Why obsess over fucking hammer curl grip variations? Do more volume, do more weight, shorten rest times, eat more, fucking anything like that will help you get the results you want more than internally or externally rotating at your shoulder for hammer curls
>>
>>41452339
Nah you'd be surprised how slight variations change how the exercise hits the muscle group
>>
>>41452339
Doing the same exercises without variations is limiting growth. The same could be said of *any* exercise.
>>
is this thread real life

hammer curls work your brachialis
>>
>>41452365
Thats a very broad statement.

The long head originates on the supraglenoid tuberosity and inserts on the radius tubercle and bicipital aponeurosis

The short head originates on the coracoid process and inserts in roughly the same area.

Internally and externally rotating at the glenohumeral joint will have very little effect on the strength of the bicep and bias of one head vs the other during an elbow flexion exercise like a curl. Take a weight and internally rotate (cross body) and curl it however many times. Do the same in external rotation. You will probably be able to do roughly the same amount of repetitions. You may be able to put slightly more emphasis on one head vs the other but you will be unable to significantly grow one vs the other or make one substantially stronger than the other.

I agree that slight variations of exercise CAN have a significant effect, such as leaning back on an incline bench vs doing a preacher curl, because the bicep crosses the glenohumeral joint and is a weak shoulder flexor. Placing the shoulder joint in an initial position of flexion or extension will effect the biceps because of it crosses the shoulder joint.

This does not really apply to hammer curls and internal (cross body) or external ("wide") rotation. The biceps do not internally or externally rotate the shoulder. Niether do the brachioradialis obviously

>>41452380
As I described, go ahead and do variations. Thats fine. Just make sure the variations actually effect SOMETHING.
>>
File: 1488918562732.png (115KB, 286x328px) Image search: [Google]
1488918562732.png
115KB, 286x328px
>>41452262
/fitlit/ is over, you have to go back
>>
>>41452496
>Internally and externally rotating at the glenohumeral joint will have very little effect on the strength of the bicep and bias of one head vs the other during an elbow flexion exercise like a curl

to be clear, I was saying both internal and external rotation at the shoulder will NOT significantly effect the strength of the bicep. It will NOT significantly bias one head vs the other during an elbow flexion exercise like a curl or hammer curl.
>>
Ya I do em. On pull day a do a set or two of these and maybe a set of concentration curls. Doesnt matter really, as long as youre getting stronger.
>>
File: 1423716217333.png (440KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
1423716217333.png
440KB, 600x599px
What's the point of doing that wrist rotation during curls?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.