[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me out here brahs, i cant do regular squats (feet shoulder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Help me out here brahs, i cant do regular squats (feet shoulder width) without falling over, but i can squat with wider than shoulder width stance and feet pointing farther outward with pristine form. What would i be losing if i replaced all my squats with these sumo squats? Also how could i potentially fix my regular squat problem? Could it be bar placement on my back? Stiff ankles? I can do them with mediocre form if i do it without weight and use me arms as a counterweight, but even then i still tip over occasionally. Lend me your knowledge brothers
>>
>>41445374
Falling over to the sides or forwards/backwards?
When I first started doing high bar I would always fall forward. I eventually moved the bar down an inch or so (still a high bar position) and it stopped the issue.
>>
Shoulder width foot stance is bullshit unless that fits your tibia/femur ratio.
Watch this series of videos,
https://youtu.be/Av3LO2GwpAk
>>
File: 1-nz0rhSWnFeP0NNAV5fiX-w.png (528KB, 800x543px) Image search: [Google]
1-nz0rhSWnFeP0NNAV5fiX-w.png
528KB, 800x543px
>>41445374
just pull sumo and eat butt

and the answer is
do what feels best

play with not only feet stance width but also feet rotation

note that your squat stance might change and adjust itself over time especially if you are beginner. For me that wad the case since my hips opened up a tad bit.
>>
>>41445449
Is the basic gestalt of what hes saying is that everyone will have their optimal squat position and that you shouldnt do it exactly like someone else does it? Cause thats what i picked up
>>
>>41445480
When i tried googling this earlier is sent me to a reddit thread saying exactly what you just said including the eat butt bit, explain to me what you mean by eat butt
>>
>>41445374
you should definitely work on your ankle and hamstring flexibility regardless but people should stop over thinking some retarded rules of thumb on the internet

if a certain width feels natural for you then it probably is good no matter what the internet says. wow that sure was complicated
>>
>>41445384
Im falling backwards, i let the bar lie on my traps, should i try to move it up more? I feel like thatll start putting strain on my neck.
>>
>>41445534
Doing sumo squats will help with both of those i assume
>>
>>41445543
simple stretching with no weight is even better
>>
>>41445527
Yes everyone is different, a very good example would be stand with your toes against a wall and squat down. How low can you go before your knees hit the wall? Widen your feet until you can hit parallel, you should squat atleast this wide.
>>
>>41445374
squat with whatever feels the most comfortable
>>
>>41445374

> dont take the squat rack from me and my son ever again
>>
>>41445374
Post legs m8. Ideally with quads tensed and knee cap retracted and without.
>>
>>41445374
sounds like you really need to work on your flexibility bro. get stretching
>>
>>41445536
nope lean forward more
>>
If you do it like on the picture, you're gonna severely fuck up your knees
if you want to squat deep, fix your mobility until you can
if your mobility is top notch (I promise you it isn't), then you can maybe work with wider stances but right now you're just really immobile
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.