[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fit/ how do I tell my co workers who go to planet fitness and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: planet.png (77KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
planet.png
77KB, 300x300px
/fit/ how do I tell my co workers who go to planet fitness and brag they "bench" 225 for reps on the smith machine don't count without coming off as a douche?
>>
>>41419738
shoot him
>>
>>41419738
don't , just smile
maybe tell him that free weights are better
>>
>>41419738
225 on a smith machine is better than not exercising at all

just smile and nod, dont be an asshole because someone else is happy about their progress, even if its not as much progress as they think it is
>>
>>41419738
only one way:
1. bench 225 yourself
2. tell them you don't use girly machines
>>
>>41419738
Ask casually how much they lift on a regular bench
>>
File: 14011879036765.jpg (148KB, 958x716px) Image search: [Google]
14011879036765.jpg
148KB, 958x716px
>Tell someone I just hit 225 squat for 5x5
>They basically laugh at me, see him at work gym later quarter squatting 2.75 or so plates on the smith, he has fucking match sticks for legs
>Does the same shit with bench, just at 2pl8
>Only diddles 3 pl8 somewhat catbacked, also on the smith
>Also told me my fullbody routine (Just ICF) is shit and I should do a brosplit
>Told me to only do extremely high reps when cutting (over 15)
>Told me cardio is absolutely necessary to burn fat when cutting and also laughed (not in a jokey bantz way) and said I wouldn't be making progress even when I told him I had already lost weight
>counting calories and macros is apparently for faggots
I thought these people were some sort of meme myth. He does seem to have a bit of muscle, but he is also probably around 20% - 25% bf, definitely see a bit of a gut.
I try to avoid talking to him but he is a coworker unfortunately, and I need to go to my work gym to save time in my day. Wouldn't even mind talking to him much if he didn't come off as a condescending fuck buck.
>>
>>41419738
Do you understand a thing called puncuation.
In the mean time, anyone care to translate what OP said?
>>
>>41420011

The only thing you can do is out perform and look better than him.

Eventually he might accuse you of using steroids to sooth his shattered ego, if that time comes you need to laugh and tell him that is the best compliment you have ever received.
>>
Similar situation, this is how I handled it:

>Ask to join them next time
>Insist on warming up on regular bench first
>Watch them struggle greatly with one plate.

Then you get to explain what stabilization muscles are.
>>
>>41420021
something something something you're a fucking idiot
>>
>>41419738
Wouldn't friction make 225 on the smith machine actually harder?

But then again, you don't need to stabilize
>>
>>41420370
SM bars are usually counter balanced and weight only 5-20lb.

As for muscle activation there is no deference between SM and BB for pecks or front delts. There is however greater activation for mid.delts on the BB, due to bar being stabilized on free weights. Google study: A comparison of muscle activation between a Smith machine and free weight bench press.
>>
>>41420046
>only thing you can do is out perform and look better than him

unless hes taller and or has better genetics lmao
>>
>>41419738
I see guys bench on smith at my gym. Always dudes in 50s or older. I don't know how they do it without destroying shoulders.
>>
>>41420481
Average genetics coupled with good training beat good genetics and stupid shit everytime.
>>
>>41420011
This made me angry
>>
>>41420011
>DLing on the smith
What the everliving fuck
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.