[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fuck, i think i just realized i have been putting on my plates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: plates.jpg (39KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
plates.jpg
39KB, 480x480px
fuck, i think i just realized i have been putting on my plates backwards...

is this bad?
>>
Not as bad as "deadlifting" sumo.
>>
good job doofus, now all your gains were in reverse.
>>
>>41404241
>roiding for 5pl8
lmao, someone post that fat girl lifting 5pl8
>>
>>41404723
>strength=size

lmao, someone fell for the SS meme, that guy looks better than 99.99% of powerfatlers
>>
>>41404743
Shame about the terrible insertions though
>>
File: 1468101874758.jpg (91KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1468101874758.jpg
91KB, 1000x800px
>>41404241
If you put the plates on the wrong way around then the centre of mass of the plate is closer to the centre of the bar, so you're actually doing lifting less weight since the moment force is smaller. This accounts for roughly 1kg per plate, so a 5pl8 deadlift is actually 210kg not 220.
>>
>>41405235
That's not how moments work. He is not lifting any lighter.
>>
>>41405282
You must be real fun at parties.
>>
>>41405235
depends on the size of the holes in the weights though
>>
>>41405235
This is true, it's also why you never see people using 2 10kg plates instead of 1 20kg plate since the weights would end up further along the bar.
>>
>>41404723
Larry pulls nearly 9pl8 and also benches over 6pl8 at like 22.
>>
>>41404243
This. Exact same thing as leg pressing instead of squatting
>>
>>41405366
No it's completely and obviously different and if you'd ever moved actual weight on either a sumo or conventional DL this would be readily apparent to you, don't worry we were all iron-lyfe purist retards in out first 6 months of lifting too, you'll grow out of it
>>
>>41405323
>every day someone using 4 10kg plates on bench
>triggering me
>>
>>41405235
>f you put the plates on the wrong way around then the centre of mass of the plate is closer to the centre of the bar
>Suggesting the center of mass ever leaves the center of the bar.

>you're actually doing lifting less weight since the moment force is smaller
You're describing torque.

All plates have their individual center of mass right in the middle. Unless you mismatch plates the center of mass is always in the middle of the bar.

Unless I'm missing some really obvious detail or I took the bait.
>>
>>41404723
I think he roided to be more muscular than 99% of the population, not for strength like a weirdo
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.