[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the ideal amount of cardio? >inb4 none I run for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: cardio.jpg (199KB, 640x415px) Image search: [Google]
cardio.jpg
199KB, 640x415px
What's the ideal amount of cardio?
>inb4 none
I run for 10 to 15 minutes before lifting to warm up and sometimes I run another 10 minutes after I'm done
>>
>>41441296
Anything less than 1 hour is wasted time that does basically nothing for your endurance. It takes at least 20 minutes, more like 30 minutes, just to convince your body you're not going to go sit back down on the couch again. 10 to 15 minutes is only useful as a warmup or cooldown prior to doing something else.

Furthermore you have to be consistent and run/ride/row/swim/whatever at least 3 days a week in order to see any actual significant improvement in endurance.

>InB4 HIIT
Newbies to endurance-based activity should NOT do HIIT. It is literally the most stressful thing you can do to your cardio-vascular system, and as such you could SEVERELY injure it (i.e you could die) doing HIIT without adequate aerobic conditioning first.

There are no shortcuts to many things. You need to do the requisite work.
>>
File: Beedle.png (198KB, 350x482px) Image search: [Google]
Beedle.png
198KB, 350x482px
>>41442134

>you could die
>>
>>41441296
30 mins is the minimum for me, with moderate intensity
>>
>>41442161
>run or cycle as fast as you possibly can
>push your heart rate to it's literal maximum
>never does cardio otherwise
>has a fucking heart attack

Yep, that's what's possible. Some things you just don't fuck around with.
>>
>>41442134
I would like to know your sources.
I have never heard hiit is dangerous for untrained individuals.
>>
>>41442185
How unfit do you have to be to die from a few secs max speed running? Either you never had to walk in your life of you are a giant roid abuser with enlarged heart
>>
>>41442185
If he never did cardio otherwise, he would not be able to reach max hr.
>>
>>41442185
That's fucking retarded
>>
>>41442248
>If he never did cardio otherwise, he would not be able to reach max hr.
..and probably end up in the ER for one reason or another from trying to force it. THAT is my point.
>>
>>41442287
No, that wasnt your point.
Your point was that he would reach max hr.
>>
https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/why-you-shouldnt-hiit-train.html
>>
Can confirm, someone died at my university gym because of hiit. Myocardial infarction on a treadmill.
>>
>>41442134
I run eight miles twice a week and my endurance is great thanks.
I used to run 2-5 miles to build up to it which took under an hour but I still saw endurance gains.
I guess you're just full of shit aren't you.
>>
>>41441296
For general health I'd say like 30min every other day
>>
>>41442134

You are a fucking faggot stop posting.
>>
>>41442229
>>41442191
Three things

1.Telling someone who's more then likely completely untrained to just get up and do max effort Pseudo HIIT(because they won't know what it is or be able to physically do it) is just fucking criminally and retardedly dangerous.

2.Telling someone who's probably absolutely untrained to do pseudo-hiit is just asking them to snap their shit up and be completely wrecked and out of it for days. Why? Because you're stupid and think everyone is moderately fit and has time to recoup and heal.

3.Most people you're suggesting HIIT to will think their shitty interval training is HIIT and will physically be incapable of doing the sheer amount of work required for hiit to work.
All they'll be doing is either setting themselves up for a heart attack or physical injury that will set them up for failure and sour them on the entire idea of fitness altogether.
Even better. That shitty 5-10 minutes of pseudo-hiit aka INTERVAL TRAINING will be in all ways fucking inferior to a full hour or at least 30 minutes of POWER WALKING.

HIIT is for those that are already moderately fit to get back into shape or maintain their fitness. Not for fucking noobs to dick around with.
It's dangerous as fuck and the recent vogue of "HIIT FOR ERREYTHING" is goddamned stupid.

A good long walk followed by swimming or a jog is superior for basic fitness for everyone. Anything else is just gravy and should be approached with caution.
>>
>>41442134
>Anything less than 1 hour is wasted time that does basically nothing for your endurance.

stopped reading.

So if I run 8 miles at a six minute pace I wasted my time. Good talk thanks for sharing good knowledge
>>
>>41441296
4 to 6 miles a week, I read that somewhere. Don't remember.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.