[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Started going to the gym last month. Gained 5 kg ( 58 > 63

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1379969375371.jpg (383KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1379969375371.jpg
383KB, 1000x1500px
Started going to the gym last month.
Gained 5 kg ( 58 > 63 )
Feel abit stronger but not alot.
Am i going to fast?
Also 188 cm lanklet

;noob question thread
>>
>>41393292
You're 63 at 6'2...fuck no, you're not going too fast, you fucking twig
>>
194 cm lanklet here with 80 kg.
legit afraid that someday wind will carry me away to pakistan.

so yeah, nt
>>
>>41393292
>>41393313
>>41393318

Ignore these retards OP. With perfect diet, noob gains, and perfect routine, you can gain about 1.3kg muscle per month. Add a little fat since it is hard to gain one and not the other, and you are at 2kg weight gain per month. That is with PERFECT diet and routine and noob gains...

Let's face it, your diet and routine aren't perfect so you only have noob gains, which won't last forever. Continue at this rate and you will get fat way too fast and have to cut which will waste time you could have spent building muscle.

Slow down. Shoot for AT MAX 2kg per month, probably more like 1kg/month to be on the safe side. Be smart, build muscle over a course of years.

.5kg/month muscle growth may seem like slow growth, but keep that up for 2 years and you will have gained 12kg of pure muscle and 6-12kg of fat. You will be pretty big and won't need to cut forever to look good.

Good luck.
>>
>>41393313
thats what i thought
>>41393318
im the skinniest faggot in town buddy
>>
>>41393419
Going to the gym 5 times a week and just chugging down whatever food i can stand and protein shakes 1-2 times a day.
Atm i just wanna hit the normal weight so i can stop looking like i've been flattened by a mammoth.

Any food plan / workout routine anyone can recommand for my atrocious starting position?
>>
>>41393431
How skinny you currently are is irrelevant. Muscle growth rates are determined by how fast the liver can produce the required elements which the body uses to construct musculature. If you gain weight at a rate greater than the liver's ability to produce these required components the only outcome is gaining fat.

SLOW DOWN.
>>
>>41393478
But if you do this then later you will have to waste time by losing the massive amount of fat you will gain. And you won't look normal, you will just look FAT.

This is a slow process. Recognize it is going to take around 2 years to look the way you want, and it will take EVEN LONGER if you keep doing what you are doing, like 3+ years.

SLOW THE FUCK DOWN.

At this rate you will gain 60kg in a fucking year you moron.
>>
>>41393519
>>41393502
Okay i hear you guys.
Will take it easier from now on, guess i got too excited and i understand my body will have to adapt for this.
Gonna aim for 1.5kg a month and see where it will lead me.

Should i keep my 5 day split or do some other beginner program?
>>
>>41393579
I recommend whatever program is interesting enough to keep you going every day the program requires. For me its a 3 day full body workout, maybe for you its a 5 day split. Just depends.

Consistency over years is for more important that specific routine.

1.5kg is a good target for the first year(when you have noob gains) after that I would drastically lower it again(.5 to .7kg, maybe even cut). After a year with great diet/routine and noob gains maybe about half of the 1.5kg/month will be pure muscle, so you will still gain a lot of fat but totally within reasonable bulking limits.

Just remember, cutting is always harder than bulking. Consider carefully how much you want to have to cut down the road.
>>
>>41393632
Alrighty then mate.
Gonna start counting calories from now on and keep it on check instead of what ive been doing now.

Thanks for the answers guys, helped a bunch of clearing up my questions.
>>
>>41393785
One more for anyone lurking thread atm.
What would my daily calorie intake per day look like?
Myfitnesspal says 3k daily. for 0.2kg/week
>>
>>41393847
there are probably better places to find your TDEE, but whatever you find, it's just a starting point, you will have to adjust it up or down according to rate of loss/gain you read off the scale
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.