[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on keto I've been eating next to no carbs simply

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Redpill me on keto

I've been eating next to no carbs simply to cut my calories low and still get enough protein but this whole ketosis thing doesn't sound healthy. How low can I go with carbs while avoiding ketosis?
>>
>>41387073
ketosis is functionally irrelevant, not bad or good for you and doesn't affect weight loss. people do it because they find it easier to restrict calories by relying on fat and protein virtually exclusively as macros, just hit your protein and calorie goal, eat your veggies and everything else is of miniscule importance dietarily
>>
>>41387093
>just hit your protein and calorie goal, eat your veggies
this is what I've been doing for 18 months now and the exact mindset I've had but for the first time I'm in a situation where I drastically have to limit my carbs to keep my calories negative.

I've heard conflicting things on keto diets and I'm not really asking if it's effective or not. it doesn't sound like a healthy state to keep the body in. though I have to admit I never feel hungry anymore.
>>
>>41387123
ketosis is fine health wise, though i'm concerned that you HAVE to do it currently to get into negative calories. if you've spent an elongated time on a deficit and noted substantial metabolic slowdown, a diet break and periodic refeeds are likely in order. google these concepts in conjunction with lyle mcdonald's writings.
>>
>>41387073
>How low can I go with carbs while avoiding ketosis?
0g

Retarded question
>>
>>41387093
While I agree keto is NO better or worse than standard caloric deficit for weight loss, I've been on it for a few weeks now and have documented health benefits of reduced a1c AND a much increased response to existing insulin

99% of the people on keto are single mothers and middle aged housewives cutting out pizza and eating more bacon and calling it a day but the health benefits of genuine ketosis do exist

>>41387123
It's healthy, it just comes with a couple of drawbacks like any diet
What isn't healthy is stuffing your face with processed meat and dairy (bacon and cheese) and vegetable oils under the guise of a keto diet
>>
>>41387192
obviously. this isn't one of those "I found a way to eat all the fats I want!" keto diets. Other than vegetable oil with cooking I don't eat that many fats. My diet before was close to 40-40-20 but in practice less than 20% fats. Now I'm just cutting heavily into the carbs because I don't want to lower my protein intake. I have no plans of upping the fats.
>>
>>41387238
>was close to 40-40-20
>I have no plans of upping the fats.
Then you're not doing keto, you're just eating less carbs and more protein
>>
>>41387073
It's bullshit
>>
>>41387073

If you're a fatty, I would actually highly recommend going into ketosis. Think of it as "rehab" for your sugar addiction. I even went so far as to buy those diabetic test strips at the drug store just to make SURE I was in ketosis. Being overweight is far more dangerous than any potential side effects of ketosis.

If you're just looking to restrict overall calories, then yes, you'll find that carbs are the easiest thing to eliminate from your diet.

When I'm cutting, for example, I pretty much can't hit my calorie AND protein goals without eating very protein dense foods and whey powder.
>>
>>41387291
I don't really care "what I'm doing". Ketosis is set on by lack of carbs in diet and that's what I was asking about.
>>
Why do I keep shitting myself?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.