[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /fit/ have any tips for starting cardio with asthma? Resting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: asthma_625x350_81465471172.jpg (21KB, 625x350px) Image search: [Google]
asthma_625x350_81465471172.jpg
21KB, 625x350px
Does /fit/ have any tips for starting cardio with asthma? Resting BPM is 90-110. I don't use an inhaler or anything and I want to start doing cardio to lower my resting BPM, the link the sticky goes too doesn't say anything about asthma.
>>
>>41391833

I've got asthma too, OP. Start small and have a plan to consistently lengthen your cardio sessions and increase the intensity. It just takes time. Also, get some salbutamol (Ventolin) when you start because you never know when you're lungs are going to fuck off on you.
>>
>>41391880
So just go out for like 30 minutes at a time biking and carry the inhaler I don't use?
>>
>>41391926

I don't know what your current ability is so I can't recommend a starting point but I would definitely recommend carrying the inhaler. My asthma is only activity induced and I rarely use it but when I start getting into lengthy or intense cardio sessions it really flares up. Better to be safe than sorry.
>>
>>41391833
>Resting BPM is 90-110

holy kek RIP dude. thats my resting heart rate on mdma. i'd be too scared to excercise if my resting was that high.

do you smoke or are really unhealthy or something?
>>
I have Asthma too, but getting fit really helped... my advice. Run / Jog / walk. Take it slow and steady always take your inhaler run where people are in case you do get an attack. Don't run if the weather is cold or frosty. Try and push yourself harder each time.
>>
>>41392054
Forgot to add do this at least every other day for at least 40 minutes
>>
>>41391994
Not OP but i have the same rate and I eat like shit. I think having asthma and lung problems itself is a part of the problem. You need to pump more in order to get enough oxygen
>>
>>41392136
fuark bro I'd be scared as shit to be sitting still and have my heart going that fast. go do some cardio before ur heart explodes
>>
>>41391994
Nope, nothing is wrong with my heart or lungs strangely. Through deep breathing I can get it too 70 but only for a moment. I actually eat healthy for my low ass body weight to my age. Not fat or anything, rather skinny really.

>>41392173
This is why I want to do cardio to stop my heart from being so high all the time.
>>
Asthmatic all my life. In and out of hospitals as a kid. Running help strengthen my lungs, to the point I was able to run collegiately. I still needed an inhaler to take before physical activity, and I do to this very day. But regular controlled exercise and an inhaler on hand can change your life mate. Keep at it and be safe.
>>
>>41391833
inhalers
but it hurts to much to run so i just lift
> cardio kills gains r-right?
>>
>>41391926
Yes, use the inhaler. The reason why you're worried about cardio is the same reason the inhaler could save you. If you can already go biking for 30 mins, sure. I you cant, go for intervals of 5 mins followed by similar rest periods.
>>
If chlorine fumes are not a trigger for you, I highly recommend swimming. I have CF with asthmatic tendencies, and when I try to run on anything that's not a treadmill, I usually hit some trigger at some point during the workout (grass, exhaust, etc). You could do cardio inside on treadmills and shit, but my understanding is they encourage poor running form and aren't as effective of a workout (swimming burns a lot more calories than most forms of cardio for the same length of time and intensity).

Look into getting your hands on ephedrine too. I pop one about 30 minutes before I do any workout and it really helps. And as the other anons said, get yourself some controlling medicine from your doc.
>>
>>41392790
look into doing 'couch to 5k' its a training program where you slowly build up to running 5k. this is very good for cardiovascular health
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.