[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>not counting the bar >laughing at those who do I never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1470082585270.jpg (31KB, 540x495px) Image search: [Google]
1470082585270.jpg
31KB, 540x495px
>not counting the bar
>laughing at those who do

I never understood this meme. You faggots do realize that the bar isn't weightless, right?
>>
>not using a bar made out of carbon fibers
My bar weighs only 100 grams but can handle a ton of weight. This way I can add a few kilos extra as weights that will be counted.
>>
>>41413899
I always wondered but ignored
>>
Pretty sure they are just fuckin' with you OP
>>
>>41413899
>"What plates should I put on the bar?"
>"Let me just subtract an arbitrary 45 from my weight real quick first so I can figure it out"

Bar counters btfo! Will they ever recover?
>>
File: JC5RmEh2orTl[1].jpg (50KB, 583x381px) Image search: [Google]
JC5RmEh2orTl[1].jpg
50KB, 583x381px
>using a bar
>literally lifting a big metal stick
>awkward and uncomfortable to handle
>tilts to one side
>adds meaningless weight

Just stick your fingers through the weights and lift them like that, what the fuck do you think the holes in the plates are for? Protip: bars are literally for total beginners, everyone in the gym cringes when they see you use the bar and girls think it looks retarded. Plus when you inevitably drop the bar and it rolls away and falls into the manlet pit, they can use it to pole-vault out. I swear all gyms should just fucking get rid of bars already.
>>
>>41414808
Yeah I guess you're right, counting 45 as 45 is pretty arbitrary.
>>
>>41413899
Yeahhhh when I started lifting I could only lift the bar alone. It's probably 50 lbs.
>>
>>41415070
Yes, there's no point including a fixed weight as part of a variable. Unless you're trying to impress people. But mainly I just want to know how many plates I need to load onto the bar so counting the bar seems retarded in a gym setting
>>
Jesus fuck op, are you fucking brain dead?
You aren't even lifting the bar, all it does is stabilize the weights you're actually lifting, distance from the center of gravity of the plates minimizes the actual "weight" of the bar to a negligible factor.
>>
>>41415144
Good post.
>>
>>41415144
Wow are you 12?
>>
>>41415172
4u
>>
>>41414979

Unironically good post
>>
>>41413899
when you consider the position of the bar on your back it is not adding the entire 45 lbs.
Consider that the plats are outside of your torso whereas the bar is placed right in the middle for all lifts i.e. when the bar is on the middle of your backs during squats why would you count the bar? Are you counting the weight of your head too?
>>
>op takes memes seriously
Once again op is a faggot
>>
>>41413899
Everyone uses a bar, obviously. There is no point in including it when you talk about the weights you are using. It's implied that you are talking about the weights ON the bar.
>>
>>41413899
If your bar isn't weightless then I suggest you take a few steps back and read Startling Strength by Mac Rippetone.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.