[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /fit/. I've been getting weird back pain. The semester

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: back.jpg (233KB, 1142x996px) Image search: [Google]
back.jpg
233KB, 1142x996px
Sup /fit/. I've been getting weird back pain.

The semester before last, whenever I would do work in the lab after a few hours I would develop a pain in the circled area in pic related. It would usually go away by stretching that region of my back, but it would come back shortly after. Then last semester it stopped.

Currently I'm working in the lab over the summer 9-5 and after a few hours, sure enough, the pain arrives.

I thought it might be my shoes or some shit, but it only affects my left side. Google is worthless because it's not the actual shoulderblade it's the muscle below it, it's not a heart attack, and I'm not an alcoholic. It's not an issue of slouched shoulders because being upright makes it even worse.

Any ideas, /fit/?
>>
>>41427719
I'd bet on a spinal problems - disc is pressuring on a nerve and your back hurts. Go to a doctor.
>>
>>41427719
wow, had the same thing from this November to around March, then when started foamroaling daily, after that, it more or less dissappered.
>>
>>41427748
That's what I'm afraid of. I can go to the doctor, but not anytime soon, hence I'd rather see if it's something stupid like my shoes or posture first.

>>41427781
Foamrolling - or just rubbing up against the side of a bench like a filthy animal - does help. I have a foam roller but I only ever use it after I lift. Just hit the spot, or do you have a full routine?
>>
File: 1492005188957.jpg (174KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1492005188957.jpg
174KB, 800x1200px
>>41427719

medcunt

Try to feel the muscle, is it stiff / spasming? It could be a strain-related injury due to awkward/asymmetrical posture. Do you lean a lot whilst working in the lab? Are you right-handed and leaning on your left side whilst working? Just because it hurts when you straighten up doesn't mean it isn't caused by a weird posture at other times.

I'm quite confident it's a muscle-related injury, doctor will probably give you physio is my bet. Keep going to the gym and watch your posture.

Have some qt 3.14s to ease your suffering, you cunt.
>>
>>41427812
>stiff/spasming
No stiffer than any other part of my back, motion is fine, and it's not spasming.

Yes, I lean a lot and am right handed although I do not lean on my left side side any more than I lean on my right.
>>
File: 1494684302117.jpg (210KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1494684302117.jpg
210KB, 1024x1024px
>>41427865

Is it painful when you press down on it? Can you press on either side of your spine without any pain? Do you remember any pain when doing lat workouts?

It's probably either a muscle strain or tear to the latissimus dorsi or erector spinae muscles. I'd say try to exercise as well as you can, do lower weight, higher repetition if necessary. Look up treatment for muscle strain, do the exercises of those muscles and stretch / go through full RoM twice a day. Use paracetamol and ibuprofen and stay away from opioids if you can.

Remember I could be some LARPing faggot and see your Dr if you doubt my advice or if it remains after several weeks, gets worse or you get new symptoms.

Good luck.
>>
I've had a herniated disc once. It wasn't awful at first aside from a sharp pain but I was hunched over for a week or two. I also threw out my back once, as in pulled my back muscles. I thought I was having a heart attack and went to the ER it was so bad. I was flat on my back unable to move for a while, advil did the trick though. I don't have the best posture but try and catch myself and correct it. When my back is sore someone walked be through some yoga poses. I don't do yoga on the reg but man you got to believe me when it relieved some back pain.
>>
I have had pain in this exact area for over a year now, but only the right side. Stretching, foam rolling and lifting helps for a couple of minutes then the pain returns. When I sit, I feel an urge to stand up, and when standing up or walking I feel an urge to sit down. Pretty much hell on earth. Don't be like me and go see a doctor.
>>
>>41427805
I just hit the spot hard as fuck.
But more concentraded on the lats, pressing hard until I feel the muscle relaxing
>>
>>41427812
Glorious shot.
>>
>>41427955
No pain at all when touching it.

I'll see a doctor when I get the chance. Thanks m8
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.