[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are iodine and selenium just memes, or do they genuinely boost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Iodine-Selenium.jpg (67KB, 186x258px) Image search: [Google]
Iodine-Selenium.jpg
67KB, 186x258px
Are iodine and selenium just memes, or do they genuinely boost the thyroid's function?
>>
pamp
>>
File: IMG_0139.jpg (36KB, 820x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0139.jpg
36KB, 820x350px
>>41411812
>tfw the globalists are inter-dimensional child molesters
>>
>>41412029
?
>>
Come on, did no one here experiment with iodine and selenium supplements? I'm buying some supps, so I'm wondering if I should include them in my list.
>>
Just eat salt, dairy, eggs instead, retard.

And no, excess iodine or selenium does not "boost" thyroid function, it's just something that is REQUIRED in order for it to function correctly. Due to soil depletion and a bizarre anti-salt (and anti-dairy + anti-fat) fad, many end up deficient in iodine today. Selenium on the other hand, is a complete non-issue unless you have AIDS or some other kind of immuno-deficiency. If you want to megadose an anti-oxidant, start taking a gram or two of vitamin C every day instead.
>>
>>41412527
>just eat salt, dairy, eggs instead, retard.
I'm allergic to eggs and dairy. And only iodized salt has iodine.

And why is selenium a non-issue? Is it that common in food?
>>
>>41412606
Selenium is extremely common in food and you don't need much of it. It's found in pork, fish, nuts etc.

Iodine is found in all forms of sea salt, and also in fish and other seafood, in addition to dairy and eggs as mentioned.
>>
>>41411812
med school student here
don't take iodine to boost thyroid's function - it will work exact the opposite way - its called Wolff-Chaikoff Effect
>>
>>41412688
But I don't get enough of it in my diet, or do you mean not to take too much of it? Is 200 micrograms a lot?

>>41412652
Oh, neat. Yeah, I knew seafood is a good source of iodine, but I don't eat it regularly at all, which is why I'm considering supplementing.
>>
>>41412770
get your blood tested, that shouldn't cost more than few dollars - I don't think you'd have low Iodine levels unless you live in some 3rd world shithole.
>>
>>41412770
and what makes your thyroid work more is generally speaking fasting and cold, try doing that.
>>
>>41412770
200μg/day is too much unless you are pregnant.

I know that sometimes the RDA and AI are set quite low (so as to prevent possible complications) like with Vitamin D, K2 and so on, but other times it's fine, like with iodine, zinc and certain other minerals.
>>
Unrelated, but I got diagnosed with autoimmune thyroiditis a few days ago. Will it affect my gains? How worried should I be?
>>
>>41412796
Alright, I'll see to it.

>>41412810
Funny you mentioned that, I'm currently on a fast trying to cut down to 10 - 12% bf.

>>41412814
I'll be reading whatever studies I could find to make sure of the safe dosage, I'm not planning to supplement at the upper limit or anything like that, but I don't wanna get that Cheeky-Wolf effect.
>>
Lol. Just go buy T3, you can get it at literally any online store selling research chemicals. Beware, it can be catabolic. I don't know why you'd want to fuck around with your thyroid but you do you.
>>
>>41412814
Alright, after some snooping around, it seems the best option for someone like me who consumes no significant sources of iodine in his diet, is to take 150 microgram potassium iodide supplements, how's that sound?

Also, what about selenium? Is 200 micrograms a safe dosage?
>>
>>41411812
They unbalace the whole body, create acidosis
>>
>>41414918
>acidosis
Only if you overdose, I imagine. I should have worded the OP better, since "boost" indicates intake of a high dosage, but I'm only gonna dose at normal RDI.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.