[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My shitty community gym has 3 shitty treadmills, 2 shitty bike

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

My shitty community gym has 3 shitty treadmills, 2 shitty bike machines, 1 shitty elliptical and a shitty rack of dumbbells from 5 to 30 lb. Nothing that could even remotely be improvised as a bench.

Is there any way to work out my chest with that, other than push-ups? Because I really fucking hate push-ups.

For the time being, going to a better gym is not an option.
>>
you would be better off just buying some steel pipes from a hardware store and benching them at home than going to that 'gym'
>>
either bench press the treadmill or do dumbel flies, plate press with dumbells, dips between 2 treadmills, db pullovers (though not my favourite). just be a bit creative. Also all sorts of pushups possible ofc
>>
File: standing-incline-cable-fly.jpg (23KB, 361x196px) Image search: [Google]
standing-incline-cable-fly.jpg
23KB, 361x196px
also pic related w/ db's
>>
>>41449621
You would be better off getting some dumbbells and a bench from amazon and train at home.
>>
>>41449621
What if you buy a cheap bench for the gym?
>>
>>41449621
Just do dumbell flys man
>>
Be creative and find a way to do some weighted dips
>>
>push ups: the thread
>>
File: 1465522256704.gif (995KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1465522256704.gif
995KB, 500x281px
>>41449684
>bench press the treadmill
it might be the alcohol or the diabetes kicking in but I keked
>>
>>41449621
Anyway, seriously
Buy:
- 2x 50mm olympic dumbell
- 1x 50mm barbell
- 9001x 50mm weights
- 1x basic 200-350kg~~~~~~~~~~~ bench, nice and simple and cheap
- something to do pullups and dips on

If you have a proper floor somewhere you can buy some rubber mats and do diddlies and whatever as well.
>>
Thanks for suggestions, dumbbell flys is what I'd like to do but you do need a bench for that. >>41449774 seems most reasonable and practical in my situation.

I really, really fucking hate pushups.

>>41449684
>bench press the treadmill
I seriously considered that before...

>>41451091
Way too much money to spend and I don't have space for all that at my place anyway. I'll sooner be able to go to a proper gym than be able to use that.

>>41449787
Ain't putting any of my money into that shithole. I already talked to the management about improvements but they're adamant that the current setup is fine so fuck them.
>>
either weighted pushups or dips

you could use 2 benches to do pushups inbetween and get more stretch

honestly these are the most effective 2 exercises you could do, anything else is a waste of time
>>
Go to a different gym
>>
>>41449872
he doesnt have a bench idiot
>>
>>41449621
buy a pair of rings, hang them up somewhere, and do dips. you can make them harder by wearing a backpack etc.
>>
>>41452393
dumbells: 50 euros
barbell: 50-100 euros
bench: 100 euros
weights: depends but probably 100 euros for a start (can buy more later when you get stronk)
you really don't have 300 euros to spend? why are you even here if you can't afford a gym membership
>>
>>41452393
>>41452785
kek. I bought a bench (with stands which I use for squatting), a standard barbell (which will probably bend with 4pl8 but not there yet), 140kg in weight, two dumbbells, and a pullup bar for 250 euros, mint. I didn't even look for the cheapest desu.
>>
>>41449621
Floor dumbbell presses. Not as good as with a bench but still works. If you start with your hands supinated and shift to a typical position and back throughout the rep it'll get more out of it.
Chest flyes are another option.
Can also do pull overs if you tweak the holding position a little.
>>
floor press

incline by leaning on a wall

pushups, sorry

dips too
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.