[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone redpill me on swimming for weight loss? Running sprinting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: majestic-manatee.jpg (607KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
majestic-manatee.jpg
607KB, 2048x1152px
Can anyone redpill me on swimming for weight loss? Running sprinting hurts my joints and makes it hard to lift. I've heard swimming is good for weight loss though.
>>
>>41437346
It's good except once you get out of the pool you're hungry af.
>>
if youre that obese that running hurts your joints you honestly need to concentrate on not stuffing your face

carrying a lot of fat makes swimming just easier and you can always ride a bike
>>
>redpill me
what do you want? eat less than you use up. swim to get some exercise and fire up your metabolism. don't fall for the "I've earned a treat" meme. you're welcome.
>>
>>41437346
just fyi, whales do swim... and are still fat...
>>
>>41437634
They're fat because of their genetics. STOP shaming whales.
>>
>>41437346
swimming burns calories faster than running and puts less pressure on the joints, though it will also be harder to do for an extended period of time, there's no reason not to swim to assist in weight loss if you know how
>>
>>41437634
Is it mre or are there always these obese mode guys who can swim for days in the pool.

I run and swim on top of lift, and I cant swim freestyle for more than 100 meters yet. Been swimming for about 6 months almost.

>how do i into katie ledecky mode?
>>
>>41437346
There's really nothing to redpill you on. Swimming is a fantastic form of cardio and is really good for lung capacity and endurance, and it's especially good for people who are overweight because the extra fat actually helps you float as opposed to slowing you down as it would with running. Just be careful not to overdo it, because swimming only one stroke can give shoulder injuries from overuse.
source: HS swimmer who neglected backstoke and got rotator cuff tendonitis because of it. Even so, it only put me out for a couple months and resolved itself with proper rest and PT
>>
>>41439671
fat is less dense than water so fatties have to expend less energy to keep themselves afloat. The fastest dude on my HS swim team looked like he had gyno
>>
read the sticky
>>
>>41439671
You seriously need to work on your breathing if you can't swim 100m after 6 months. Unless you meant sprint.
I could swim that much after a couple of weeks.
>>
>>41437451
hit it on the head, anon
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.