[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to join the army in a few years, but one of the requirements

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 20120725adf8118679_001[1].jpg (331KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
20120725adf8118679_001[1].jpg
331KB, 800x534px
I want to join the army in a few years, but one of the requirements is to carry 20kg over 20km in under 3 hours.

How would i go about training in order to meet that requirement? I'm not looking to get buff, i'm just looking to be able to easily carrying 20kg for long distances without breaking my back.
>>
work it up like you would lifting
start with like 5k and 25 lbs or 10ish kg ramp up to 10k then add 5kg you get the idea
>>
>>41436463
hmm how about running 20km
hmm hmm maybe then do it with a backpack
hmmmmm you could gradually add more weight to the back pack
hm hm hmmmmm I really don't know tough question OP
>>
>>41436463
>not being able to hold 44lbs for 12miles
how does it feel to be a woman?
>>
>>41436480
My question is more, is there any form of carrying weights on my back I should know of so i don't end up breaking my back?
>>
>>41436463
20km in under 3 hours is just a brisk walking pace, go hiking if you have any trails around you and carry your own supplies, do that four times a week for two months and you'll easily be able to march 20km with 20kg on your back.
>>
>>41436495
train squat and deadlift so you get a strong lower back
>>
>>41436463
alan thrall got a really nice video on how you shold train for the military.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy41a_RtzNo
>>
>>41436516
also the only thing that matters is the tests.
when you in there they are going to train you, don't worry about it.
>>
>>41436463
Carry a barbell on your back like a squat and get on the treadmill.
>>
>>41436463
Just join anon. If you actually try in basic and eat everything they give you, you will definitely put on muscle. Humping 20kg will become a breeze. Focus on improving your cardio before shipping off. That's what will save your life in the long run.
>>
>>41436463
Usually that is a requirement of passing out, not a requirement of joining up. That means they will train you for it, so don't worry about it. It's not hard anyway. Just get used to wearing boots and make sure your walking/running biomechanics are sound.
>>
>>41436463

Why are you using metric if you are going to join the Army?
>>
>>41437750
Maybe he isn't American.
Did that ever come to your mind?
>>
>>41436463
I walked an hour to and from school + around campus with two textbooks and a laptop. I have huge traps and back muscles as a result and can carry 50-60kg over a few miles.

Do this and also long distance running, you should be fine.
>>
>>41437763
he's a burger so he probably thinks americans invented the word army.

just like americans think the men in the marines aren't "soldiers" because they think they invented the word soldier and it only means those serving in the United® States™ of America®'s Army® Division™
>>
>>41436478
Listen to this guy.

Rucking is a staple exercise in the military. DO NOT RUN with weights. Invest in a solid rucksack, good boots and a decent regiment.

Aim for under 14 minutes per mile, time yourself.

Again, dont run, just learn to run fast. Start off with x3 - 2 miles, then a 5k, then a 2 mile again, then a 4 mile, then a 5k, then a 6 mile, then a 3 mile, then an 8- mile, then x3 - 2 miles, then your 12 mile.

Increase weight if needed. Stick to a routine like that and you'll be fine.

When you're rucking, exaggerate your arm swing, don't run, dont hold onto your shoulder straps and maintain a good posture, chin up, maintain your breathing also.

GET A RUCKSACK WITH A FRAME as well. Take care of your feet too.
>>
>>41437804
*learn to walk fast* not run fast lol.

Learn to ruck fast, fast walk*
>>
>>41437803
kek
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.