[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My parallel on low bar squat is at the very bottom of the squat.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0941.jpg (543KB, 2480x996px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0941.jpg
543KB, 2480x996px
My parallel on low bar squat is at the very bottom of the squat. Is this normal?
>pic unrelated
>>
I feel like if you can't break parallel on a squat and you feel like your already at the bottom your form must be jacked up.....

Hard to say without seeing you squat though!
>>
File: IMG_0942.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0942.png
1MB, 640x1136px
>>41432609
>Pic related
>>
>>41432629
Keep in mind it's a front squat. Haven't started doing low bar yet.
>>
>>41432629
Two things-
First, that's a front squat.

Second, I would call that BELOW parallel honestly! I'm pretty sure 99% of powerlifting judges would look at that depth and think it's perfect.

Ignore the trolls and the haters, that depth is pretty good IMO.
>>
>>41432642
Pic related was to prove a point. If my low bar is parallel ass to grass, then I would have to low bar ass to grass to hit parallel.
>>
>>41432660
Mean to write "front squat", not "low bar" twice.
>>
>>41432599
your knees are too far forward. parallel low bar feels higher than parallel high bar.
>>
>>41432629
have you tried opening your hips a bit and widening your stance?
It might take time and at first it will be terribly uncomfortable
>>
>>41432679
Knees are suppose to be forward on front squat.
>>
>>41432693
It feels uncomfortable, but I'll have to start doing it on low bar.
>>
>>41432694
he's nto asking about fronts, he said he does low bar
>>
>>41432719
I misunderstood. Question, are you suppose to sit down or back?
>>
>>41432731
you talking about low bar or front? what a confusing thread fuck

dunno enough bout front form to advise on it, but low bars should have you hinging at the hips slightly and squatting down until you feel thestretch in your hams and glutes, this feeling will probably happen if you sit back more. its a skill learned through practice.

read the squat chapter in SS and you'll never have to ask anyone about low bar again, its far and away the best description on low bars available anywhere.
>>
>>41432760
Thanks. I was talking about the low bar squat. The front squat you are suppose to sit down, maybe even forward to keep upright.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.