[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What about your thoughts on resistance bands? I'm thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: resistance-band-push-up[1].jpg (51KB, 1256x800px) Image search: [Google]
resistance-band-push-up[1].jpg
51KB, 1256x800px
What about your thoughts on resistance bands? I'm thinking of buying some to do weighted push ups.
>>
I have a couple but I'm honestly scared of using them because I'm afraid it's gonna snap one day and end up heeming myself.
>>
I got bored one day and tried them with my squats. They worked well. Just make sure to wear clothing that covers the hairy bits.
>>
I bought a bunch of bungee cords from a local farm supply for dirt cheap, and they've done the same thing as resistance bands for far less money.
>>
>>41432395

Do they work as well as free weight in that aspect? It's cheaper to buy bands than to buy a bunch of free weights
>>
>>41432601
Find a good brand and you can easily buy a few hundred pounds of resistance f or less than a $100.
>>
>>41432138
Don't fall for Kali Muscle's meme bands.
Lift dumbbells and barbells like a normal person.
>>
>>41432601
I use mine to assist other exercises. Like curls. The closer you get to the top of the motion, the less the resistance to the muscle gets. But, with bands, the more you stretch them, the more their resistance gets. So, use them both together to get a better workout.
>>
>>41432138
they add resistance to your push ups
>>
>>41432620

I would fucking love to but I have to rest my hand because of finger injury, probably about a month. I can't grip stuff too hard or put too much pressure on my hands, so at the moment I'm doing push ups with a cushion..

Can't even do a fucking pull up because that require gripping.

>>41432630
Are resistance band curl any good? Also how do you read their resistance? Like if a band states it has 30lb resistance, how far must I stretch for it to get 30lb of resistance?
>>
>>41432637
>Are resistance band curl any good?
I use them WITH the barbells. At the same time. Hits 'em nice.
>>
>>41432648

Oh damn so I can't just stack a couple of bands and curl them?
>>
>>41432678
You can, but that's not what I was talking about. Literally get two bands. One end goes under your feet, the other end in your hand with the dumbell/barbell. When the resistance to your muscles would start getting lower from the weights, the resistance from the bands will be increasing.

But I suppose you could just do the bands alone if you want. Just like you can do just the weights alone. Up to you. I'll be over here getting the superior workout in less time.
>>
>>41432710

I don't have any dumbbells or barbells at home, that's the problem..
>>
Actually I thought of sounding stupid.. can't I just grab a bag and fill it with heavy books and wear it and do push ups?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.