[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with DOMS? About two years ago, when I was exercising

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

How do you deal with DOMS? About two years ago, when I was exercising several hours every day it was almost impossible to get them, no matter what I did. But now I sometimes get them. I had an intense leg workout about 4 days ago, and my legs still hurt.
>>
>>41402326
Eat. Rest. Wait.
>>
>>41402354
DOMS is not an indication of training fatigue, and doesn't necessarily mean that continued training will result in muscle loss. Likewise, a lack of DOMS does not indicate a failure to overload/produce enough volume for gains. Bayesian Bodybuilding has quite a lot of collected information on this if you want to read more about it.
>>
>>41402878
So what do you suggest one ought to do when one has DOMS?
>>
>>41403039
You're gonna have to go with what your body is telling you. Do some very light stretching of sore areas, work your way up to rolling. If you still hurt at that point, you should never train through pain. If the stretching and/or rolling makes you feel mostly better, you should be fine to train. Most importantly, make sure you aren't injured. If there's even light pain in a joint, do not train through that.
>>
>>41403067
Nah, I'm pretty certain it's just DOMS, not actual pain. I've hurt myself exercising before, this is not it. I'm just looking for means to reduce them so that I can jump back into action faster. I don't like having unscheduled rest days.
>>
>>41403096
Get some glutamine supplementation rolling if you haven't already. There aren't any peer reviewed studies I can link you to that prove its effectiveness, but it's not super expensive and it seems as if it decreases recovery time. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'll take the placebo effect too ;)
>>
>>41403135
Thanks!
>>
>>41403158
No problem. Good luck to you
>>
>>41402326
You work your legs too infrequently. Also avoiding training a muscle group when you have "DOMS" is pretty much the most counterproductive thing you could do.
>>
>>41403195
>not working out the muscle that's ripped is counterproductive
how exactly?
>>
Magnesium, ashwagandha, beta-alanine, BCAA. It helps me with DOMS.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.