[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is walking several hours each day a feasible way to cut? I never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Is walking several hours each day a feasible way to cut? I never go to the gym during Spring/Summer, going innawoods is infinitely better.
>>
>>41440731
just run in the woods
>>
boring and a waste of time
>>
>>41440752
Its not boring so long as you don't let your mind wander and think about other bullshit aside from whats going on around you.
>>
If you walk 10k daily and eat at a deficit, it will work
>>
>>41440752
You cityslickers disgust me
>>
i do kickboxing for cardio, it does me wonders and it makes me sweat a lot, but if you like walking in the woods then do it, but i suggest a diet also, low carb maybe.
You can read here how much calories some exercises burn. Walking ( burns 300-400 calories per hour)
https://boxofhealth.net/2017/05/06/benefits-of-aerobic-exercises/
>>
a 5km walk burns like 200 calories
>>
man as a kid i would walk around the streets wishing i was in final fight or streets of rage game
i was raped once
>>
>>41440731
sure as long as you have your diet sorted
>>
>going innawoods
>taking a walk in some public forest area for a couple of hours
>innawoods
pls
>>
>>41440731
If you're fat it's great. Hiking uphill is another story.
>>
>>41440731
I did this for like 8-12 months, I hiked 4-5 times a day with my dog anywhere between 5-10 miles of dirt trails + steep as fuck hills. I didn't really lose any weight(170-175). Some people swear by walking but I never got shit from it other than a good knowledge of trails and quality time with the doggo. My cardio was a little better but nothing to brag about.
>>
>>41441764
4-5 week*
>>
why walk when you could run and actually burn significant amounts of calories?

by far the most important thing to lose weight is to change your diet and eating habits. It doesn't matter how much you walk or even run if you eat like a pig
>>
>>41441330
>>41441740
>>41441764
>>41443472
I want to walk because i got fat (((again))) after losing 90lbs in high school. Which back then all i used to do was run everyday and it caused health problems. I need to take some weight off me before I can start running again because it will put too much stress on my knees and ankles. Im 23 now
>>
>>41440731
D I E T
I
E
T
>>
>>41440731
laying dormant is a feasible way to cut if your diet is right

but yes taking long walks outside in fresh air does help your metabolism. just dont eat a huge bowl of pasra afterwards.
>>
>>41444458
if you're fat enough to the point where you'll be sweaty after a walk then yes it is good exercise

BUT do not over estimate how many calories cardio (especially light cardio) burns. this is the first rookie mistake. taking a 2 hour walk will maybe up your daily expenditure by 500kcal but one donut or chocolate muffin or whatever that takes 30 seconds to eat is 500 kcal

it's incredibly easier to lower your intake than it is to up your expenditure. diet if the #1 thing even if you do exercise. if you eat crappy foods after you get home you'll lose all the benefits (weight-wise, it's still good for your heart and hormones) you worked for all day
>>
>>41443472
if you're really fat running will just ruin your joints (and kill your motivation with pain)

it's better to take a walk daily an enjoy it than it is to run, absolutely hate it, then not run again for two weeks because it sucked
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.