[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Its all about calories in calories out >But carbs make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 12414214124.jpg (322KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
12414214124.jpg
322KB, 1680x1050px
>Its all about calories in calories out
>But carbs make you fat lmao

Someone explain this broscience to me
>>
Carbs get you hungry again faster and you end up fucking up your calories in because you decided to go all willpower all the time instead of intelligently managing your body
>>
>>41448653
Nice false dichotomy, anon.
>>
Uhh ..

You've been given a simplified model to make it easy to understand.

Right now it's like .. you know putting wood in the fireplace & setting it on fire makes heat. After awhile the wood is all burnt up and you need restock it.

The next level is working out what types of woods burn best, what happens if the wood is wet, what happens if you put leaves in there. What's dangerous stuff to put in there? What if I put lighter fluid on it .. it'll burn faster .. right?
>>
>>41448653
Carbs don't make you fat anon, surplus is what make you fat. You can literally eat only carbs like sugar and lose weight. Check ncbi docs about carbs diet vs fat diets
>>
>>41448693
>You can literally eat only carbs like sugar and lose weight.
you'll look like shit though, right?
>>
>>41448699

Nah. Well, your teeth will.

And you'll for sure feel like shit.
>>
>>41448699
If you refer aesthetics no, if you refer in health ambit probably lol, you literally will be starving like a zomby because the GI
>>
>>41448699
yes because your body needs protein to maintain muscles let alone grow any.

if you eat a carb only diet your muscles will start to break down regardless of how much exercise you get. your weight loss will be lost muscle.

also what the other guy said about satiety. it's not that carbs themselves are bad (in moderation) but protein heavy foods make you feel full for longer which makes it easier to stick to your calorie goals or even go below by accident. carbs are absorbed quickly, spike your insulin, crash it and you feel like you're starving despite just eating an hour ago.

google glycemic index, not all carbs are as bad at this. oats keep you feeling full for a long time because they're processed slowly in the stomach but still not as slow as proteins
>>
>>41448875
It would be extremely hard to not get any protein though, side from sweets and white flour I can't really think of much without any protein. Even if you eat a raw vegan diet you'd still get enough to maintain "normal" muscle mass, though likely no significant gains.
>>
>>41448920
idk what the minimal amount to sustain muscle mass is but even the local government health department says you neef 1.6g per kg so it's not just a bodybuilding /fit/ meme but an actual recommendation by doctors and the like

anyway he asked about a purely carb diet
>>
>>41448699
you'll look like shit, your liver will look like DOGSHIT, so will your heart, and you can say goodbye to your teeth
>>
>>41448653
>some dumb attentionwhore roastie cunt using books as a prop for a sitty photo with lazy instragram filters
why are women so transparent?
>>
>>41449017
>Says this on a board where 3/4 of the photos are men flexing in front of a mirror
>>
>>41448653
Your body needs protons to make and build muscle, is filling
Fiber keeps you full and helps u poo, also helps keep bad cholesterol down
Fat has makes you sated, is needed to absorb vitamins ADE and K and help your blood clot

Carbs are useful only for energy, which you can get just fine from protons and fats
You could quit eating carbs right now and have no negative affect as long as you aren't diabetic. The same is not true of other macros.

Carbs are really only good if you need to bulk as a cheap filler. For health, building muscle and keeping low bf, protons fiber and fat are king
>>
>>41448946
Yeah eliminating any macro is retarded especially protein, that's why almost every diet focuses on some carb to fat ratio. 1,6g/kg seems a lot though. A quick search gave me an estimated requirement of 0,7/kg and a recommended intake of 0,85/kg to sustain properly. That's if you're a normal weak person with very low muscle mass though.
>>
>>41449024
false analogy
>>
>>41448875
>not doing 200 tsp of pure table sugar a day diet
Never going to make it tbhfam
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.