[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's some good cardio to do on an excercise bike that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4566.jpg (191KB, 1735x1800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4566.jpg
191KB, 1735x1800px
What's some good cardio to do on an excercise bike that will make my heart healthier and lower my BPM?
I started using it 2 nights ago for 30 minutes at a moderate speed, last night I did it for 40 minutes and tonight I'm about to do it for 50 minutes. Once I get up to a hour I'll just leave it at that.

Currently my resting heart rate is in the 80's and 90's, and standing up brings it up to 136. Walking around drops it to 116.

So, is this a good way to lower my heart rate? If not, what's better? I'd like to get it down to 60-70 resting and 80 when standing by the beginning of June.
>>
File: IMG_4572.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px)
IMG_4572.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Ok so I got on my excercise bike and it was broke. I smashed open the side since the screws wouldn't come out, and I found out that the belt wasn't attached. But I also saw pic related. I think the black has a wire that goes through it into the hole circled in red, that is covered in some wierd shit. What is this wierd shit, how do I get it off, and will it kill me?

I'm fixing my excercise bike (belt isn't attached) so I smashed open the side of it and on the wheel that turns when you pedal has pic related on it. I think the thing circled in black had a wire that went into the hole that's under the shit that's circled in red.
So, what is the stuff in red, how do I get rid of it, and will it kill me?
>>
>>41421463
Disregard second part
>>
>>41420812
Yes, losing weight helps aswell
>>
>>41421463
Firstly, yes, biking will lower your resting heart rate.

Secondly, nothing is wrong in that pic. The part circled in black is a sensor and the red part is a magnet. That's how the bike measures speed/rpm. The crap is iron filings. Just scrape off as much as you can.
>>
>>41420812
moderate pace sessions at a steady speed for 30 minutes at a time, 3-4x a week, is a very good way to start. rather than constantly adding time up to an hour or more, try keeping track of the session power output or pace or difficulty, and gently increasing the work pace while keeping the time limit down.

when you've made some progress and steady-state starts to get boring, try 30:60 and 60:120 workouts. basically go hard for 30 (or 60) seconds, then go very easy for 60 (or 120) seconds, then repeat. start with six sets and build gradually, eventually 10-15 times for the 30:60 and eventually 8-10 times for the 60:120.
>>
>>41424392
This. You need to work out harder first, then longer. My resting heart rate is 54.
>>
>>41424392
What resistance should i go for. I've been using 6. Not sure if there is a standard between all machines.
>>
What is the equivalent to a 5k on a bike?
>>
>>41424890
There isn't any standard between machines, unfortunately. For the steady work look for something that you can do maybe 120 peds a minute (each foot going down is a ped) and for the interval work something that is doable but tough for 180 per on the speed portions and then slow down to like half pace for the easy portions.
>>
>>41425868
>What is the equivalent to a 5k on a bike?
Good question. In triathlons, they usually team a bike ride of about 4x the distance of the run. 12.4 miles or 20K?

OTOH if you are training on a bike to cross-train from running, I'd just take the time that you'd spend on your 5K pace run and try to spend that same amount of time, at the same kind of perceived effort, on the bike.

You can also look into the various books and material on "training with a power meter" for competitive cyclists.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.