[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do side crunches help you get curves, or get rid of your curves?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: West.jpg (46KB, 595x615px) Image search: [Google]
West.jpg
46KB, 595x615px
Do side crunches help you get curves, or get rid of your curves?

I'm a girl and trying to get a flat tummy, but still keep my hourglass shape. I heard conflicting arguments on whether side crunches help or get rid of your curves. What's the truth here?
>>
Wtf are curves?

You mean fat and no. Working your abs won't get rid of your disgusting flab
>>
>>41387245
"Curves" are a genetic lottery based of fat distribution. If you want a flat tummy, planks can help you hold your ab muscles better, but in reality you need a caloric deficit.
>>
I know, I have lost 50 pounds and maintained for the past 7 years with weekly gym sessions and diet, but still want to flatten my stomach cause as I have gotten older I see fat sticking here longer than usual.

When at the gym I was told doing weighted side crunches makes your curves go away, so I stopped doing them. I still do all my other ab work, but I don't know whether it's necessary I cut this out of my workout or not.
>>
>>41387245
if you have an hourglass shape nw you will always have one provided you don't get overly skinny or fat or lose a bunch of muscle

side crunches do nothing at high reps and make you look blockier and wider at hypertrophy/strength reps, so don't bother and continue having your pick of men

next time post in QTDDTOT
>>
Side crunches train your obliques which technically makes your stomach area slightly wider, but I can guarantee you there won't even be a difference since a) you're a woman which means you won't gain almost any muscle, and b) you're doing them with bodyweight

just lose weight with whatever method you like the most, you won't get the hourglass shape by training. You either have wide hips and narrow waist, or you don't. However leg and ass training is critical in looking good, no matter how good hips-waste ratio you have, if your legs are sticks and ass is flat you'll look dumb
>>
File: IMG_1936.jpg (108KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1936.jpg
108KB, 640x1136px
>>41387245
This is me. Got any pics? Let me take you out. Reply to this email.
>>
>>41387316
sorry about the chin
>>
Thanks for the replys, Im going to just refrain from the weighted oblique workouts then. Get better at my planks
>>
>>41387370
if you want a smaller tummy, one actually legitimately working method that also helps your back a lot is stomach vacuums. Bodybuilders do it a lot, since a good V-taper is always sought after, so a small waist looks better

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ms-fit5.htm
>>
>>41387392
i read about this the other day and it seems so silly but i may give it a try.

curious to hear peoples results with this
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.